GDT: Game 49: CBJ v BUF (1/29/19)

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I will never forget this story, since when you told it way back.

You wonder if there IS something behind him not signing CBJ stuff.

If its not team sanctioned, I wonder if he always refuses.

It still pisses me off to this day. We had flown all the way from NC to Edmonton, only to have him do that. Did I mention that it still pisses me off??

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I booed Rick Nash a few times.... I booed Bob last night after giving up three goals in the first 10 minutes... The team worked hard to tie it up and still lost.. Tip! Never sign a Russian goalie!!! Ever...
I admit I gave Bob a Bronx cheer (with several others) last night after he made an ordinary save.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Don't have to like it, but is it really necessary to dwell on it?
Nobody can talk about it immediately after his agents tweets that noncommittal response? I don't understand why it even bothers you. Its on topic and probably the biggest story surrounding the CBJ this year.
You see it as people dwelling on it, I see you as ignoring it and wanting everyone else to ignore it.

Reactions: thebus88 and CPTN71

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Nobody can talk about it immediately after his agents tweets that noncommittal response? I don't understand why it even bothers you. Its on topic and probably the biggest story surrounding the CBJ this year.
You see it as people dwelling on it, I see you as ignoring it and wanting everyone else to ignore it.

I think Viqsi's point is that it's typically not discussion. It's just whining/bitching in a circular fashion that leads nowhere interesting.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think Viqsi's point is that it's typically not discussion. It's just whining/*****ing in a circular fashion that leads nowhere interesting.
You get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

* * *​
As opposed to all the other threads that offer Insightful Commentary and lead to enlightment?:laugh:
Touché. :)

I can live with the occasional expression of "g-ddamnit, that sucks". It's when it becomes an argument over how everything sucks and how dare everything not suck - or when someone's contribution becomes majority "everything sucks" - that I get particularly exasperated.

EDIT: Okay, I also get testy at conclusions being reached based on "g-ddamnit, that sucks" moments. That's probably what gets people the most annoyed with me. :)

Last edited:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Did anyone see Torts' presser this afternoon? It was entertaining for sure. Said the team played with no balls against Buffalo, just threw their jerseys on the ice. Also said he has one center right now (obviously referring to PLD, doesn't bode well for Wenny), and Nuti is a healthy scratch tonight.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Did anyone see Torts' presser this afternoon? It was entertaining for sure. Said the team played with no balls against Buffalo, just threw their jerseys on the ice. Also said he has one center right now (obviously referring to PLD, doesn't bode well for Wenny), and Nuti is a healthy scratch tonight.

Wow, was Nuti that bad the other night? I honestly didn't notice him doing anything too bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->