Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - #$@&%*#$@&%* - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 FINAL

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There's no question in my mind that Bergeron came back too soon. Just because he was medically cleared does not mean he's 100% and ready to play/produce at the level he's capable of doing. Add to that the hits he's taken since returning and I'm sure he's really banged up, which also takes a mental toll.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
There's no question in my mind that Bergeron came back too soon. Just because he was medically cleared does not mean he's 100% and ready to play/produce at the level he's capable of doing. Add to that the hits he's taken since returning and I'm sure he's really banged up, which also takes a mental toll.

Bye week can't come at the more appropriate time, from 20th - 29th, 9 days, that is something.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Obviously a frustrating game for us.

I enjoy coming to Philly for games and outside of the Orginal Six teams, the Flyers are one of the Bruins biggest rivals. They meet the criteria because they have HURT us going back to 1974. Toronto has not hurt the Bruins in the lifetime of 95% of the people reading this because the last time they ended our season was 1959.

Philadelphia is only 310 miles from Boston, the same as Montreal, but it seems more because there is another city in between. Montreal you know it is a 5-hour drive, Philly can be 5 hours or 9 depending on NYC traffic and the State of Connecticut's refusal to fix it.

The sports complex in South Philly is amazing with three venues all adjacent and where the Spectrum was located is now an entertainment hub. But as @sooshii can attest the infrastructure is in serious trouble. The SEPTA subway makes the MBTA look good and the expressways are terrible. Only 4 months ago was I-95 finished between Philly and NYC. @Alicat SEPTA plans to use former MBTA Orange Line cars on the Broad Street Subway until they can get funding for new cars.

New Pa. stretch completes I-95 after 62 years
We went to Philly for my college reunion last summer, and made the bad decision to drive. Not that it's an issue anymore, but next time Philly is in the cards, it's flying or train, depending on where we're leaving from. Actually, heading to Philly early next month for my youngest son's 21st birthday. Should be fun.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Considering how bad Chara looked for pretty much the remainder of the season the last time he had a knee injury, I'm not surprised he''s been bad since his return this time. I might say I even expected it. So I think it's something we're just gonna have to deal with. I don't think he's gonna improve much until he can stop playing games for a couple of months and let his almost 42 yer old leg heal completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackFrancis

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Couldn’t agree more
Since that first game back when he looked great now he just looks like an injured form of Bergeron
Weak shot, losing face offs something is not right

Reactions: BMC

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
What I often notice is too many soft college players. Heinin, Donato, Bjork, JFK. JFK watching Donato get smashed face first into the boards and basically shrugging his shoulders was hard to watch.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
What I often notice is too many soft college players. Heinin, Donato, Bjork, JFK. JFK watching Donato get smashed face first into the boards and basically shrugging his shoulders was hard to watch.

That Donato hit perfectly summed up my feeling about that line and why it needs to be broken up, or demoted. There is not a less physical line in the NHL and as skilled as they may become, they are too soft to play together. When Nordstrom comes back, JFK has to go down and maybe Donato too. Put them in the weight room for a year and then check back.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Kuraly and Acciari are college players, are they soft?

(Though I do agree it would have been nice to see JFK show some emotion there.)

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Kuraly and Acciari are college players, are they soft?

(Though I do agree it would have been nice to see JFK show some emotion there.)
Those two aren't soft, that's why I didn't mentioned them. It wasn't an indictment on all college players.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
David Backes will play tonight vs the Blues. 4th line will be Wagner - Kuraly - Backes.

John Moore will also play and be paired with Kevan Miller.

Acciari, Grzelcyk and Kampfer will be the scratches.

Reactions: BMC

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Wagner and Miller too, that old "college players are soft" narrative is old and done.
Did I say ALL college players are soft ? NO ! What I said, originally, is that I think we have too many soft college players in the lineup, and a strong argument can be made for that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
truly frustrating game yet again, and yet again, another softie allowed by Halak who has reverted back to what he`s been for years, a guy who makes some nice saves but can`t make THE save you need.

Thought the first game up from PC was terrific, he didn`t look remotely like the kid we saw upon his last call up. Has little to do with the goals he contributed (although that helps, he ain`t here to not contribute), he was assertive, crisp passes, on the puck and opponent quickly. While he isn`t a burner, you can see a noticeable improvement in his overall skating.

Bergy line is struggling, not their usual self, this bye week may be coming at the right time.

4 separate plays I watched died on the stick of Acciari, he needs to take a bloody seat, didn`t like Grizz`s game last night either and he doesn`t belong on the PP IMO

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
David Backes will play tonight vs the Blues. 4th line will be Wagner - Kuraly - Backes.

John Moore will also play and be paired with Kevan Miller.

Acciari, Grzelcyk and Kampfer will be the scratches.

How the f*** did none of JFK/Heinen/Donato get scratched?

There has been nothing wrong with Acciari's play recently for a 4th liner with little skill. He must be under the weather to be sitting instead of one of those 3.

Reactions: Aeroforce

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How the **** did none of JFK/Heinen/Donato get scratched?

There has been nothing wrong with Acciari's play recently for a 4th liner with little skill. He must be under the weather to be sitting instead of one of those 3.

while I never have expectations for a 4th line player to be terrific puck handlers, finishers or dishers, Acciari brings little to that line, it`s all Kuraly and Wagner who both know how to handle the puck. Last night`s game alone, 4 separate occasions, puck on the stick of Acciari, play dies immediately. He (Acciari) IMO, brings next to nothing and the fact Butch just pushes him over the boards seamlessly is disturbing

Reactions: shoulders7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad