Make Jarmo's decision easier if they go on a 5 or 6 game losing streak

This team isn't f***ing winning no cup

maybe a Tim Horton's coffee cup

Reactions: GoJackets1

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
We have to be the only team in the NHL that plays a dump and chase on the power-play.

Let's not even mention the fact that the Buffalo goalie played the puck extremely well all night, yet we never adjusted. And continued to dump and chase every time up the ice.

Torts says they never coach them on offense. Might be time to change up that strategy.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
We have to be the only team in the NHL that plays a dump and chase on the power-play.

Let's not even mention the fact that the Buffalo goalie played the puck extremely well all night, yet we never adjusted. And continued to dump and chase every time up the ice.

Torts says they never coach them on offense. Might be time to change up that strategy.
Yeah, I’ve maintained for awhile that “I don’t coach offense” is not a valid position for an NHL coach to have in 2019.

This team isn’t going anywhere near a cup with this roster, or Torts.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Going to be a struggle just to make the playoffs. Great top line ( for as long as Bread is here), and a decent d corps. Goaltending is a crapshoot. The second and third lines just aren't dangerous, and forget about the 4th line. Wennberg is useless.....totally invisible.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yeah, I’ve maintained for awhile that “I don’t coach offense” is not a valid position for an NHL coach to have in 2019.

This team isn’t going anywhere near a cup with this roster, or Torts.

Partial agree. I think Torts is fine, and I think the roster is pretty capable. But, he needs to break the reins on guys like Bjorkstrand and Duclair, and set up some kind of general zone entries to put guys into better positions off the rush.

Give them a little leash. We see guys like this on nearly every team in the league, you have to let them score to be successful. Don't bench them for missing one assignment, teach and use it as motivation to go score goals.

Imagine if Ovechkin were benched every time he missed and assignment. Not saying we have that kind of player, but you get my point.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Dubi line hemmed in again. Pretty useless line overall

I'm a Dubi fan but he was real late getting over to play Sheary.

Dubi marking air and Bob allowing a rebound on an easy save

I disagree. One of the D should of had Sheary.

SHIT ASS rebound, as usual.

BUT

All ya'll need to go back and tell me what f***in Wennberg was doing with all that awareness?

Both Dubinsky and Harrington were trying to cover for him and direct him while he worked on his edges and made sure nobody was in the slot.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Its almost as if Jenner is missed.

With him out, we do have somewhat of an issue at center/forward.

Wennberg is literally our 4th line center.

Guys like Sedlak, Nash and Dubinsky (and others) make more happen offensively.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Korpisalo doesn't (give the brutal rebound up) let that 5th goal in.

Completely different game

100% serious.
Didn’t get to watch the game, so I’m not sure if this is the 5th goal, but seen a lot of tweets about a big save/subsequent rebound that caused Bob to be way out of the crease.

That sounds EXACTLY like Korpi. Just my opinion. Not pro Bob or anti Korpi.

Give me Elvis!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Didn’t get to watch the game, so I’m not sure if this is the 5th goal, but seen a lot of tweets about a big save/subsequent rebound that caused Bob to be way out of the crease.

That sounds EXACTLY like Korpi. Just my opinion. Not pro Bob or anti Korpi.

Give me Elvis!

Yeah it was the 5th goal. Really poor goaltending, but in complete fairness the team was chasing the puck, then gave up and stood around.

It was a team loss. They looked like a team that hadn't skated in 9 days.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad