GDT: Game 47: Suit Jackets @The Knights Who Say Neeeeeee 7 p.m.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Honestly, they are a mediocre team. Even last year they were a mediocre team. They have no 1st line.

Both Karlsson and Smith wouldn't be on the 1st line of goods teams.

Karlsson with the way he is playing would be on the ****ing 4th line with his invisible ass. Better yet, he would be in the ahl on a cup contender with his play as of now.

We really don't have a great first line, but that's not the biggest problem. We have lots of very good, but not great players - Devils won 3 cups with 4 good but not great lines (they also had a great defense but I always thought Brodeur was over-rated, like Ken Dryden in the 70's, he faced only 20 shots a game instead of the average of 30.

When we have a first line of Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith, a second of Stephenson - Stone - Patches, a third of Stastny - Tuch - Glass and a 4th of Nosek - Carrier - Roy and/or Reaves, we'll outskate teams and win. Not Cup contender win, but first place in the Pacific, while we build a stable of good young hungry players through the draft and wise discreet signing of FA's.

Hate what we're going through now, but the larger problem will be over-rating talent and thinking we're just one player away from being a favorite for the Cup. We're not on the same level as Boston, Washington, Colorado and St. Louis even at best. At best, we're in the next tier. Just build and build some more and let the chips fall where they may.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think a shakeup trade could help the team. A top six forward for a bigger name defenseman. It would still obviously need to be the right trade but I think I would rather trade a roster player than a 1st round pick or our best prospects.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would honestly trade Karlsson.

Had one great season, but so did everyone else in that one year.

I truly don't think he is a 1st line player. He is certainly not even looking like a top 6 player at the moment.

Playing like a 4th liner.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I think a shakeup trade could help the team. A top six forward for a bigger name defenseman. It would still obviously need to be the right trade but I think I would rather trade a roster player than a 1st round pick or our best prospects.

I like the idea. I wouldn't trade Marchy, Stone or Karlsson. Patches probably has the highest trade value besides Stone, but I doubt they trade him. Reilly Smith or Stastny?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I like the idea. I wouldn't trade Marchy, Stone or Karlsson. Patches probably has the highest trade value besides Stone, but I doubt they trade him. Reilly Smith or Stastny?

I would absolutely look into trading Karlsson if the right deal came up.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Probably Smith or Stastny, but I wouldn't rule out Tuch for a very elite RHD. Obviously it depends on what defenseman would be traded for but he wouldn't be untouchable for me. He is having an absolutely abysmal season.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I would absolutely look into trading Karlsson if the right deal came up.

Karlsson is performing how I thought he would. He is on pace for 58 points, he is still playing a solid defensive forward game and does many things there even when he isn't putting up points. His faceoffs have improved this season. He is a solid 2C. I think you're being hard on him, it's a slump, I think he will have these because he isn't a 1C. But he isn't paid like one either so I think it's in the best interest of the team to keep him for that contract

Reactions: hangman005

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I was hoping Karlsson would be at least a 30 goal scorer and improve on last season. Maybe he could even score a couple of goals in his first 8 games this time; that would help him improve on last season and get to 30.

His shot percentage is down for the second season in a row and he is on pace for less than 20 goals.

Worst of all, he scored 2 goals in the last 25 games and 0 in the last 12 games. He has 8 assists in the last 25 games.

I didn’t notice until very recently because the team was doing well and there is more to the game than just scoring.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Karlsson not someone I'd be looking to move, if a no brainier come along then sure, but I think he does need to sit for a game maybe two, try and give him a kick start.

Also did anyone see Schmidts post game comments. "blah blah the other goalie was great, blah blah need to get more on him,"

It's harsh to say a goalie getting a shut out didn't play a great game.... but honestly with how we played tonight a piece of string dangling from the crossbar could have got a shut out.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I was hoping Karlsson would be at least a 30 goal scorer and improve on last season. Maybe he could even score a couple of goals in his first 8 games this time; that would help him improve on last season and get to 30.

His shot percentage is down for the second season in a row and he is on pace for less than 20 goals.

Worst of all, he scored 2 goals in the last 25 games and 0 in the last 12 games. He has 8 assists in the last 25 games.

I didn’t notice until very recently because the team was doing well and there is more to the game than just scoring.

Alex Tuch is on pace for 13 goals and 15 assists. He missed 17 games but even if you add those, he is on pace for about 16-17 goals and 19 assists in 82 games.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Looks like I missed one hell of a game.

They remembered to go down 0-3, but forgot the comeback attempt.

How did mighty Kolisaurus look?
Can't help but feel like a trade is coming in the next 48hrs. Out of the blue, they wanted to see the lineup without Hague(could be sent down), Eakin on the 4th line and Kolesar up.
apparently it didn't look good

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Looks like I missed one hell of a game.

They remembered to go down 0-3, but forgot the comeback attempt.

How did mighty Kolisaurus look?
Can't help but feel like a trade is coming in the next 48hrs. Out of the blue, they wanted to see the lineup without Hague(could be sent down), Eakin on the 4th line and Kolesar up.
apparently it didn't look good
To be fair, he really didn't look any worse than everyone else on the team... unfortunately everyone else on the team looked crap. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Alex Tuch is on pace for 13 goals and 15 assists. He missed 17 games but even if you add those, he is on pace for about 16-17 goals and 19 assists in 82 games.
Tuch also has the excuse that for a lot of the earlier parts of the season he was playing with black holes. He has all the skills, he just hasn't managed to consistently put them all together.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
My head tells me they're after a Carolina defenseman, but my gut is telling me there's a major deal brewing with the Rangers - and TDA is not involved.

Eakin is the odd man out. There's no room for Roy let alone Glass when he returns. I know they really don't want to move him, but he still has a tiny bit of value and it would clear a lot of cap.

I really hope they don't give Dugan up for an extended Krieder but that's exactly what I see them doing. Kreider, Georgiev and Andersson. No TDA.

Tuch also has the excuse that for a lot of the earlier parts of the season he was playing with black holes. He has all the skills, he just hasn't managed to consistently put them all together.

I'm telling myself he's not 100% after concussion/upper body issues. Looks to be in a fog. :ha:

Last edited:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
My head tells me they're after a Carolina defenseman, but my gut is telling me there's a major deal brewing with the Rangers - and TDA is not involved.

Eakin is the odd man out. There's no room for Roy let alone Glass when he returns. I know they really don't want to move him, but he still has a tiny bit of value and it would clear a lot of cap.

I really hope they don't give Dugan up for an extended Krieder but that's exactly what I see them doing. Kreider, Georgiev and Andersson. No TDA.

I'm telling myself he's not 100% after concussion/upper body issues. Looks to be in a fog. :ha:

I really hope they don't trade Dugan.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

For parts of the season but he has also had good lines that he hasn't taken advantage of, he could be looking at going into his fourth full NHL season and having a career high of 52 points and a few other 36-37 point seasons. That is with the explosion of points in the NHL.

The shine is wearing off somewhat and I don't want this team trading Dugan before we have a better idea of what he's capable of. That would be selling low and possibly keeping the lesser of these very similar players. Not to mention this team doesn't look contending enough to give up good future pieces to help. Trade from the roster.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I would honestly trade Karlsson.

Had one great season, but so did everyone else in that one year.

I truly don't think he is a 1st line player. He is certainly not even looking like a top 6 player at the moment.

Playing like a 4th liner.
He's in a slump. Reminds me of Stone in November. Hopefully he can bounce back like Stone did. Played like a 1C before his slump.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
While I do think the Golden Knights need to add another defenseman, does anyone feel that they are more than one player away from being contenders at this point?

I just don't think giving up picks and prospects like Dugan gets them over the top this season. If they trade Reilly Smith or Stastny to try to upgrade the defense that would be the better route imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad