Post-Game Talk: Game #49 - Sabres @ The Powerhouse - 6PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Strome's been ice cold the last few games. Since mid-February, he hadn't gone more than 2 games in a row without a point. His current pointless streak now stands at 4 games.
he's been coasting a little too much.

I've been going back and forth on keeping him but I think it'd be best to move him. Stylistically, not the center we need.

All lines looked flat until Laf was infused with ZB and Kreider moved to Chytil-Kakko.

How long will it take until Kravtsovs a main stay with Panarin?

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Strome's been ice cold the last few games. Since mid-February, he hadn't gone more than 2 games in a row without a point. His current pointless streak now stands at 4 games.
Panarin line hasn't been great last few games, would like to see Krav get the bump to see if that works better then blackwell

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We had one with two ENs as well. Must be very close percentage-wise. It's almost a business for me, these emptynetters. Stupid bookies are giving 1.85 odds on Rangers scoring one more goal when leading 5-3 in 56th minute. In fact, they will score one more in 80% of those cases, if not more. They can even allow one and still score EN after. This one was a bit more nervy, because it had to come shorthanded, but it still worked. I am seriously earning money on these emptynetters and Rangers are great for me, haha !!

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the Rangers have won one 1 goal game that wasn't in OT and I can remember one OT game where they allowed a tying goal with the opponent's net empty. Now that I think about it, I guess it's possible they won a 2 goal game here and there where they didn't put one into the empty net. But those two games (both against Buffalo surprisingly) are only ones I remember where we didn't score an empty net goal.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
178498960_10208638776645056_8719027226437399240_n.jpg

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Depends on what happens with the centers. Right now, we have three lines full of top 6 forwards (Laf/Kakko, Panarin/Kravtsov, and Kreider/Buch). If the team can keep/find three centers who can keep up with each pair of wingers, I can see the team rolling lines and just wearing down the opposition.

My guess is that Buch is either traded or signs a 3 year deal for ~5 million per year this summer.
That’s a massive underpay for a top 6 forward including ufa years. I’d take it but that’s a tough ask.
The other question is does Quinn actually wise up and roll 3 lines like that. Quinn clearly as shown he is a top 2 lines heavy and then 3rd and fourth get staggered minutes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I refuse to believe Gorton is such an idiot he'd piss away key ELC years by bringing countless guys over a season early, give Kreider 7 M AAV and Strome 4+ but not retain enough for Buch

I've thought it all season but I refuse to believe he's that stupid until it happens.

I HAVE to believe he has a plan to bring back Buch and Zib. We can jettison Strome.

Strome has no impact as his contract runs out next year (and there’s plenty of cap room in 21-22 season). Signing Kreider was a mistake exacerbated by drafting Lafreniere and flat cap.

Reactions: mas0764

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
That’s a massive underpay for a top 6 forward including ufa years. I’d take it but that’s a tough ask.
The other question is does Quinn actually wise up and roll 3 lines like that. Quinn clearly as shown he is a top 2 lines heavy and then 3rd and fourth get staggered minutes.

Maybe, but I think teams are going to be cautious about throwing out too many offers north of 5 million with any length on them. Those three years also take Buch to the end of the "flat cap era" and place him in a good position to cash in for potentially far larger long-term numbers.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
he's been coasting a little too much.

I've been going back and forth on keeping him but I think it'd be best to move him. Stylistically, not the center we need.

All lines looked flat until Laf was infused with ZB and Kreider moved to Chytil-Kakko.

How long will it take until Kravtsovs a main stay with Panarin?

Panarin has been scoring since the Devils series but mostly only combining for those points with players other than Strome and Blackwell. They need new blood on that line and it's waiting right there on the 4th line. I'd hope next game we'd get a chance to see it but Quinn.

Reactions: mas0764

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Panarin has been scoring since the Devils series but mostly only combining for those points with players other than Strome and Blackwell. They need new blood on that line and it's waiting right there on the 4th line. I'd hope next game we'd get a chance to see it but Quinn.

New blood on the 4th line? You mean Brett Howden, right?

Reactions: BobSantos

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Ziba already took his discount. He'll want to get paid.
Zib didn’t really take a discount. He’s underpaid because he didn’t break out until after he signed that contract. He was a 50 pt center, and got paid like a 50 point center.
He’s now a ppg center, and if he wants he should get paid like it, or he can take a deal and stay on the rangers.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
It absolutely kills me that we would be in a playoff spot, if we were in any other division. Or if there were wild cards this year. It's just not right we got screwed by this pandemic.

Would really have liked to see what the Rangers could do in the playoffs. That sweep by the Canes is gonna haunt us for another year.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Laf on the Mika line. He looks like a legit stud right now. Also, maybe I'm wrong but that one timer by Kakko is the type of thing that gives me hope. Shows that he's confident and has the skill.

Kakko seems to have the skill, he seems like someone who just doesn’t know what to do yet.

Like, he needs someone to show him and put him in position to succeed.

Like someone who could be teaching him. Offensively. How to excel.

If we only had someone to do that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Kakko seems to have the skill, he seems like someone who just doesn’t know what to do yet.

Like, he needs someone to show him and put him in position to succeed.

Like someone who could be teaching him. Offensively. How to excel.

If we only had someone to do that.

Can't wait until our coach gets another year even though he's been a big fat zero with our forward youngsters. Wasting a year of development. We're playing with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad