Post-Game Talk: Game 5: Capitals VS Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Trade Backstrom now. Blah Blah Blah his hockey IQ. The guy is our version of Phil Kessel -- his physical conditioning
is an absolute disgrace. Probably eats whatever he wants during the off-season, doesn't give a thought to proper diet and
nutrition. And don't tell me its his age either -- contrast him with OV who's 2 years older and who's conditioning is superb.
Tired of Nick getting by on his past reputation. Trade him and get the youth movement started.

Like it or not, he retires here. I do think you're onto something with regards to his preparation, but he gets by ok.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I expect the first year on a new phat contract for a high end player, to see PHAT CAT disease in plain view. Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Contrast that with pending UFAs suddenly busting their ass and pretending like they care.

This is all something that was never seen back in the 1900s. It's gotten to be so bad the league started giving GMs get of our jail free cards.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I expect the first year on a new phat contract for a high end player, to see PHAT CAT disease in plain view. Pillsbury Dough Boy.

Contrast that with pending UFAs suddenly busting their ass and pretending like they care.

This is all something that was never seen back in the 1900s. It's gotten to be so bad the league started giving GMs get of our jail free cards.

It has...

Reactions: RandyHolt

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Very meh feeling today, the environment overall made me not as excited/pissed as I usually am. I want to see CMM next year, hard to get excited over the same lines with these results the last 2 years. We got smoked by a inferior opponent after being the best team in hockey for half the season. I mean what the hell.

KnightCap78

Aug 10, 2020
Was hoping to see the Caps make another long run in the playoffs, Trotz is just such a good coach and I think that was the difference. Now I am all in on the Knights (grew up in Annapolis area, have been living in Vegas for 3 years, plan on retiring here).

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Back to misery. It's sad to read all these main board posts about our underachieving playoffs record. We are only team with the negative playoffs win vs loses record out of all last cup winners.... that means statistically we should start winning more, right?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah but you really don't expect a 1D or a 1C/2C to come on the cheap either. They were still more team friendly than they could have been, especially Carlson

well yes, every pending UFA can choose to go to market and uproot their family if they want to go for max $. Some have no choice.

In NO WAY would I call Carlson’s or Kuzy’s deals any variant of “team friendly”. Backstrom’s is damn near the antithesis of that term lol....but he’s really getting back pay and we all just have to smile and deal with it.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
We all knew Backstrom’s contract would look bad eventually; now I’m afraid it might look bad in year 1

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
Trade Backstrom now. Blah Blah Blah his hockey IQ. The guy is our version of Phil Kessel -- his physical conditioning
is an absolute disgrace. Probably eats whatever he wants during the off-season, doesn't give a thought to proper diet and
nutrition. And don't tell me its his age either -- contrast him with OV who's 2 years older and who's conditioning is superb.
Tired of Nick getting by on his past reputation. Trade him and get the youth movement started.
LOL...who’s taking on his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad