Post-Game Talk: Game #49 - Sabres @ The Powerhouse - 6PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Laf on the Mika line. He looks like a legit stud right now. Also, maybe I'm wrong but that one timer by Kakko is the type of thing that gives me hope. Shows that he's confident and has the skill.
It should. Kakko has a ton of puck-handling skill but his bad shot is what worried me. Maybe he worked on it or maybe it was a fluke, but all I want is for him to keep shooting it. And then we’ll see what happens.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Laf on the Mika line. He looks like a legit stud right now. Also, maybe I'm wrong but that one timer by Kakko is the type of thing that gives me hope. Shows that he's confident and has the skill.
Funny how most of us were saying it for a while now and at same time the Chytil line looks ok by having a little more of a vet presence in Kreider there.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I truly believe in the feels that Buch would

Not so sure on Zibs.

If Buch goes shorter term (2 or 3 years), I can see him signing at a discount. He'd be 28 when he hit UFA, and would have another few years to put up stats.
Zib's a tough one because he'll be 28 when his new contract starts. This is basically his one shot at big money, AND he's been out-performing his current contract for years now. I wouldn't hold it against him in the least if he decided to chase the money. It would suck to lose him, but he's earned it and then some.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I love Vally. He brings so much to the broadcast.

If we're including PxP and Color, it's him and JD all time for me. When I watch the Knicks post-game I'm bored. But that's not just the Knicks that's every broadcast. Vally is the best I've ever seen on a broadcast. Fantastic personality too. Not a clown, but a dry sense of humor, willing to criticize the team, willing to criticize the opponent. He's just an absolute stud.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
We must be the best empty net team in the league. I think we didn't score an empty net goal when given the opportunity twice all season.
My Pens have the most of them, I think. Anyway, came here to thank you for some big money. Had Rangers in -2.5 handicap because I calculated with that EN possibility. Big money earned. My Pens helped you with regulation win over the Bruins and you returned me some favor. Good luck the rest of the way, just keep on winning. I would be so happy if you pull out a miracle and overtake the Bruins. Hopefully another regulation win by the Pens over the Bruins on Tuesday, let's hope. And good luck. If not, you will be the force next year, unfortunately.. :)

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Not a big The Who fan. They’re just one of those bands that I know are objectively great but aren’t really my taste.

Surrender was on often in the house growing up and the chorus was always shouted out loud.

At the end of Surrender they switch the chorus and put in the names of the band members in the backing vocals.

Robin’s all right
Tommy’s all right
Bunny’s all right
Rick’s all right

No reason you can’t do that too

Kakko’s all right
VK’s all right
Chytil’s all right
Laf’s all right

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Funny how most of us were saying it for a while now and at same time the Chytil line looks ok by having a little more of a vet presence in Kreider there.

Imagine if he wasn't playing a bottom 6 player in the top 6 and a top 6 player on the 4th line.

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
My Pens have the most of them, I think. Anyway, came here to thank you for some big money. Had Rangers in -2.5 handicap because I calculated with that EN possibility. Big money earned. My Pens helped you with regulation win over the Bruins and you returned me some favor. Good luck the rest of the way, just keep on winning. I would be so happy if you pull out a miracle and overtake the Bruins. Hopefully another regulation win by the Pens over the Bruins on Tuesday, let's hope. And good luck. If not, you will be the force next year, unfortunately.. :)

Thanks, much appreciated! Also, the Pens probably have more because they've led more games. I wouldn't be surprised if we lead in % of opportunities and we had one game with two empty net goals.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
3226E69D-849B-4F35-9EB1-A721078FFD1A.jpeg

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If Buch goes shorter term (2 or 3 years), I can see him signing at a discount. He'd be 28 when he hit UFA, and would have another few years to put up stats.
Zib's a tough one because he'll be 28 when his new contract starts. This is basically his one shot at big money, AND he's been out-performing his current contract for years now. I wouldn't hold it against him in the least if he decided to chase the money. It would suck to lose him, but he's earned it and then some.
The problem with buch going short term is that hes looking at 3rd line minutes potentially, and as good as he’s been this season, I don’t see him putting up ppg numbers with that kind of time.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Strome's been ice cold the last few games. Since mid-February, he hadn't gone more than 2 games in a row without a point. His current pointless streak now stands at 4 games.

He's been overachieving for sure. Guy has some skill, but not enough to sustain the pace he was going at. Probably not surprising to anyone

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Thanks, much appreciated! Also, the Pens probably have more because they've led more games. I wouldn't be surprised if we lead in % of opportunities and we had one game with two empty net goals.
We had one with two ENs as well. Must be very close percentage-wise. It's almost a business for me, these emptynetters. Stupid bookies are giving 1.85 odds on Rangers scoring one more goal when leading 5-3 in 56th minute. In fact, they will score one more in 80% of those cases, if not more. They can even allow one and still score EN after. This one was a bit more nervy, because it had to come shorthanded, but it still worked. I am seriously earning money on these emptynetters and Rangers are great for me, haha !!

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
The problem with buch going short term is that hes looking at 3rd line minutes potentially, and as good as he’s been this season, I don’t see him putting up ppg numbers with that kind of time.

Depends on what happens with the centers. Right now, we have three lines full of top 6 forwards (Laf/Kakko, Panarin/Kravtsov, and Kreider/Buch). If the team can keep/find three centers who can keep up with each pair of wingers, I can see the team rolling lines and just wearing down the opposition.

My guess is that Buch is either traded or signs a 3 year deal for ~5 million per year this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia