Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 2 F

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
This game was a reality check. Bruins might brake the regular season record in points and wins this season simply outplaying other mediocre and crappy teams. However when they play against physical, skilled and fast team the D gets exposed. Ullmark will have to pull Thomas in the playoffs if Bruins stay put on D.
Not having D who can take a slapshot is getting old.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If someone told us all in July that the B’s would lose their first game in 3 weeks or so in a Thursday night game in TB, I think we’d all have taken it.

Awful officiating, some very uncharacteristic mistakes (that I don’t expect to be repeated very often) and an all star goaltender at the top of his game typically would mean lopsided loss…yet they were in it to the end.

Nothing tonight changes my opinion of this team.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If someone told us all in July that the B’s would lose their first game in 3 weeks or so in a Thursday night game in TB, I think we’d all have taken it.

Awful officiating, some ver uncharacteristic mistakes (that I don’t expect to be repeated very often) and an all star goaltender at the top of his game typically would mean lopsided loss…yet they were in it to the end.

Nothing tonight changes my opinion of this team.
Feel the same here Sarge. They are going to be a-ok.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Can’t win them all and Tampa is really good team obviously. I liked are effort. Got sloppy towards the end and it cost us. Can’t see Carlo having another game like that.

Really miss Jake. He slides everyone into the right spot.

Koppanen is to slow for this league.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
This game was a reality check. Bruins might brake the regular season record in points and wins this seasson simply outplaying other mediocre and crappy teams. However when they play against physical, skilled and fast team the D gets exposed. Ullmark will have to pull Thomas in the playoffs if Bruins stay put on D.

TB got every break possible and eeked out a 1 goal win at home.

Yet the Bruins are the ones who you’re questioning their legitimacy?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
This game was a reality check. Bruins might brake the regular season record in points and wins this seasson simply outplaying other mediocre and crappy teams. However when they play against physical, skilled and fast team the D gets exposed. Ullmark will have to pull Thomas in the playoffs if Bruins stay put on D.

We’re 2-1-0 against Tampa this year

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Frederic and Smith combine for zero hits.

Tampa scorer credited Marchand with zero but he had several.
Can't keep going with him in the line up once healthy (Smith)

Freddy was not good tonight either, fourth line had zero impact on the game.

Bottom of the roster will need to be refreshed in the second half, I think it will be

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Can’t win them all and Tampa is really good team obviously. I liked are effort. Got sloppy towards the end and it cost us. Can’t see Carlo having another game like that.

Really miss Jake. He slides everyone into the right spot.

Koppanen is to slow for this league.

I know Koppanen was called up to replace Nosek, but why Lauko hasn't found his way back in Boston baffles me. He has that great speed and hustle which plays well against teams like TB and Toronto.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
One of TB's best games all season. Kraken played their best game of the season in their win against the Bs. It's what happens when a team plays against a team breaking records. It's what makes the Bs run this far into the season so impressive. Every team is gunning for them, giving it their best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad