Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - #$@&%*#$@&%* - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 FINAL

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That was effin' pathetic.
1: Early 2-0 lead.
2: Nine minutes on the PP late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd (including a 5 min. major) with nothing to show for it.
3: A terrible opponent.
4: Facing a 20 year old goalie that no one outside of his immediate family has ever heard of.
5: Out-shooting the opposition by more than 2 to 1.

HwmB7t7krGnao.gif

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Obviously a frustrating game for us.

I enjoy coming to Philly for games and outside of the Orginal Six teams, the Flyers are one of the Bruins biggest rivals. They meet the criteria because they have HURT us going back to 1974. Toronto has not hurt the Bruins in the lifetime of 95% of the people reading this because the last time they ended our season was 1959.

Philadelphia is only 310 miles from Boston, the same as Montreal, but it seems more because there is another city in between. Montreal you know it is a 5-hour drive, Philly can be 5 hours or 9 depending on NYC traffic and the State of Connecticut's refusal to fix it.

The sports complex in South Philly is amazing with three venues all adjacent and where the Spectrum was located is now an entertainment hub. But as @sooshii can attest the infrastructure is in serious trouble. The SEPTA subway makes the MBTA look good and the expressways are terrible. Only 4 months ago was I-95 finished between Philly and NYC. @Alicat SEPTA plans to use former MBTA Orange Line cars on the Broad Street Subway until they can get funding for new cars.

New Pa. stretch completes I-95 after 62 years
Don't forget that airport, that god damn airport. I hate that place, its a black hole of flight delays (I fly from Manchester to Philly all the time for work).

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Chara looked ****ing awful, i dont remember seeing him suck this much ever. Moore needs to be in the lineup ASAP.
I hope Chara is watching video of his play and being objective . If he is, he will see that age has caught up to him. If he wants to play another year it should be for cheap, and he has to understand that he will be in and out of the line up as coaching sees fit. Think he can be a great asset if he is able to except this role

I'd sit Chara for Moore tonight.....and split them for every other back-to-back remaining on the schedule.....assuming the rest of the D are healthy.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'd sit Chara for Moore tonight.....and split them for every other back-to-back remaining on the schedule.....assuming the rest of the D are healthy.

same.
dont think cassidy will tho.
took him forever to recall cehlarik and he still hasnt broken apart the top line.
he also hasnt made adjustmebts to the power play.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
hmm. typical bruins funk like the last couple of years. go on a stretch where they dominate play get a TON of shots but cant find the back of the net, start overpassing or missing wide open nets because of "gripping the sticks too tight" . soon they will blow out an opponent by like 6 goals and be back to normal.. its a good team, lets all relax a bit ..

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
hmm. typical bruins funk like the last couple of years. go on a stretch where they dominate play get a TON of shots but cant find the back of the net, start overpassing or missing wide open nets because of "gripping the sticks too tight" . soon they will blow out an opponent by like 6 goals and be back to normal.. its a good team, lets all relax a bit ..

They ARE a "good" team. Problem is, good isn't good enough when you have multiple teams in the East alone that are FAR superior. Normally, I'd say this is a good year to get the young guys more experience (hopefully in the playoffs as well) and really go for it next year......but I'm worried about how much some of the vets have left in the tank and how they'll look next year. Now is not the time for the brass to just sit on their hands. Moves need to be made and soon.

Reactions: lopey

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Doesn't look like anyone brought up JFK's reaction to Donato getting creamed into the boards directly in front of him. I understand you need to give some allowances due to his age, but that was some pretty shameful panicking, looking for a path of escape rather than looking to Donato or giving Sekera even a harsh look.

Even in today's game, that's the kind of thing that gets you a trip back to the AHL.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Doesn't look like anyone brought up JFK's reaction to Donato getting creamed into the boards directly in front of him. I understand you need to give some allowances due to his age, but that was some pretty shameful panicking, looking for a path of escape rather than looking to Donato or giving Sekera even a harsh look.

Even in today's game, that's the kind of thing that gets you a trip back to the AHL.

I didn't see it- I saw JFK reaching in and grabbing Lehtera. We must have been watching different angles.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

It's a tough call. In today's NHL they might just send you to the box for punching a guy who nearly paralyzed someone. That said, it was a bad look for JFK. I immediately created a package of JFK, Halak and a 2nd and was offered Beleskey and Jesper Fast.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Yea I’m not into JFK’s attitude and think he’s a good guy to showcase and trade

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It was very frustrating, blowing a lead to Philly of all teams. Carter Hart was really good after being a little jittery early on. Halak is our back-up goalie, was there ever any doubt? ;) I think we need to calm down and not overreact. I hope they let Backes play his old team tonight and get Moore into the game as well....not sure who would sit though. He deserves to play and not let rust set in.

How can we have the second best PP in the league and then suck so bad when the massive opportunity of a 5 min major appears? I don't get it, for me that was the most frustrating part last night.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I didn't see it- I saw JFK reaching in and grabbing Lehtera. We must have been watching different angles.
Must have been. He had his head on a swivel and looked to be kind of freaking out that he was boxed in by other players and couldn't escape the ruckus.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Must have been. He had his head on a swivel and looked to be kind of freaking out that he was boxed in by other players and couldn't escape the ruckus.

Ahh, I didn't really pay attention to him after the initial moment- he grabbed at Lehtera and then I saw Chara and someone else barreling in there and didn't notice JFK wigging out :laugh:

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Unpopular opinion but besides that first or second game Bergy came back he’s been awful. Looks real slow. I would like to see him and Krejci swap spots for a bit until bergy is 100% healthy

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think Key players are banged up. I think we lack confidence in the first 3 lines and so are trying to thread the needle far far too often rather than shooting and creating chaos in the crease. We need a shake-up. We need an impact player step up and start taking pressure off the team so they can breathe again, start enjoying hockey again. Whether it be internal or external, the team cannot continue as is. That's not an overreaction, it has been that way since October.

The team seems fragile, they are not confident like they were last year. They don't know if they can score or who they can rely on to do it.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Also that was a game in hand on a couple teams including Montreal
Can we have a bit more urgency on the PP especially going back to retrieve pucks
Sorry just frustrated over this one

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Key players are banged up. I think we lack confidence in the first 3 lines and so are trying to thread the needle far far too often rather than shooting and creating chaos in the crease. We need a shake-up. We need an impact player step up and start taking pressure off the team so they can breathe again, start enjoying hockey again. Whether it be internal or external, the team cannot continue as is. That's not an overreaction, it has been that way since October.

The team seems fragile, they are not confident like they were last year. They don't know if they can score or who they can rely on to do it.

I'd almost put money on Bergeron, Chara, and Debrusk being less than 100%

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Beleskey didn't work out...Backes wasn't the best signing either, but Backes may be useful in the playoffs

Chara deserves his pay for being such a warrior for the B's for so many years...it's like retro-pay

Retro pay? Dudes made like $80million + from the Bruins...
That's like the old boys club in Edmonton and look where that got them

I'd rather them send him a thank you card with $100 cash next year than more "retro pay"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad