GDT: Game 47: Suit Jackets @The Knights Who Say Neeeeeee 7 p.m.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Okay guys. Here is another gdt from your friendly neighborhood super cake.

Go Knights Go!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

source.gif

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm a big fan of including Eakin in a trade.

I think what about Roy?

Would they think of including him in a trade?

We have Karlsson, Stastny, Glass and Stephenson who would be ahead of him at center. Krebs and Jones and that group are further in the pipeline. We have a very deep right wing group, Stone, Marchessault/Smith, Tuch, Reaves, Kolesar, Dugan, Elvenes.

Roy was trade for Haula, and he looks like he could be a future 2C/3C if given the opportunity. He is cost controlled and young, a pretty big trade chip we could afford to part with for a defenseman, especially if a 2nd is added.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think what about Roy?

Would they think of including him in a trade?

We have Karlsson, Stastny, Glass and Stephenson who would be ahead of him at center. Krebs and Jones and that group are further in the pipeline. We have a very deep right wing group, Stone, Marchessault/Smith, Tuch, Reaves, Kolesar, Dugan, Elvenes.

Roy was trade for Haula, and he looks like he could be a future 2C/3C if given the opportunity. He is cost controlled and young, a pretty big trade chip we could afford to part with for a defenseman, especially if a 2nd is added.
We would need to include substantial salary in a trade for a decent DMan.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We would need to include substantial salary in a trade for a decent DMan.

Oh, of course but Eakin, Holden, Roy and a 2nd is a good package to start talking about a defenseman. Eakin is a 3C to GM's, Roy has 2C/3C potential, Holden has been a reliable bottom pairing defenseman, the 2nd is likely low 50's if they say whichever is lowest.

Schuldt or Coghlan, Zykov or Pirri, a 3rd, we have more pieces to make a good trade work for a solid defenseman without going crazy.

Though I would prefer Demelo for a 2nd and 3rd if needed. Wouldn't need any salary worries at all, could re-sign him for pretty cheap and he has shown he can be in a top 4 without dragging it down, especially if given a good partner that we have, Theodore or Schmidt.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
According to the Athletic article, could be Reaves in a trade so they could think of Kolesar as a replacement.

I'm not a fan, I don't think they should trade Reaves, and I don't think they should spend big in a trade.

This is extremely likely.

I hope they bring him back next year if they trade him. Preferably at under 3m per.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018

I hope they bring him back next year if they trade him. Preferably at under 3m per.

Reaves would be an excellent piece to trade if they could get someone to swallow that salary. Like you said, where would Reaves possibly be more popular than here? If they want him back he would probably come back. Preferably for under 2 million.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

He should be on the team next year for 1M. They gave him a contract of three years over two years. The point of doing that is to get him to sign for much less on the next contract. Sign him for 2 years at 1M. He probably never thought he would make as much money as he has on his contracts with us.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He should be on the team next year for 1M. They gave him a contract of three years over two years. The point of doing that is to get him to sign for much less on the next contract. Sign him for 2 years at 1M. He probably never thought he would make as much money as he has on his contracts with us.

He never wanted to leave, so his agent basically used Calgary and NYR to get more $ out of Georgie. I don't get giving more money over less term, it should be the opposite so if you ever have to bury the contract it won't hurt as much.

George got taken on that one.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He never wanted to leave, so his agent basically used Calgary and NYR to get more $ out of Georgie. I don't get giving more money over less term, it should be the opposite so if you ever have to bury the contract it won't hurt as much.

George got taken on that one.

I agree but that's the reason we should be able to sign him for 2 years for 1M if we promise him he won't be traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad