Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
One of TB's best games all season. Kraken played their best game of the season in their win against the Bs. It's what happens when a team plays against a team breaking records. It's what makes the Bs run this far into the season so impressive. Every team is gunning for them, giving it their best.
Exactly! The B's will be better for it. For now they are the hunted.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
thequint%2F2017-08%2Ffeb5c34e-bf99-431e-8ecb-5a88d6242a6e%2Fsource.gif

Could have gone either way. Both teams played great, entertaining game. Reffing sucked but that's to be expected. Vasilevskiy was tremendous.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Tampa stepped it up in the 3rd and for once the Bruins couldn't answer. They need losses or at the very least hard games, and they need legit teams like the Bolts testing them out. Can't have the playing group get too complacent or sloppy, and can't have Sweeney thinking that there's nothing that needs to be done before the deadline. Other teams will likely make improvements, Boston ideally will need to as well. I know the cap situation is very tight, but this is no time to equivocate. This team is worth investing in.

Games like this only reinforce to me that the roster still feels a bit too soft. Talent and chemistry are great, but I'd still be lot happier if they acquire a harder more physical edge before the playoffs.

Shame to lose to Tampa, but it should provide some useful lessons. Let's see what the immediate response is like in Sunrise.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Tampa stepped it up in the 3rd and for once the Bruins couldn't answer. They need losses or at the very least hard games, and they need legit teams like the Bolts testing them out. Can't have the playing group get too complacent or sloppy, and can't have Sweeney thinking that there's nothing that needs to be done before the deadline. Other teams will likely make improvements, Boston ideally will need to as well. I know the cap situation is very tight, but this is no time to equivocate. This team is worth investing in.

Games like this only reinforce to me that the roster still feels a bit too soft. Talent and chemistry are great, but I'd still be lot happier if they acquire a harder more physical edge before the playoffs.

Shame to lose to Tampa, but it should provide some useful lessons. Let's see what the immediate response is like in Sunrise.
Losses suck period. As weird as it sounds though, tonight is probably one of those "good losses". Helps keep things in perspective and keep the fire lit.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Botched puck drop, missed penalties, weird icings.....terrible officiating. Lots of weasels loose on the ice. Poor Ullmark got bowled over a lot.

next....
That is a great summary. Although the heavy forecheck forced us to turn the puck over too many times, I still like our chances against Tampa in a playoff series. Refs cannot possibly suck as bad as they did tonight for four games . . . or can they?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Can't win every game and never thought Bruins had their true legs tonite but credit to Tampa Bay they came to play and made it really tough.Ok that said it is always fun to dissect the game a bit .

Bergeron looked his age tonite at times and was not good in the dot 11-17=39.3%.
The Bruins were caught way to many times in a tie game with odd man rushes
Nice when they were winning I guess but not tonite it hurt them.
Another thing is they have to lob pucks out sometimes when nothing there because Tampa was cutting off the passing lanes when Bruins had pucks deep in own end and way to many passes intercepted.
Linus was fabulous.
My personal take is if this is the way the playoffs are going to be then Boston could use a bit more firepower even with Jake coming back.Love to find a way to add Horvat.Somebody earlier was saying about Islanders D man Mayfield and shipping Carlo.If that could work and Bruins traded Carlo and he was the D man replacing Carlo I would be fine with it.Not sure how they would get Mayfield but it would need to be him or guy similar to convince me .
Anyhow I think Sweeney has to want another goal scorer in this lineup with bite.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
That is a great summary. Although the heavy forecheck forced us to turn the puck over too many times, I still like our chances against Tampa in a playoff series. Refs cannot possibly suck as bad as they did tonight for four games . . . or can they?
The last well-officiated game I've watched was game 7 between these two in 2011.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Played good enough to win IMO. Many point blank chances simply not cashed in on. It wasn't for a lack of opportunities.

Wouldn't mind more physical presence in the bottom-6.... Or top-6.... Just in general more forwards who don't mind initiating hard contact. Smith and Greer both fall into the same category. Zero defensive impact. Zero physical impact. Occasional offensive burst. Greer has a bit of a reputation for being tough, but you can tell he fancies himself a scorer. Not in this league pal. Foligno continues to be that constant presence in the bottom-6/4th line.

This team is good. Really good. Can't win every game. Being reminded of that every now and then isn't such a bad thing.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
One of TB's best games all season. Kraken played their best game of the season in their win against the Bs. It's what happens when a team plays against a team breaking records. It's what makes the Bs run this far into the season so impressive. Every team is gunning for them, giving it their best.
Add in the fact that Tampa was 0-2 against Boston. Yet, this game could have gone either way. That speaks volumes how good this BRUINS' team is.

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
As many good posters (Ali, Sarge, etc.) have said, nothing to get worked up about. Good game overall, the botched puck drop aside. Still, the chatter around Toews and a Schenn type on D are warranted. Perfect fits for a team looking to make a deep playoff run. Nothing against koppanen but don’t want him slotting into a playoff series if the inevitable injuries happen. Also, DeBrusk makes a difference in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad