Game 5: Columbus vs. Chicago | 1/26 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Man, they just showed the replay again. Phantom call by O'Rourke to wave off #CBJ goal. Completely unacceptable

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

Wow, Dan O'Rourke just waves off a Columbus goal for incidental contact. May be the worst call in history. Total joke.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Dorse is hurting the team with his ill-timed penalties and undisciplined play.

Aucoin earned himself a press box pass at least for a game. Time to put Savard out there. Moore hasn't done anything to get sat down yet.

He's getting too many minutes on the 2nd line. Put him where he belongs on the 3rd or 4th line and gets less minutes. He's a good hitter, I don't think he takes undisciplined penalties to the extent you guys do. He's a heart and sole player, not a scorer.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
The country club appears to have remained open. There's no coaching going on and half the team obviously spent the down time sipping Shirley temples.

I'm sorry, I can't agree with this.
This game was a much better effort, we actually were able to establish some good pressure on the Blackhawks, and we would have at least got a point if it wasn't for that called off goal.
Now granted, there was some boneheaded mistakes, especially for that Toews' goal. I really don't know why he was left there all by himself...

My goodness, Johansen is really starting to break out, that kid is gonna start putting up the points.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Bring in Savard, I don't care who sits but if you're not gonna play him let Holden be the 7th or have a rotation of Erixon and Savard coming up and down. Kid needs to play at some point. I also want Draz or JAM up.

USNBluejack

Jul 9, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
They outshot, outhit, and also outplayed the Hawks for the big portions of the game. The were screwed by officials. To be embarrassed after the game like that is embarrassment.

Agreed. I was proud of our boys tonight. Minus a bad call and a bad turnover that was a regulation win. Minus just the call it was a point at least. They hit, they skated, hell, even Mase did alright. We got hosed.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
I was busy earlier, started the game late. It was made later by having to sign up for GameCenter Live again because I had changed credit cards and it didn't auto-renew like I thought it would. I started the game live, and before I could switch it back to the beginning the waived off goal happened.

Usually it takes 48 hours for buyers remorse to set in. This was a whole new record.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville: 'The right call was made. His skate picked him from coming across the crease. He couldn’t get over."

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Just got back from the game. I haven't read the thread, so apologies for any redundancy.

Terrible Call. That happens nightly. Hell, Holmstrom made a career of being in the goaltender's face.
There you are, Dubinsky.
Mason was solid. A little bad on rebound control, but he was very sharp with the glove tonight.
Welcome to the NHL, Joey. Just a glimpse into his potential, but boy did he look good to me tonight.

It's a loss, and losing sucks, but sometimes you're going to play well and lose- any team will. The problems are the turds like the two games out West - not games like this. I can live with games and efforts like this.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
What the hell do the refs have against the Jackets?

Brass with the nice giveaway, Aucoin burnt by Kane. Mase actually kept the Jackets in it. He made some key saves. Good effort, need a few less mistakes.

****ing referees.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Brass with the nice giveaway, Aucoin burnt by Kane. Mase actually kept the Jackets in it. He made some key saves. Good effort, need a few less mistakes.

****ing referees.

That was Letestu

bizzz*

****ing referees.

Zebras already took a point away from him. Don't blame Brass for something he didn't do. He wasn't even on the ice at the moment.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
This team is an embarrassment. I wish I could see one thing to look forward to, but its hard.

We're getting dominated in all facets of the game.

Sure the power play looks good, but we are not scoring.

They outshot, outhit, and also outplayed the Hawks for the big portions of the game. The were screwed by officials. To be embarrassed after the game like that is embarrassment.

1) This is the same board that was predicting 8-1 Hawks, etc. CBJ played well, could have won and got absolutely screwed by the officials. How do you practice to prevent getting screwed by the officials? They played well enough to win, but it was taken away from them. I do not blame the players for that.
2) Mason made some great saves, and some boneheaded decisions. I am done blaming him and done making excuses for him. I am just playing out the string on his contract. There is no way in he** that he gets resigned, so it is just a matter of time.
3) They are what I expected them to be - decent on D, dreadful on O. I'm watching to see the improvement in the young guys, to see a new attitude and hopefully, to see an actual, clearly defined team identity.

btw, Dubinsky killed off about half of one Hawks PP, all by himself. That was sweet.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Sorry the zebras gave that one towards the Hawks, games like that are hard to swallow. We will see each other again though, and Im sure karma will set things straight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad