Game 5: Columbus vs. Chicago | 1/26 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sorry the zebras gave that one towards the Hawks, games like that are hard to swallow. We will see each other again though, and Im sure karma will set things straight

We thought that last year when the Kings were handed a win by their scorekeeper. What happened? We lost the lottery and the Kings won the cup. Karma doesn't exactly side with the Blue Jackets.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Zebras already took a point away from him. Don't blame Brass for something he didn't do. He wasn't even on the ice at the moment.

I meant Brass with the turnover at the beginning of the double minor PP. He turned it over inside our zone then took a tripping penalty negating the PP then Dorsett with the high stick.

bizzz*

I meant Brass with the turnover at the beginning of the double minor PP. He turned it over inside our zone then took a tripping penalty negating the PP then Dorsett with the high stick.
Well, anyway. He's done more good things than bad. You mentioned only the bad one. Brass was 75% in the circle and took THAT shot on goal. He played well tonight.

Considering Dorsette. He takes stupid penalty in Phoenix - we get scored on. He takes stupid penalty tonight... again. He can't shoot the pack to the net from 10 feet. He can do nothing on offence. Even Brassard had 4 hits tonight, Dorsette just 2. What is he good for I don't know. They were saying he is an "agitator". Who did he agitate last time?

Look at Boll. Makes hit - fights Weber - we score. Makes hit - fights Mayers - kicks his azz and gets PP - we score. And he doesn't pretend to be anybody else, just doing his job good.

Joey, Moore. I was really impressed by Johansen. When he was taking that face-off with a few tens seconds remaining in offensive zone I didn't really care if the Jackets gonna score or not, I just wanted Joey to win THAT draw. And he won it cleanly. This kid is gonna be good.
That's some future right there. And if we only had Cam instead of Dorsette...
They are what I expected them to be
Just what I wanted to say as well. And they're fun to watch.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Bring in Savard, I don't care who sits but if you're not gonna play him let Holden be the 7th or have a rotation of Erixon and Savard coming up and down. Kid needs to play at some point. I also want Draz or JAM up.

sit Aucoin, please for the sake of all that is holy.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Well, anyway. He's done more good things than bad. You mentioned only the bad one. Brass was 75% in the circle and took THAT shot on goal. He played well tonight.

Considering Dorsette. He takes stupid penalty in Phoenix - we get scored on. He takes stupid penalty tonight... again. He can't shoot the pack to the net from 10 feet. He can do nothing on offence. Even Brassard had 4 hits tonight, Dorsette just 2. What is he good for I don't know. They were saying he is an "agitator". Who did he agitate last time?

Look at Boll. Makes hit - fights Weber - we score. Makes hit - fights Mayers - kicks his azz and gets PP - we score. And he doesn't pretend to be anybody else, just doing his job good.

Joey, Moore. I was really impressed by Johansen. When he was taking that face-off with a few tens seconds remaining in offensive zone I didn't really care if the Jackets gonna score or not, I just wanted Joey to win THAT draw. And he won it cleanly. This kid is gonna be good.
That's some future right there. And if we only had Cam instead of Dorsette...

Just what I wanted to say as well. And they're fun to watch.

Great post.

Took the kids to this one and they were happy, very hard fought game by the boys tonight. Cam is definately missed, and I agree DD needs to play his game and stop trying to agitate because he's in the red on pims given/taken in my mind. Moore and Joey are really impressing me. Brassard is not so much. He's fighting for 60 full minutes, I'll give him that. Rj looked better, and Mason hung in there, not great, but not bad imo.

Nordique

Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Been calling for that since the Nashville game myself sir, but I don't even care if it's Moore I just don't think Savard is going to get any better sitting in the press box for the rest of the season.

When Aucoin handed Kane that puck, my 10 year old turns to me and with air quotes say, "Veteran Leadership". A 10 year old can see it.

whalerjacket

It never happened.
Jun 19, 2007
Troy, Ohio
After the goal was waved off, the people sitting next to me were saying that if it was truly goaltender interference, a penalty should have been called. So if the interference did not merit a penalty being called, the goal should have counted. Any truth to that logic?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
After the goal was waved off, the people sitting next to me were saying that if it was truly goaltender interference, a penalty should have been called. So if the interference did not merit a penalty being called, the goal should have counted. Any truth to that logic?

You can have "coincidental" contact that's not a penalty. Neither applied in this case. Just another shaft job from the NHL

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Johansen was a beast tonight. They couldn't take the puck from him nor win a faceoff from him. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight for both sides.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
That was one of the worst calls I can remember in 40 years of watching this game.

As for the play, my only complaint really was Brassard & Dorsett both taking penalties when the team is on the PP for a double minor.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I hope Davidson is on the phone with Toronto about that ref. Even if the call had been correct and there was minor contact (which there was not), it was a chickens*** call because it clearly did not impact that play. It seemed to be just one of those moves where a ref decided to show how superior his vision was at the expense of the Jackets whom nobody cares about anyway. If the situation had been reversed, that call would have never been made against the Hawks. I know Maclean used to rant and rave to Bettman about this kind of stuff. I hope Davidson, with his higher level or prestige within NHL circles can make a point with Bettman that this kind of stuff against Columbus has to stop.

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Would have liked to see more of a protest from the head coach. He just seemed to say 'oh ok then'. Show some emotion for god-sake. Maybe he hadn't seen the overhead replay yet but it happened on his side of the ice..

Can we expect to hear anything more about it from the NHL? Will they just privately have a discussion with the ref who made the call? Any chance they'll publicly say the call was wrong?

And why is that not reviewable?

Beyond frustrating.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Still hoarse from booing the bad call. My seats are in the shoot twice end, so "live" the goal was at the other end. When it was first waved off, I was confused. Then, the replay was shown in high-def on the GIANT new scoreboard and I thought the place was gonna explode. What BS. Even the Hawks fans near us watched the replay in disbelief. Some folks thre the "free hats" onto the ice, but the rest of the game the refs were strongly booed.

Seriously, that's the worst call I've ever seen.

New scoreboard makes replays crystal clear.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
The biggest positive to me is that Johansen is clearly our best player offensively and has shown great progress developmentally.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The biggest positive to me is that Johansen is clearly our best player offensively and has shown great progress developmentally.

That's true as far as last night. Here's hoping he can sustain the play we saw against the Hawks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad