Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - #$@&%*#$@&%* - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 FINAL

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If halak was average they win

Lotsa players could have played better

Go get that top 6 guy and then combine that w the possibility of a productive Cehlarik and they all of a sudden have a pretty sturdy looking forward group

Its a good team coming off a couple frustrating games. Long season. Clearly more finish is needed. I think they’re quite good provided they make that addition at the deadline.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Halak was awful and Chara was as well.

Lots of positives though, they were all over Philly and not just outside shots but high quality ones...just couldn't bury any.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Obviously a frustrating game for us.

I enjoy coming to Philly for games and outside of the Orginal Six teams, the Flyers are one of the Bruins biggest rivals. They meet the criteria because they have HURT us going back to 1974. Toronto has not hurt the Bruins in the lifetime of 95% of the people reading this because the last time they ended our season was 1959.

Philadelphia is only 310 miles from Boston, the same as Montreal, but it seems more because there is another city in between. Montreal you know it is a 5-hour drive, Philly can be 5 hours or 9 depending on NYC traffic and the State of Connecticut's refusal to fix it.

The sports complex in South Philly is amazing with three venues all adjacent and where the Spectrum was located is now an entertainment hub. But as @sooshii can attest the infrastructure is in serious trouble. The SEPTA subway makes the MBTA look good and the expressways are terrible. Only 4 months ago was I-95 finished between Philly and NYC. @Alicat SEPTA plans to use former MBTA Orange Line cars on the Broad Street Subway until they can get funding for new cars.

New Pa. stretch completes I-95 after 62 years

Reactions: smithformeragent

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Obviously a frustrating game for us.

I enjoy coming to Philly for games and outside of the Orginal Six teams, the Flyers are one of the Bruins biggest rivals. They meet the criteria because they have HURT us going back to 1974. Toronto has not hurt the Bruins in the lifetime of 95% of the people reading this because the last time they ended our season was 1959.

Philadelphia is only 310 miles from Boston, the same as Montreal, but it seems more because there is another city in between. Montreal you know it is a 5-hour drive, Philly can be 5 hours or 9 depending on NYC traffic and the State of Connecticut's refusal to fix it.

The sports complex in South Philly is amazing with three venues all adjacent and where the Spectrum was located is now an entertainment hub. But as @sooshii can attest the infrastructure is in serious trouble. The SEPTA subway makes the MBTA look good and the expressways are terrible. Only 4 months ago was I-95 finished between Philly and NYC. @Alicat SEPTA plans to use former MBTA Orange Line cars on the Broad Street Subway until they can get funding for new cars.

New Pa. stretch completes I-95 after 62 years
62 years?! :eek: And here I thought Nashville was bad with Briley Parkway. I think that was "only" 10 years. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Weird game. Seemed like they had lots of chances to win but didnt exactly play well.
Halak was awful but the whole team palyed poorly. Lots of turnovers in the neutrl zone, pucks lost in the skates, running around. On the other hand, they had what? 3 breakways?, Bergeron had 2 opportunities alone in the slot where he usually doenst miss. Carlo with the great chance in front, that one needs to go in.

Chara looked f***ing awful, i dont remember seeing him suck this much ever. Moore needs to be in the lineup ASAP.

Not sure what to make of this team. It would also be nice if Cassidy got some responsibility for some of the stupid stuff he does.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
62 years?! :eek: And here I thought Nashville was bad with Briley Parkway. I think that was "only" 10 years. :laugh:

The short version is in the 50's Delaware and New Jersey decided to partner on a bridge and traffic heading south from NYC could avoid Philly and it has taken all this time to have a direct road from Philly to New York mainly because of New Jersey not wanting to play ball with Pennsylvania.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
That was effin' pathetic.
1: Early 2-0 lead.
2: Nine minutes on the PP late in the 2nd and early in the 3rd (including a 5 min. major) with nothing to show for it.
3: A terrible opponent.
4: Facing a 20 year old goalie that no one outside of his immediate family has ever heard of.
5: Out-shooting the opposition by more than 2 to 1.

View attachment 176607
Lol Carter Heart was CHL goalie of the year 2 years in a row which no goalie has ever done before and lead team Canada Juniors to gold medal. He is literally the best goalie prospect in the world except it looks like he is not a prospect anymore.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
There was a time when an early two goal lead mean certain victory for this team.

Perhaps the league has changed in general.

Still, this feels inexcusable.

Divide up the blame how you choose to.
It’s a results oriented business and for all the better they’ve played, they still cannot afford to be squandering points to a team like this.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
important 2pts lost great performance from carlo ,he was a skating machine Cehlarik looked good with DeBrusk...power play was terrible and Halak and Chara did not play well

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I've said it before and I'll continue to say it. This team plays to the level of their opponent and they've been doing it for a few years now. They get up for the big games and look past the teams that are in the bottom of the standings.

It was nice to see Cehlarik have a successful first game, but lets see him do it consistently. This isn't a shot at him because the consistency from everyone this year just hasn't been there. I hope he can come in and bring that type of game every night because it'll help our secondary scoring.

Reactions: lopey

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
He sat Backes who was a (very expensive) healthy scratch (and former NHL captain) for the first time in 12 years, so in theory, sitting Z might not be that big of a step for him.

But I don't see it happening, even if they said it was just for "rest" purposes.

I do wonder what Chara thinks of his own play right now.

I hope Chara is watching video of his play and being objective . If he is, he will see that age has caught up to him. If he wants to play another year it should be for cheap, and he has to understand that he will be in and out of the line up as coaching sees fit. Think he can be a great asset if he is able to except this role

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
The division is too close to be dropping points like this. All of a sudden we're going to end up facing Washington or Tampa in the first round and we all know how that is going to go

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Technicolor yawn

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Technicolor yawn'?

Vomiting.
What's the origin of the phrase 'Technicolor yawn'?

This is one of the many colorful Australian phrases for vomiting. It was coined by, or at least popularised by, Barry Humphries and appeared in his 1965 review A Nice Night’s Entertainment:
When I swallowed the last prawn,
I had a technicolor yawn and I chundered in the old Pacific Sea.​

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't even know what to say. When you're up 2-0 in a game, and you get a 5 minute opportunity on the powerplay and the opponent is down a man for a full 20 minutes, I just don't know how you blow a game like that.

That powerplay was abysmal. If they score a goal or two on that, it's a different game.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
A glorious death
pyhrric-victory.jpg

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Most frustrating power play performance I have seen in a long time. That 5 minute major PP was a clinic on ineptitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad