GDT: Game 5: Boston vs. Montreal 10 May 2014 |7 PM| CBC, NBCSN, RDS, 98.5 | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I little water in the face is a bigger story than someone intentionally knocking the net off.

What a joke

15 pages on the main board worth....too funny...yet no chat about the biggest issue in Montreal being Patches and Vanek`s MIA performances

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Quintal "Hi Shawn, Stephane here"

ST 'Hey SQ, how ya doin'?

SQ 'good good, listen, I have to do something about this water thing you know, me, Danny Briere, Patrice Bergeron, Marc Andre Fleury and others have planned a massive Salmon fishing trip to NFLD in August'

ST ' sounds great, what does the fishing trip have to do with anything'?

SQ ' just received a text from Bergevin that there are rumblings coming out of Montreal that they have just retained notorious lawyer Jean Luc Poutine to take on this case of bodily harm against you and the timeline to have the case heard puts us smack dab in the middle of our trip'

ST 'geez SQ, wouldn`t want Bergy`s trip to be disrupted, what do you need me to do'?

SQ 'I don`t care, just say I`m sorry Thorty, I`ve spent over a $1000 dollars of gear for this trip, the wife and kids are driving me nuts, and I`m positive I`m driving them nuts, gotta get to NFLD'

ST 'done, what`s my fine'?

SQ ' 2,500 and an unmarked bag of lures addressed to me'

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
A few more games with Loui at LW again, and Claude and Chia may have to accept that their quest to put him at RW earlier was a fool's errand. He's looking so much more comfortable back on the left again. Everything seems more natural to him there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A few more games with Loui at LW again, and Claude and Chia may have to accept that their quest to put him at RW earlier was a fool's errand. He's looking so much more comfortable back on the left again. Everything seems more natural to him there.

wasn`t their quest, he`d played there with the Stars for a long time I seem to recall Stars fans saying after the trade

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
officiating was bad on both side, thought the pic call on plecenick was 100% legit and this needs to be called more. Lotta holding of sticks of montreal, least what I saw.

The one that bugged me was one in the neutral zone when a Hab was moving into the Bruins zone and was one stride ahead of Chara. Another Hab came through and grabbed Chara's stick to slow him down.
Luckily Looch (think it was Looch at least) came through on the back check to stop the breakaway.

But that kind of stick holding is worse than a darn squirt of water from the bench for what was eventually an offside play.

But that stick hold easily could have led to a goal.

Habs are sneaky little things. They interference and grab sticks all game and even manage to hold sticks and draw calls.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Easy to hate him when you watch him play, tho.

Quintal "Hi Shawn, Stephane here"

ST 'Hey SQ, how ya doin'?

SQ 'good good, listen, I have to do something about this water thing you know, me, Danny Briere, Patrice Bergeron, Marc Andre Fleury and others have planned a massive Salmon fishing trip to NFLD in August'

ST ' sounds great, what does the fishing trip have to do with anything'?

SQ ' just received a text from Bergevin that there are rumblings coming out of Montreal that they have just retained notorious lawyer Jean Luc Poutine to take on this case of bodily harm against you and the timeline to have the case heard puts us smack dab in the middle of our trip'

ST 'geez SQ, wouldn`t want Bergy`s trip to be disrupted, what do you need me to do'?

SQ 'I don`t care, just say I`m sorry Thorty, I`ve spent over a $1000 dollars of gear for this trip, the wife and kids are driving me nuts, and I`m positive I`m driving them nuts, gotta get to NFLD'

ST 'done, what`s my fine'?

SQ ' 2,500 and an unmarked bag of lures addressed to me'

There seems to be a 13 year old girl line missing here

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
hahaha Habs fans are SO mad about Thornton and "Watergate"

Man Thornton really did it. Got everyone mad and potentially in some heads. Full marks!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Watch them suspend Thornton longer than they did Matt Cooke for this.

well, it wouldn't surprise me.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I keep seeing Subban as a little kid whose mother keeps warning him not to go near a chained dog. He gets closer and closer, teasing, and finally the dog leaps up with a snarl and the boy runs crying to his mother.

And there is no way Thornton gets suspended for that. Perhaps a fine, which he'll probably see as money well spent. Meanwhile Habs fans have something to whine about for a couple of days. What else is new.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
It's funny that anyone would criticize Subban for jumping up and down asking for the puck on the powerplay.

Did you see what he did after he got the puck ? Rask basically pulled a "no mas" on that shot.

I will. it makes him come off as me, me, me type player (which he is). I have never seen that before...I am accustomed to guys tapping the ice and not hoping around like a 4 year old on a tantrum.

From me....he get no respeck.

Uli Kunkel

Feb 8, 2014
Really bugging me that the topic of convo after the Bruins most impressive win over their hated rival this postseason is a water bottle incident.

We spanked them, took back this series - that's what I'm focussing on.

We (B fans) are focusing on the turning of the tide. I'm perfectly fine with Habs fans focusing on being the victim. It's their nature.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida
I keep seeing Subban as a little kid whose mother keeps warning him not to go near a chained dog. He gets closer and closer, teasing, and finally the dog leaps up with a snarl and the boy runs crying to his mother.

And there is no way Thornton gets suspended for that. Perhaps a fine, which he'll probably see as money well spent. Meanwhile Habs fans have something to whine about for a couple of days. What else is new.

Good analogy, Subban could have made him or the Habs look worse over that, and hea got all the fans following suit over on the main board.:handclap:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
What was Subban's favorite division in youth hockey?

Squirts!!!

Great joke except they call Squirts Atoms in Canada. But if he played in the US that would be gold.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
15 pages on the main board worth....too funny...yet no chat about the biggest issue in Montreal being Patches and Vanek`s MIA performances

I'm quite sure Vanek got hurt during that hit by PK. I really think the story of this series has been the stifling defense played by both teams.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Habs fans are the literal definition of:

A) Delusional
B) Insufferable
C) Whiny
D) All of the Above.

(guys, I'll give you a hint, it's not A, B, or C)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Montreal media embellishes more than the actual Habs themselves do. They will blow it a million times out of proportion. Just like they blew the twitter thing a million times out of proportion, and said that there were 17,000 Bruins fans calling Subban the n word when in actuality it was about 5 people doing it and the other 16,995 tweets about it were either calling attention to the idiots who were doing it, or talking about it and criticizing those who did it.

There were a ton of tweets out of Montreal after Game 4 about how people wished Boston would get bombed again, but because people here aren't irrational lunatics with no sense of perspective, nobody even said a word about it because they know it was only an isolated few anonymous losers.

Thought this was important to quote, so the Habs fans that believe their medias rubbish an at least see how dumb they are if they are lurking.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a satisfying win! Hopefully they play like this tomorrow.

I love Thorty's devilish laugh. There is something about Dirty Water and the playoffs for the Bruins.

Subban is such a showboater, it is all about him. Ridiculous to celebrate at that point in the game like he got the GWG. Totally unnecessary as was his acting performances all game long. I am glad to see it did NOTHING to change the outcome of the game. The man needs to grow up.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I think it's a great sign that it's been a very clean series if going into game 6 the greatest offences have been Thornton squirting Subban with water and Subban's over-celebration of a goal in a losing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad