GDT: Game 49: CBJ v BUF (1/29/19)

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Except, y'know, that's exactly what they did say.

Yeah, I think they've been pretty clear from the start that Panarin was going to go to UFA status. I still support Jarmo's approach as without Panarin, CBJ might not be where they are in the standings and there was still some chance he'd change his mind if the team had success.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They've never come out and said he was going to UFA. That's a logical conclusion, but it's never been said plainly. That's a mixed bag. If that's the accurate conclusion, then they could have just said so, as Cyclones said initially, although I personally don't believe they had to (but yeah it would've been nice). Of course, by not saying so, it's possible to interpret that he is willing to consider signing in Columbus, just not until he checks out all of his options in UFA.

And because they haven't been transparent (probably on purpose, Milstein strikes be as a dick), and thus it's possible to believe they're just stringing the team, city and fans along, then yeah, some fallout is totally reasonable.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Panarin considering us as a UFA will be as likely as Mike Reilly considering us when he went to UFA in 2015. We’ll get a meeting, out of respect, and then eliminated immediately from his consideration.

For the record (and I know you’re not quoting me but) I only allow that it’s not been explicitly said, not that it’s likely.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Where's all the "proof Bobrovsky cant be the starter" posts.

Maybe it should be, "There should be more", instead of, "where's all the".....but the point stands.

This may have been the final-final 'nail in the coffin' as Bob as the "starter".

Hopefully, anyways.
Yup time to give Korpisalo the work load. See how he does. If he handles it well. In the Summer sign a cheap backup/go with one of the prospects (Elvis or the Finn). Or if he's ok, maybe sign another decent goalie and go with a 1A/1B tandem (Markstrom cough cough. He's one of my favorite players). Plus good experience for Korpisalo. See how he does when it's going to be a race for a playoff spot/positioning(more pressure to get points for the team). And if they do make it. Good to get playoff games under his belt.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Huh? What does booing a guy who won't sign an extension with you have to do with feeling inferior? To me its just a f**k you to a guy who is abandoning his team.

:dunno:

For some odd reason she continues to attempt to manipulate how people post and then make moral judgement comments when somebody dares post something that is seen as a negative or a difference of opinion.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:dunno:

For some odd reason she continues to attempt to manipulate how people post and then make moral judgement comments when somebody dares post something that is seen as a negative or a difference of opinion.
Well, gosh, maybe I believe in sports and sports teams as something that's supposed to be for purposes of entertainment rather than a quest for something else to complain about and/or get depressed over.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well, gosh, maybe I believe in sports and sports teams as something that's supposed to be for purposes of entertainment rather than a quest for something else to complain about and/or get depressed over.

Keyword: I

Doesn't mean you need to constantly go on a crusade against people here who post what you see as negative or something that is not up to your moral standards. I've said it a million times, this is a free message board and people are entitled to their own opinions. It is what it is.

Not everybody is going to share the same opinion, express themselves the same way, or fan the same way you fan. If that upsets you so much :dunno:

Reactions: thebus88

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Just got home, I was at the game last night... The best CBJ player on the ice was my 9 year old grand daughter Rylie who played after the first period... She got an assist that cost me 50 bucks... :) (all true).

As for the game, how does a team coming from behind at home to tie at 4-4 after 2 two periods lose the f***ing game!!! Get a GD goalie!!!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I won't boo a member of my own team, but I understand the feelings of those that did last night.
I booed Rick Nash a few times.... I booed Bob last night after giving up three goals in the first 10 minutes... The team worked hard to tie it up and still lost.. Tip! Never sign a Russian goalie!!! Ever...

Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just got home, I was at the game last night... The best CBJ player on the ice was my 9 year old grand daughter Rylie who played after the first period... She got an assist that cost me 50 bucks... :) (all true).

As for the game, how does a team coming from behind at home to tie at 4-4 after 2 two periods lose the ****ing game!!! Get a GD goalie!!!
That's so cool that your grand daughter got to play on the big ice. Lifetime memory. Sorry grandpa, she'll forget about the 50 bucks in a few days (not a lifetime memory) and you'll be forking out some more of the green stuff.

I got a few chances to do that with the WHA Stingers in the late 70s. I was high school age and scored on a breakaway. I still remember the move. It was a sweet move:laugh: At least that's how I remember it.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I got a few chances to do that with the WHA Stingers in the late 70s. I was high school age and scored on a breakaway. I still remember the move. It was a sweet move:laugh: At least that's how I remember it.

Probably more like the goalie fell down, you fell down and the puck bounced off your head...:laugh:

Reactions: CPTN71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Keyword: I

Doesn't mean you need to constantly go on a crusade against people here who post what you see as negative or something that is not up to your moral standards. I've said it a million times, this is a free message board and people are entitled to their own opinions. It is what it is.

Not everybody is going to share the same opinion, express themselves the same way, or fan the same way you fan. If that upsets you so much :dunno:
...so you're saying that y'all do not get into sports for entertainment purposes?

What the hell's the point, otherwise?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
That's so cool that your grand daughter got to play on the big ice. Lifetime memory. Sorry grandpa, she'll forget about the 50 bucks in a few days (not a lifetime memory) and you'll be forking out some more of the green stuff.

Thank you for the response.... My son, her Dad missed most of the game helping her suit up and suit down for two minutes on the "big ice" but it was worth it, I spent most of the game with my daughter in law... :)

Most here know I'm from Buffalo a million years ago but a founding fan of the Jackets... I go to most Jacket/Sabre games home or away... This game however was for my 9 year old Grand Daughter... I was so proud!!! btw, everyone within 20 feet of my seats knew she was on the ice... lol

Oh, she met Jack Eichel in the tunnel, slapped his hand, she knew who he was!!! :) Wish we had one of those...

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
...so you're saying that y'all do not get into sports for entertainment purposes?

What the hell's the point, otherwise?

Of course it's entertainment. But...we don't have to like everything done by the players. I have never liked Panarin as a person since he refused to talk to or sign for my son. He then stood 20ft away and played on his phone by himself for 10 minutes. He looked up a couple of times and I so wanted to give him the finger but I remained civilized. I wish I had done it now. He's a jerk.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
OT sort of.... The Sabres look inept vs Dallas so far tonight after 40 minutes, NO GOALS..... I'd take Bishop in a heart beat....

We should have won this game vs the Sabres…

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
As for the game, how does a team coming from behind at home to tie at 4-4 after 2 two periods lose the ****ing game!!! Get a GD goalie!!!

A momentum killing shit rebound will do it.

"Tough Teams Bobrovsky"

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Of course it's entertainment. But...we don't have to like everything done by the players. I have never liked Panarin as a person since he refused to talk to or sign for my son. He then stood 20ft away and played on his phone by himself for 10 minutes. He looked up a couple of times and I so wanted to give him the finger but I remained civilized. I wish I had done it now. He's a jerk.

I will never forget this story, since when you told it way back.

You wonder if there IS something behind him not signing CBJ stuff.

If its not team sanctioned, I wonder if he always refuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad