Post-Game Talk: Game 5: Capitals VS Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Please get rid of Gudas and Kovalchuk. Dissappointed by Wilson in this series as well. He was so soft compare to a regular Willie we know.
Wilson is just not a very good possession guy. Gets pucks taken from him regularly. I didn’t think lack of physicality was his biggest issue.

Kovukchuk was truly abysmal. What’s concerning is that he was much better with Montreal.

I think there is a lot of damning evidence against Reirden, both in terms of guys regressing and guys improving on other teams.

Reactions: Firsov99

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Oh well - typically these nights were devastating in the past. The cup win totally changed that for me.

Have a good rest of the summer. Hopefully they can make some key changes to atleast give Ovechkin one or two more chances before the window is completely closed
They have to. They absolutely can go deep with this core. They have to try to replace the coach, but please someone with vision. Someone knows what his system is and what personnel he needs. Or who knows what our strength and how to maximize on that. TR cost us at least a cup imho.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
They have to. They absolutely can go deep with this core. They have to try to replace the coach, but please someone with vision. Someone knows what his system is and what personnel he needs. Or who knows what our strength and how to maximize on that. TR cost us at least a cup imho.

Lavi has a cup, but Gallant has the hungry desire to win a cup and imho would fit best. I believe he'll let the veterans play and keep them interested. I also think he'll be beneficial to the younger players coming up and further progressing Wilson.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Carlin is a good guy. I used to haze him for being sober during games. He would say he is so thirsty.

See you in September folks!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
BMac has his work cut out for him if we want to return to contending for a cup. I hope this performance was strictly due to poor coaching because if not then our window may be closed.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Lavi has a cup, but Gallant has the hungry desire to win a cup and imho would fit best. I believe he'll let the veterans play and keep them interested. I also think he'll be beneficial to the younger players coming up and further progressing Wilson.
I also like Gallant. His team go deep in the playoffs. Though Lavi's usually too. Any of them better than Todd or any unexperienced coach.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
We got outscores 17-8 by the Islanders. This after struggling against Carolina, with the same core that won a cup. Swapping around bottom 6 does not do that, it’s TR.

Reactions: troyerlaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad