GDT: Game 5: Boston vs. Montreal 10 May 2014 |7 PM| CBC, NBCSN, RDS, 98.5 | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
How many goats do i have to sacrifice to ensure they finish the job in Montreal?

Cause that'd be swell.

One more than they'll be sacrificing in the pre-game ceremony. They've tried everything now, only animal/human sacrifices left.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Sigh said:
TSN whining about Thornton. "Potentially dangerous", "pure idiocy".

Is it dangerous when players snow shower goalies? Same ****ing thing.

I can see it being a bench minor.. interfering with the play and all.. but to call it dangerous is laughably asinine.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Is it dangerous when players snow shower goalies? Same ****ing thing.

I can see it being a bench minor.. interfering with the play and all.. but to call it dangerous is laughably asinine.

Especially when basically anything that happens in a game is "potentially dangerous." Getting a guy in the throat with your stick has the potential to be pretty dangerous.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Typical Steve Simmons ( TSN and Toronto Sun ) garbage:

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Somebody spit at PK Subban from the Bruins bench. That is disgraceful.

And then he backtracks.....sort of:

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Water bottle - spit - doesn't matter. Disgraceful disrespectful act from Bruins bench. Especially considering the history.

Is he referring to the racist twitter comments? :shakehead

What a ****ing moron.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
I have been visiting the main boards for a few weeks just to torture myself, I see Hab fans seem more than comfortable with PK`s post 2nd goal reaction, I posted this vid of a now famous comeback against the Leafs comparing the reaction from a team who act like they`ve been there....waiting for the backlash

Horty`s goal at the 2:50 mark of this one....this is a professional reaction, still work to be done, nobody acting like they`ve taken the Cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmQjtjhR_Y

Same with Lucic's goal right after that. Bruins didn't really "react" until Bergy tied it up. I love that.

FireSweeney

Oct 23, 2010
Auburn, Maine
I don't get the uproar over Thornton in the canadian media. Just youtube Marty Turco opening up the bench door on Roman Polak, play was still going on at the time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't get the uproar over Thornton in the canadian media. Just youtube Marty Turco opening up the bench door on Roman Polak, play was still going on at the time.

Plus everyone found that funny. (Even actual analysts like Pang.)

I fail to see the big deal honestly. You can't tell me this is somehow worse than when Clowe actually played the puck from the bench.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

That's what Montreal and Vancouver do, try to start some controversy with their holier than thou attitude instead of admitting their team sucks and lost.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Or Svedberg (not as funny, and much more dangerous):

And the announcer sounds like he just woke up.

canoebears

Jul 11, 2007
salmon arm b,c,

The canadian media is so in love with the habs and PK. I watched the reporters this morning and I swear Steve Simmons almost teared up talking about it

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Steve Simmons is a complete idiot and hack.

I don't mind the NHL fining Thornton because you cannot have players squirting other players during play, plain and simple. What's stupid is acting like it's dangerous. Running the goalie with a cross check high is dangerous. Falling right before a check is dangerous. Nobody needs to be getting self-righteous over a couple squirts of water. Subban playing like a puke with his embellishing and antics brings more disgrace to the game than some water to the visor. What Thornton did was hilarious and the fine is worth it. This series has been fairly tame so a little trolling just adds some fun to things.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Steve Simmons is a complete idiot and hack.

I don't mind the NHL fining Thornton because you cannot have players squirting other players during play, plain and simple. What's stupid is acting like it's dangerous. Running the goalie with a cross check high is dangerous. Falling right before a check is dangerous. Nobody needs to be getting self-righteous over a couple squirts of water. Subban playing like a puke with his embellishing and antics brings more disgrace to the game than some water to the visor. What Thornton did was hilarious and the fine is worth it. This series has been fairly tame so a little trolling just adds some fun to things.

Amen. Its the same "they're ruining our sport" ******** we heard before. No, the BRuins are not ruining hockey with a squirt of water. There does not need to be an investigation into how we can prevent atrocities like this from occurriggn ever again.

Bad Hat Harry

Michael Scarn
Sep 27, 2010
Boston, MA
So Thorty gets fined by the league for unsportsmanlike conduct. $2820.52

How the hell did they get that amount of money?

Shanny: We have to set a precedent here! Thornton can't get away with this!

Bettman: Okay, how about we fine him $2,820

Shanny: What are we, the WWE? Jesus Christ we need to do more than that!

Bettman: $2,821?

Shanny: Woah woah, hold up there Cowboy, we're not out to bankrupt the players. This isn't the Gestapo G-man it's hockey. Let's scale that down a bit.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
How the hell did they get that amount of money?

Shanny: We have to set a precedent here! Thornton can't get away with this!

Bettman: Okay, how about we fine him $2,820

Shanny: What are we, the WWE? Jesus Christ we need to do more than that!

Bettman: $2,821?

Shanny: Woah woah, hold up there Cowboy, we're not out to bankrupt the players. This isn't the Gestapo G-man it's hockey. Let's scale that down a bit.

It's in the CBA. It's a % of the player's salary for a day.

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I just had this idea. Start a kickstarter for Thorty's fine. Not really for him though. Anything collected to his foundation, or any charity of his choice. Show Shawn some support, and do some good at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad