Post-Game Talk: Game #49 - Sabres @ The Powerhouse - 6PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Please don't tinker with this team in the offseason.

Maybe a vet DMan.

The kids are gelling.
If there’s an upgrade we can “overpay” for, I think it’s worth doing a trade. But otherwise, I agree, let it grow, let it grow, let it blossom, let it flow.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Does anyone else think that Laf right now looks like a legit top 6er? Not like Kakko where he looks good but doesn't produce, so more of a good third liner. Laf looks like a legit top 6er.

This has been his most consistent stretch. He had one or two games or even periods where he would flash that elite skill and then he would go back into hibernation. I hope he finishes the season on this same level and gives himself something positive to build for next year. Same goes for Kaako.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Laf on the Mika line. He looks like a legit stud right now. Also, maybe I'm wrong but that one timer by Kakko is the type of thing that gives me hope. Shows that he's confident and has the skill.
You play with two All-stars, is it any wonder Laff's confidence is growing. He was tried up there early in the year, but most rookies have to get up to speed to the more intense NHL level of play. You also see it in Kakko too. Their confidence levels are way up. You could throw Chytil in that category also. In fact, every time Chytil touches the puck, I feel he is a greater threat to score than either of them, even though he hasn't done much of that lately.

And what about that one timer by Kakko? I have watched it in slow-mo,... and still couldn't see that shot. It looks like he whiffs on the shot, cause you never see the puck come off his stick, it is moving that fast. On the replay from a different angle in the broadcast's slow-mo,.. you could see the puck come off his stick. Their slow-mo replay must be at a higher frame rate.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You play with two All-stars, is it any wonder Laff's confidence is growing. He was tried up there early in the year, but most rookies have to get up to speed to the more intense level of NHL play. You also see it in Kakko too. Both their confidence levels are way up. You could throw Chytil in that category also. In fact, everytime Chytil touches the puck, I feel he is a greater threat to score than either of them, even though he done much of that lately.

And what about that one timer by Kakko? I have watched it in slow-mo,... and still couldn't see that shot. it looks like he whiffs on the shot, cause you never see the puck it is moving that fast. Faster than the 30 fps video. Incredible. That was the hardest shot I have ever seen.

Ever of Kakko's? That was the best shot of his career for sure. I didn't know he had it in him.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I mean how could you not?!? I'm heading to my apple TV right now...
You'll love it. It's 1 of 8 straight Sundays. Last week was Steve Austin. Next week will be Randy Savage. Also look for the other "WWE on A&E" show, Most Wanted Treasures. Both are really great trips down nostalgia.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Chytil, Kakko, and Laf all have 4 points in their last 5 games. It's headed in the right direction. Laf and Kakko both look like the light bulb has gone on. Chytil still seems to be fighting it but he's got the tools and he is showing them.

Honestly, Chytil has had a great D+4 season for a late first round pick. I still think he can be a 60-70 point center which is a 1C, although not as impressive as it once was.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Does it bother anyone else that Igor's stats have taken a hit lately even though he's played great? I didn't see the last 3 goals against the Islanders but he had no chance on the first 3 that game. I feel like he's playing great but the team is just playing so loose in front of him and can't keep it below 3.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, Chytil has had a great D+4 season for a late first round pick. I still think he can be a 60-70 point center which is a 1C, although not as impressive as it once was.
I think he will get there. He should have around 5 more goals at this point, as many have pointed out. He has his lapses but he plays a 200 foot game generally consistently and he's got to get rid of the jitters in the o-zone.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Does anyone else think that Laf right now looks like a legit top 6er? Not like Kakko where he looks good but doesn't produce, so more of a good third liner. Laf looks like a legit top 6er.
Maybe so on Laf, but don't down play Kakko's progression. He himself has been playing super hockey the second half of this season. Once he starts putting the puck in the back of the net more often, you might be saying Laffren-who? That's all that is missing from his game right now. And still he is creating many scoring chances with his work along the boards. It's only a matter of time. And he did score two tonight.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Ok - I was starting to think only I saw that, or saw something that wasn't there. lol ;) Wtf was that all about...

I just re-watched it several times it did not look friendly, maybe he did not like the tap on the helmet or second one which he did not see was Buch tapping Kakko. but seems like they have something going on behind the scenes.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I think he will get there. He should have around 5 more goals at this point, as many have pointed out. He has his lapses but he plays a 200 foot game generally consistently and he's got to get rid of the jitters in the o-zone.
It would be nice to see Chytil get a full game with panarin. I think it could do wonders for his confidence. Even if he doesn't get a point. Moreso just to let him know he's had a good season so far and he can still battle to win that 2nd line center spot for next season. Plus, strome has been struggling a bit anyways.

Reactions: smoneil

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
surströmming mogul or oil tycoon is my guess
B0KV2wLCYAARsjD

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m laying in bed and all of a sudden I hear the loudest bang of my life! We have some huge trees around our house and have had some windstorms lately, so I leap out of bed thinking a tree fell on our roof and run out the door for my life thinking the roof’s gonna cave in any moment. I step outside and turns out.. some drunk Bozo crashed right into my house LMAO
TkFEd0t.jpg

ufTAxZN.jpg

Y29Xsf3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->