Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is that a Monty decision or DS?
right now it's probably both, without nosek they needed a center. i was surprised when wagner was called up over lauko
on that california trip, but no doubt the mayor earned the quick call up at that point. maybe lauko wasn't deserving at
that point either. or could be something else. his speed and jam would look good on the 4th line, for sure.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
right now it's probably both, without nosek they needed a center. i was surprised when wagner was called up over lauko
on that california trip, but no doubt the mayor earned the quick call up at that point. maybe lauko wasn't deserving at
that point either. or could be something else. his speed and jam would look good on the 4th line, for sure.
Wonder if it has to do with salary #s and all that hoo-haa

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The last well-officiated game I've watched was game 7 between these two in 2011.
Agree 100%, and that's one of the big reasons the Bruins won the Cup that year, because back then the refs were more concerned with calling blatant, obvious penalties ONLY and none of this BS game management crap, but nowadays it's all about game management and which team needs more PP's to help them win certain games....which is absolute Bull S**t

..and tonight, the calls were not in the B's favour

With that said, the B's had plenty of chances to win this game but Vasileskiy was slightly better than Ullmark

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
As many good posters (Ali, Sarge, etc.) have said, nothing to get worked up about. Good game overall, the botched puck drop aside. Still, the chatter around Toews and a Schenn type on D are warranted. Perfect fits for a team looking to make a deep playoff run. Nothing against koppanen but don’t want him slotting into a playoff series if the inevitable injuries happen. Also, DeBrusk makes a difference in this game.
They are great fits but it would be easier to get Horvat then Toews is my thinking based off that salary.Good thing Bruins have the cushion because Bergy will be getting some rest as we move along.I am not complaining 1 bit just talking hockey here and if they are all about the Cup make it happen.Donny said more then one time he has to keep future in mind and Horvat fits that more then Toews.I don't want Horvat landing in East with a team Bruins will face I know that much.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Tough loss but a learning experience every team will be out to beat us. Can’t play only 2 periods an expect to win. Don needs to add at the deadline.
Just about every team in the league are bringing their "A" game against the Bruins
...and the Bolts "A" game is still pretty good

B's only brought their "B" game tonight, but still only lost by one goal late in the game

That shows me that the Bruins have a really solid team but need to bring their "A" game against top-tier teams

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

David looks determined. Remember 2010 when he broke his wrist against Philly in the playoffs (Philly fans mocking him all throughout 2010-11) and then in the 2011 playoffs he was instrumental in destroying the Flyers on route to the SC. Well, I think DK's put this one in the archives and will use it if they meet in the playoffs. He has that same determined look in his eyes. We're gonna be fine, we need some more muscle at the TD, and an added veteran presence, either with experienced guys like Kane, Toewes, etc up front of guys who are hungry for a Cup at the twilight of their careers would be a nice addition.
Would love to see a Gabrikov or Mayfield type add on D but even without any additions this team is a wagon.
I'm just worried about our big horses getting burned out or injured, so hopefully Donny pulls another rabbit out of his hat and shocks us again. The Bruins are ][ close to another Cup IMHO. Sorry for any typos. Still frozen from hanging around at my grandson's practice and then the long drive home.
OT: Whats-his-face calling the game on WBZ 98.5 radio and his long "gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaallllllll" is getting very old, FFS, this isn't soccer! End of rant.:ha:

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Carlo should have been credited with an assist on that winning goal. Anyway, I'm sure Carlo will punish himself for knocking his goalie over and this will make him a much better D-man. I HOPE.
Unfortunately, goalie interference can only be called against the opposing team.

Reactions: caz16

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Tampa did a great job of taking the body/getting in the way/interfering with the Bruins and their lines.

You could see the Bruins and their transition were off.

It is the way that teams like TB, WSH, TOR, and CAR will be more than a match for the Bs.

We will see more and more of this as the Bruins face teams that are on their level...

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Tampa did a great job of taking the body/getting in the way/interfering with the Bruins and their lines.

You could see the Bruins and their transition were off.

It is the way that teams like TB, WSH, TOR, and CAR will be more than a match for the Bs.

We will see more and more of this as the Bruins face teams that are on their level...
Hmmm....and here I thought we had already beaten every one of those teams this season. We lost one to the Leafs during the debacle by the media and one to Tampa, won the other two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad