Goal-Day Thread Game 5: Everything is Missing: AZ at MIN - 5PM - NBCSN

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I know this is frustrating but our D was good again and back up goal tending was good too. These are good signs longer term unlike last year, when our D and goal tending was a train wreck the first 20 games. I still think the goals will start coming, we are getting good chances, just not finishing. The parts of the game that can be coached, it seems like the team is playing solid hockey. For goal scoring, Tocc could juggle lines but not a lot else he can do to score goals. Keller and OEL are too good for this to last very long and Stepan is a consistent 50 point + forward, the tide will turn for us in the first 10 games. They'll get a few goals and the flood gates will open.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Thought this was Kuemper's best game but he still seems a little jittery in net. Honestly he seems like perfect student for Sean Burke. Too bad we couldn't figure out a way to keep him.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
This is where it turns around. I just dropped 50 dollars which they match (First time bet) so 100 on the Yotes to win the cup. I got 1 to 10 000 odds, frick thats 1 000 000.00 That by itself will make this season interesting and comical Goooooo Yotes
Soooo I’m 15 pages late here, but where the hell are you getting 10,000/1 odds on this?

Definitely NOT asking for a friend. I’ll take 10,000/1 odds on damn near anything.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This is where it turns around. I just dropped 50 dollars which they match (First time bet) so 100 on the Yotes to win the cup. I got 1 to 10 000 odds, frick thats 1 000 000.00 That by itself will make this season interesting and comical Goooooo Yotes

Yeah, tell us where.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Which one of you is Kevin?

full

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I know this is frustrating but our D was good again and back up goal tending was good too. These are good signs longer term unlike last year, when our D and goal tending was a train wreck the first 20 games. I still think the goals will start coming, we are getting good chances, just not finishing. The parts of the game that can be coached, it seems like the team is playing solid hockey. For goal scoring, Tocc could juggle lines but not a lot else he can do to score goals. Keller and OEL are too good for this to last very long and Stepan is a consistent 50 point + forward, the tide will turn for us in the first 10 games. They'll get a few goals and the flood gates will open.
Can't agree with this the team D has not been good imo. We are constantly giving opportunities to the opposition and if it weren't for the above solid goal tending, things would be different.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think our D has played to their capabilities yet. Kuemper was good on the most part, but the Wild missed a couple of open nets.

Thought this was Kuemper's best game but he still seems a little jittery in net. Honestly he seems like perfect student for Sean Burke. Too bad we couldn't figure out a way to keep him.
I agree, but his rebound control is still bothersome to me. Speaking of Sean Burke, does anyone know what happened to him?

Can't agree with this the team D has not been good imo. We are constantly giving opportunities to the opposition and if it weren't for the above solid goal tending, things would be different.
I agree. I think OEL has been good, not great overall, but the rest of the bunch are much to be desired. They have had their moments, but we need much more from our back end. Have you noticed how many shots the D make that get blocked. I think the Ducks had over 20 in that first game.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Burke is a regional pro scout with the Habs. He still lives in AZ. I believe he walked away from the Coyotes after Maloney refused to promote him any further.

Some people think Burke is going to follow Tippett to Seattle.

Reactions: Jakey53

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
You say that, but Mikael Granlund scored on almost the exact same move, from further out, IN THE SAME GAME... I'd rather have my team shoot than not shoot in almost every case.

Except there was a screen by hammer. Check the tape, and please don't make me make a Gif of it. The Crouse shot was just straight to Dubnyk. Now again, I don't necessarily think Crouse's shot was all that bad except for him shooting glove side. What my intention was, was to provide an example of many shots similar to his that we continue to take when gaining the zone.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
2.2 GAA, 4th in the NHL, thats not all goal tending or D, its really team D and puck possession. Our goal tending has been good but not fantastic, some soft goals have happened. We are on pace for under 200 goals against, we makes the playoffs if that is the GAA. Our D has been solid.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I’ve been a fan for 20 years and I don’t remember a season where I have been so disinterested. I am forcing myself to watch out of a sense of obligation, but it doesn’t make me happy any more. Between the revolving door of players, lack of legit talent and years and years of just plain suckitude, I find myself looking at the clock a lot while watching the game. Even when this franchise was in bankruptcy, on life support, I knew who played what style and what to expect when he was on the ice. Now I just expect to see some guy play mediocre hockey and not score.

I see that the shots are up - but imo the quality of them is way down. Really, I think 95% of the coyotes’ shots this season would be stopped by a beer league goalie. Faceoffs have been good but they result in the aforementioned low probability shots. I don’t see any creativity from this group. No pride. No swagger. This is a team of soft third liners, and that is no fun to watch.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Enough of the 'Debbie Downer' stuff-

The Dead Wings have NO regular season wins (2 ties). Only 2 points after SIX games AND outshot 30-14. The sun will come up tomorrow...

The Red Wings are on like day 0 of their rebuild.

It's considerably more distressing to have a young team struggling in the stage the Coyotes are at.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
2.2 GAA, 4th in the NHL, thats not all goal tending or D, its really team D and puck possession. Our goal tending has been good but not fantastic, some soft goals have happened. We are on pace for under 200 goals against, we makes the playoffs if that is the GAA. Our D has been solid.
I disagree. The D have made way to many mistakes, and when you don't score it magnifies. I don't think they have been as bad as most say, but they have not played as expected or capable.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I’ve been a fan for 20 years and I don’t remember a season where I have been so disinterested. I am forcing myself to watch out of a sense of obligation, but it doesn’t make me happy any more. Between the revolving door of players, lack of legit talent and years and years of just plain suckitude, I find myself looking at the clock a lot while watching the game. Even when this franchise was in bankruptcy, on life support, I knew who played what style and what to expect when he was on the ice. Now I just expect to see some guy play mediocre hockey and not score.

I see that the shots are up - but imo the quality of them is way down. Really, I think 95% of the coyotes’ shots this season would be stopped by a beer league goalie. Faceoffs have been good but they result in the aforementioned low probability shots. I don’t see any creativity from this group. No pride. No swagger. This is a team of soft third liners, and that is no fun to watch.
This team is soft, but they have pride. Let's wait and see what happens. This should build character, and when we come out of this funk, we will be all the more better for it, I HOPE.:)

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I disagree. The D have made way to many mistakes, and when you don't score it magnifies. I don't think they have been as bad as most say, but they have not played as expected or capable.
What are you talking about? Then the other team must suck at scoring. So if the D didn't make "way too many mistakes" would our GAA be? under 1? Our goal tending has been good, but not Vezina good. Look at the bigger picture and underlying dynamics. Puck possession and forwards back checking has been really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->