Game 5: Columbus vs. Chicago | 1/26 7PM EST

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The only guys that had bad games tonight are Aucoin and Dorsett. Yes, I'm excluding Mason from that list. Despite getting beat on the 1v1 and the bad play behind his own net, that was one of the better games I've seen him play.

bizzz*

This team is an embarrassment. I wish I could see one thing to look forward to, but its hard.

We're getting dominated in all facets of the game.

Sure the power play looks good, but we are not scoring.

They outshot, outhit, and also outplayed the Hawks for the big portions of the game. The were screwed by officials. To be embarrassed after the game like that is embarrassment.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I had this weird feeling after the disallowed goal. I didn't care. I expected it to be waved off. I wasn't mad at all. I would have been upset if it had been a goal, in fact.

The country club appears to have remained open. There's no coaching going on and half the team obviously spent the down time sipping Shirley temples.

bizzz*

The only guys that had bad games tonight are Aucoin and Dorsett. Yes, I'm excluding Mason from that list. Despite getting beat on the 1v1 and the bad play behind his own net, that was one of the better games I've seen him play.
Now I can agree with you :) I can't stand Dorsette lately. He gets perfect feed 5 feets away from the net and shoots the puck straight at goalie's chest. No hands, no brains, just hustle.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I had this weird feeling after the disallowed goal. I didn't care. I expected it to be waved off. I wasn't mad at all. I would have been upset if it had been a goal, in fact.

The country club appears to have remained open. There's no coaching going on and half the team obviously spent the down time sipping Shirley temples.

Yeah, and I was the one accused of not being a fan in the 2013 draft thread.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
They outshot, outhit, and also outplayed the Hawks for the big portions of the game. The were screwed by officials. To be embarrassed after the game like that is embarrassment.

I agree.

I hate relying on Mason but for this game, I thought he did rather well. He made the saves he used to not make and he kept his head. I have a tiny faint glimmer of hope that he is maturing mentally, which means he may end up decent.

We play like a bunch of no-names but at least we play with heart and we just played the best in the league to a tie.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aucoin was the only one tonight who played bad. Not sure why everyone hates Dorsett now because thats the same player I saw last year. We all know he's not a 2nd liner, but he's and effective 3rd or 4th liner.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Aucoin was the only one tonight who played bad. Not sure why everyone hates Dorsett now because thats the same player I saw last year. We all know he's not a 2nd liner, but he's and effective 3rd or 4th liner.

Dorse is hurting the team with his ill-timed penalties and undisciplined play.

Aucoin earned himself a press box pass at least for a game. Time to put Savard out there. Moore hasn't done anything to get sat down yet.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
A Wings fan, came to say you got absolutely shafted by the refs tonight. Never seen anything like it, not in hockey at least. You've looked better than the results IMO.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
We just can't win. Mason plays well one game so I guess the trade off is we get screwed by the refs. I'm not embarrassed to be a fan after this game, but I embarrassed by the major screw up by the ref. Refs should never have a negative impact on any game, on any team in any league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad