Game 5: Columbus vs. Chicago | 1/26 7PM EST

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
my man card may be taken away but i'll take Mike Todd over the chalkboard scratching voice of Kallie McClure...that was brutal last night...

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
my man card may be taken away but i'll take Mike Todd over the chalkboard scratching voice of Kallie McClure...that was brutal last night...

Good point, I think the tenor of most women's voices don't work well in an arena setting. The quality of reproduction is just too fuzzy. Maybe one of our techno geeks can coment on whether or not I'm all wet on that, though.

MattTheMask

Cbus for life!
Mar 11, 2009
Columbus
www.jacketsfans.com
We need a thread on the top 10 controversial calls that have screwed the Jackets complete with videos. I have a feeling that our top 10 would rival any other team's top 10 and we are the youngest team (with the Wild).

Off the top of my head, in no particular order.

1) Last night's goalie interference.
2) LA clock-gate
3) Wes Walz' pants
4) Manny Malholtra's "kicked in goal" in Dallas where he was flying through the air
5) Dorsett's goal disallowed (and he got a penalty for GI) when it looked like the goalie broke his leg
6) The 'too many men' penalty that sunk the CBJ in their last playoff game (debatable call but on here due to the importance of the situation)
7) I also remember Nash getting a goal in OT against the Wild waived off due to a high stick that seemed good, but my memory is foggy on this one

Any others? For sure the CBJ top 5 would be pretty impressive.

This is a great idea. We should turn this into its own thread

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
This is a great idea. We should turn this into its own thread

Whichever road trip the Calgary flames to the ceiling no goal that quickly turned into a goal was either the same trip as the pants goal or something else happened in Edmonton or Vancouver. That trip had more than one unbelievable event.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Whichever road trip the Calgary flames to the ceiling no goal that quickly turned into a goal was either the same trip as the pants goal or something else happened in Edmonton or Vancouver. That trip had more than one unbelievable event.
You're correct on that road trip CBJ lost 1-0 to Vancouver. CBJ had a no goal call. pic in next days Vancouver paper showed puck clearly over line past Luongo

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I think the power play looks better. Against Detroit we were struggling just to pass the puck around the perimeter looking for a shot. Last night it seemed like we had a plan (many times a 2 man game a man on top/center trying to get Wiz (usually) on his left hand side the puck with a line to the goal. Very simple but to me it seemed more effective.

The Power Play is solid imo. We have to get offense from the man advantage, with the personnel we have, it makes the most sense.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

lol. x3. Make.It.Stop.

She's a lovely girl, and outgoing + fun, but deer lord - that voice!

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
lol. x3. Make.It.Stop.

She's a lovely girl, and outgoing + fun, but deer lord - that voice!

tumblr_lscil1AtYS1qzg708.png

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Heh. If you guys had ever frequented rec.sport.football.college back in the day, you'd know the reference already. :)

No chance, sorry. Never got into the newsgroups much (like 10 minutes), and if I did I'd probably look at something like rec.paint.dry before college football... :p

Not sure why, I ran a BBS for quite a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad