GDT: Game 5: Boston vs. Montreal 10 May 2014 |7 PM| CBC, NBCSN, RDS, 98.5 | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
ePA2Q6c.gif

I laughed when I saw it on twitter and I laughed here again just as hard.

Ridiculous. :laugh:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
As much as everyone is hating on the 1st line

Lucic and iggy lead the team with 4 goals each
I'm hating them because they are spending a TON of time in their own end of the ice and the effort is not consistent.

I thought Krejci looked great in the tail end of the Detroit series but his brain was not keeping up with his feet and hands. He's been a ****ing disaster area in the Montreal series though.

I'm not worried, honestly. IFFFFF we get past Montreal I think he will be our best player in the ECF. The match ups (Detroit and Montreal) don't favour him, Pittsburgh or the Rangers do.

Iggy looked plodding and out of gas early in this series. Last night he was flying.

Lucic looked like mean and angry Lucic last night. He needs to be reminded everyday that even if he does absolutely nothing as far as points are concerned he can change games and series' just by moving his feet and doing what he did last night. Every shift has to be an investment for him, and that investment pays off as the series goes on. It's a difficult way to play but we need him to push as much and as often as he can.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
He had the gall to go out to dinner with family and friends after the game! Oh, the humanity!!

And on his birthday, no less! How dare he! :sarcasm:

I can't believe people are actually equating what Thorty did with spitting on someone, and therefore he should get suspended. There was actually someone who said spit was 95% water so it's basically the same thing. If you don't get suspended for snow-showering the goalie, you don't get suspended for spraying someone.

And I mean obviously, had Thornton not sprayed Subban, he would have scored two goals. How dare Thornton

Do have to say though, I laughed out loud when in the post-game interview, Subban said it might have been Pierre :laugh:. He is a good-natured guy, I must say.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I know it's against the HFBruinsBoard law to create another Eriksson thread because of all the hatred it engenders (admittedly from people like me) but that said...when a guy steps up and plays well, you gotta give him his due: He was awesome last night.

member 96824

I know it's against the HFBruinsBoard law to create another Eriksson thread because of all the hatred it engenders (admittedly from people like me) but that said...when a guy steps up and plays well, you gotta give him his due: He was awesome last night.

He played very well, was great to see.

Fraser played well too, a great addition to that line so far.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Agreed. That was the guy I was hoping would show up in the playoffs.

Great to see him put together an excellent game. Hope he can build off of it and find that consistency cause having Eriksson really play to his potential would be huge for this team in the playoffs.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

He played very well, was great to see.

Fraser played well too, a great addition to that line so far.

That whole line has been the best line on the ice for the last two games. Hopefully we can get that from them consistently.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
That whole line has been the best line on the ice for the last two games. Hopefully we can get that from them consistently.

Therrien certainly has to pay more attention to them which means he burns up his top 4 pairings or gives our top line a look against the third pair at times.

Yeti line is confident and they are the one line that is consistently going to the net (well Merlot is close).

Therrien will have an easier time with last change but he still can't let the Yeti line continue to eat his third pair alive.

Jdrewc

May 26, 2013
Florida

Ironically, I wondered why we acquired him due to lack of production mainly, but mostly because it looked like he was having a hard time finding his place on the line or team. Well......let me say I understand now. He looked every bit the guy we need to catapult us to the SC. The whole line has been looking better each game and Eriksson looked amazing on the PK and on left wing. I think CJ knows what he needs to do to make them produce like they did last night. No team in hockey will compete with such a deep 4 lines.:)

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
In all seriousness, has anyone seen any footage of the water even coming close to Subban? Because I haven't.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Camfan, every time you do something that makes me laugh my ass off, I think he'll never top that i.e., Horton's igloo.

Then you do.

Thanks for the laughs, man.

THAT is HYSTERICAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad