GDT: Game 47: Suit Jackets @The Knights Who Say Neeeeeee 7 p.m.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
While I do think the Golden Knights need to add another defenseman, does anyone feel that they are more than one player away from being contenders at this point?

I just don't think giving up picks and prospects like Dugan gets them over the top this season. If they trade Reilly Smith or Stastny to try to upgrade the defense that would be the better route imo.
I do not at all want to let Smith go for any reason. Stastny I'd probably trade in a heartbeat - he's blocking Glass from center position, not doing much but has real value for a contender at this point, which he won't have after the season due to age.

And yes I agree we are probalby more than one player away, particularly on defense (and in goal). We also lead the lead in chances but are almost at the bottom in percentage scoring - constantly missing the net, and it is so obvious we could really use a sniper, the only one even close is Pacioretty in that area.

Finally, I don't want to give up on Tuch, though I fear he may possibly be always a player tantalizing with his potential but never scoring above the 34-40 point range. Still, that size and speed

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I do not at all want to let Smith go for any reason. Stastny I'd probably trade in a heartbeat - he's blocking Glass from center position, not doing much but has real value for a contender at this point, which he won't have after the season due to age.

And yes I agree we are probalby more than one player away, particularly on defense (and in goal). We also lead the lead in chances but are almost at the bottom in percentage scoring - constantly missing the net, and it is so obvious we could really use a sniper, the only one even close is Pacioretty in that area.

Finally, I don't want to give up on Tuch, though I fear he may possibly be always a player tantalizing with his potential but never scoring above the 34-40 point range. Still, that size and speed

It's tough about who to trade if you're going from the roster. I think Smith, Stastny and Tuch are the only options but there are reasons to keep them all.

Tuch I would worry about trading if we didn't have a prospect like Dugan. But I admit, the thought of having both is tantalizing and we certainly want to keep the better player. And how could we know that right now, and it is still early to give up on Tuch. I wouldn't say I've given up on him, just that he went from untouchable to if the right trade comes along.

Tuch for Ristolainen was thrown around by some Sabres fans earlier, an interesting idea but it would he hard to give up Tuch and those four extra seasons of a friendly cap hit.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
4th place now. And we’ve played more games than the Canucks, Flames and Oilers. And we’re about to go on a super long road trip. :(

That’s what the team deserves for picking up 0 out of a possible 6 points in the last three games. Even getting 3 points would have made a big difference and I think it’s reasonable to expect at least 4.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
It’s annoying seeing other teams around the league go on big winning streaks and we can’t seem to do that, but we have already lost 6 in a row and who knows how long the current streak will last. Our position in the standings actually isn’t bad when you take that into consideration (shows how bad our division is).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Whatever we do I hope we don’t trade one of our faster skaters for a much slower guy. One of the common complaints is having a slower team every year. One reason I like the Stephenson trade is it made us a faster team.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It’s annoying seeing other teams around the league go on big winning streaks and we can’t seem to do that, but we have already lost 6 in a row and who knows how long the current streak will last. Our position in the standings actually isn’t bad when you take that into consideration (shows how bad our division is).

Well it is this teams own damn fault.

If they miss the playoffs, they can look back at their lackadaisical play right now to see why they missed.

Last edited:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Reading Sin Bins take, it's about scoring depth... not about effort, intensity or anything else. Sure scoring depth is hugely important, but your not going to be in position to get it if you play lazy, lackadaisical uninspired hockey with absolutely atrocious fundamentals.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Reading Sin Bins take, it's about scoring depth... not about effort, intensity or anything else. Sure scoring depth is hugely important, but your not going to be in position to get it if you play lazy, lackadaisical uninspired hockey with absolutely atrocious fundamentals.

I stopped reading at "SinBin." There are McDonald's cashiers more qualified to analyze hockey.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad