Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm grumpy this morning.

Not because I think the world is coming to an end, we weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I just reeeeaaaaallllly hate losing to that particular team.

Now, Bruins.... go beat up on the kitties.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'm grumpy this morning.

Not because I think the world is coming to an end, we weren't going to go undefeated the rest of the season. I just reeeeaaaaallllly hate losing to that particular team.

Now, Bruins.... go beat up on the kitties.
Yeah any loss sucks but losing to Tampa stings a little more than some other teams. I'd say any loss to Tampa, Montreal, Toronto,Carolina, Washington are the worst.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am not arguing how dominate the Bruins have been against the whole NHL.

What I am saying is that coaches are looking for a blueprint to beat the Bs.

Tampa just gave them one.

I still think the Bruins should and would be the favorite in any series played today by far.
That makes more sense, thank you for the explanation.

Reactions: rfournier103

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
That was a 2 point gift to Tampa! If you don't think we need to upgrade our D you just need to watch 2 D in the corner on goal 1, D going offside on a rush, or D falling down and taking your goalie with him on goal 3! Not to mention the amount of times we had the puck and played with it in our own end until Tampa took it from us for a grade A scoring chance!

Haven't seemed to all year! Thank God for goaltending because our D after Lindho!lm, Forbort, and MacAvoy has been suspect to say the least!
Wow I love our D. Best in the league

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
We lost to the team that has been in the finals the past 3 years. They are a great team. No Shame. We are better.

Reactions: Trizz617

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Have the Bruins ever lost a game where half of the posts here didn't blame the officiating?
I don’t know, but I can say that NHL on-ice officiating can be pretty dreadful at times, and sometimes outright sinister.

Gary Bettman just a few days ago emphatically said ‘tanking doesn’t happen in the NHL.’ I only bring that up because the NHL also insists that “game management” doesn’t happen, either.

It will take some hard evidence to convince me that the officials do not try to influence the outcomes of games from time to time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t know, but I can say that NHL on-ice officiating can be pretty dreadful at times, and sometimes outright sinister.

Gary Bettman just a few days ago emphatically said ‘tanking doesn’t happen in the NHL.’ I only bring that up because the NHL also insists that “game management” doesn’t happen, either.

It will take some hard evidence to convince me that the officials do not try to influence the outcomes of games from time to time.

Why do you think they would do that?

KWbruin

May 29, 2019
Kitchener, ON
Bah ... how can anyone be upset with a loss.

Joona continues to impress. For those worried about his foot speed I'm not seeing it. He's average but not below average. He's aggressive on the puck, makes smart plays with the puck, block shots, PK time. All good.
Joona also good at the dot. 57% overall, 63% in the d-zone. Somewhat small sample size, I realize (44 FO).

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not challenging him.

Seriously wanted to know what he thought the reasons would be for officials to want to influence a game.

Remember, this started out about posters blaming the refs every time the Bruins lose a game.

I didn’t read much prior to this page so my mistake.

They definitely didn’t lose because of the refs. I think the refs sucked last night but bruins just weren’t the better team.

Reactions: BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
But why? What's the motive?

Betting on games, personal grudges?
I think motive comes from the league.

An uncompetitive game needs evening out to keep people watching. Or, in this case last night, keep the Bruins from sweeping the season series so casual fans won’t assume the Bruins will roll in the playoffs and not bother to watch.

The NHL wants parity, and they want to “grow the game” at all costs. They want to get (and retain) fans in Florida. Most Bruins fans will stick around whether they win or not.

Can you honestly tell me the referees didn’t influence the 2019 Stanley Cup?

Here’s a great example from the world of football…

In last year’s Super Bowl, Cincinnati was on the cusp of winning. Then all of a sudden the yellow flags start coming out after being absent all night long. The West Coast team with the shiny new billion dollar stadium (playing at home, by the way) won the game.

I’d love to pick this up another time because I’m running late for work. Maybe we can have a game management thread?

Have a good night everyone.

Last edited:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Frederic and Smith combine for zero hits.

Tampa scorer credited Marchand with zero but he had several.
Hits is easily the most subjective "stat" and is totally at the whim of the home team's scorer. That's why I usually don't give it much regard. This is one thing where the "eye test" tells a much more accurate picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad