Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I know Koppanen was called up to replace Nosek, but why Lauko hasn't found his way back in Boston baffles me. He has that great speed and hustle which plays well against teams like TB and Toronto.
I think Koppanen has done an admirable job replacing Nosek. I have been impressed with his play on the PK and his work on draws

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://www.bostonherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/BHR-L-sportsfront-230127-A040-1.jpg?w=961

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
You get Nosek back and it limits Coyle on the PK where he has not been great lately
Nosek was taking a bunch of Dzone PK face offs and now Coyle is taking them

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I thought the Bruins played a very good game until the last ten minutes of the third,they tied the game had all the momentum,got a power play that was absolute garbage and seemed to suck the lives out of them.Use it as a learning experience and move on,

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Great game. Watch some tape and improve. Sweeney now knows the Lightning aren’t pushovers. Trade deadline acquisitions much needed. Jake comes back, need some more physicality from the bottom 6.

Bruins still win a series vs Tampa imo

Think he may have known that all along.

Fans seem to forget Tampa won 11 straight playoff series before losing to the Avs in the finals last year. Their core is still there and still in their prime. Looks like Brandon Hagel is ready to join that core.

aguineapig

We got beat by two world class talents, Kucherov and Vasilevskiy. The game was pretty even other than that, thought B's had the better chances but Vasi did what Linus did to them the first couple of games we beat them.
Tampa's bottom six not at the level they had during the Cup years in my opinion. There is no doubt they will pull a rabbit out of a hat to upgrade, question is what does Don do to offset the inevitable? Hope McAvoy is nothing more than sore this morning, thought of Bobby Carpenter when it happened but seems like we got lucky.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think Koppanen has done an admirable job replacing Nosek. I have been impressed with his play on the PK and his work on draws

Similar to Nosek does very little else, which is acceptable for what they are... I'd prefer the Bruins aim a bit higher with that line for the playoffs. Capitalize on Foligno's season.

Greer/Nosek can rotate on the 4th line wing but an upgrade at center with some concept of offense as well as physicality would be a major boost.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Hmmm....and here I thought we had already beaten every one of those teams this season. We lost one to the Leafs during the debacle by the media and one to Tampa, won the other two.

I am not arguing how dominate the Bruins have been against the whole NHL.

What I am saying is that coaches are looking for a blueprint to beat the Bs.

Tampa just gave them one.

I still think the Bruins should and would be the favorite in any series played today by far.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Surprising good straight line skater for a guy his size. Good depth player and given that some of the pending UFAs won't be back, a candidate for a roster spot on next year's team. The upside may not be huge, but like Nosek, does exactly what you want your 4th line center to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad