Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - #$@&%*#$@&%* - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 FINAL

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
while I never have expectations for a 4th line player to be terrific puck handlers, finishers or dishers, Acciari brings little to that line, it`s all Kuraly and Wagner who both know how to handle the puck. Last night`s game alone, 4 separate occasions, puck on the stick of Acciari, play dies immediately. He (Acciari) IMO, brings next to nothing and the fact Butch just pushes him over the boards seamlessly is disturbing

No issues if Backes plays well in that spot and makes that 4th line wing position his. Acciari was a big part of them turning it around in that Pitt game though we haven't seen the 4th line play well without him. But you aren't moving Backes if hes a scratch for 20 straight games even this summer after his bonus's are paid and we eat salary.

I'd like to see Fitz play for one of JFK/Heinen/Donato but I don't know what the waiver implications would be.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Unpopular opinion but besides that first or second game Bergy came back he’s been awful. Looks real slow. I would like to see him and Krejci swap spots for a bit until bergy is 100% healthy

100 percent yes

We know Krejci can produce with marchand and Pastrnak, and we know Krejci is inconsistent with Debrusk and INSERT JAG HERE, but we don’t know if Bergeron can produce with debrusk and the JAG. They are foolish to not at least see what they might have there.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've never witnessed such a see-saw place, after a couple of wins the B's are cup winners in waiting, a loss or two and the world is ending! I view it as a sign of passion rather than anything else and I must admit I also find it fascinating to observe :laugh:.

if it makes you feel any better, it`s not different than any of the other boards I peruse here

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
100 percent yes

We know Krejci can produce with marchand and Pastrnak, and we know Krejci is inconsistent with Debrusk and INSERT JAG HERE, but we don’t know if Bergeron can produce with debrusk and the JAG. They are foolish to not at least see what they might have there.

Marchand-Bergeron
Krejci-Pastrnak

A good compromise I'd think.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
if it makes you feel any better, it`s not different than any of the other boards I peruse here

Don't get me wrong I think it's great! I don't know if its hockey fans or American sports fans in general but you are all a mad bunch of wonderful lunatics when it comes to your sports teams and I'm delighted I've discovered it. Passion personified.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Don't get me wrong I think it's great! I don't know if its hockey fans or American sports fans in general but you are all a mad bunch of wonderful lunatics when it comes to your sports teams and I'm delighted I've discovered it. Passion personified.

at least my insanity comes with the comfort of having fellow fans doing the same:laugh:

I have some concerns over this lineup but think the B`s have the assets to make a deal which would significantly improve their chances, easier said than done of course but pieces are there and no way DS and company don`t see what we do.

I have serious concerns over Halak right now, were heading into or are in 2nd half of the season, can`t be letting in softies game in and out. Now, to be fair, all goalies, starters and otherwise give up softies but it`s the timing of it, look at the goal he had scored by Backstrom recently, immediately following a Bruin goal, just a killer. Rask was suffering the same fate earlier this year too. I also understand that the pressure on both the goalies is immense right now with the lack of production from the team but I`ll put my money on Rask 8 days a week to step up long before Halak but I also want Rask to be well rested come playoff time and if Halak is letting in consistent softies, Butch just can`t go to him with pts being up for grabs.

Something is up with the Bergy line, out of sync, Bergy not the same, think some lingering issues with his shoulder or whatever is going on, the week off will help.

Tough one coming tonight, Blues likely sitting in Boston waiting for the B`s, we shall see

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Only 1pt out of 4 this Week against two bad teams (Mtl-Phi).

At least they Don't have to wait much to redeem themselves. But they just have to win. Can't lose 3 in a row against Mtl-Phi-Stl. Wasted points.

Glad Backes is in for Acciari. Would have sat Miller instead of Gryz.

Hopefully, Sweeney makes sure Schenn doesn't leave town after the game tonight. Do it Don. Wake up.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've never witnessed such a see-saw place, after a couple of wins the B's are cup winners in waiting, a loss or two and the world is ending! I view it as a sign of passion rather than anything else and I must admit I also find it fascinating to observe :laugh:.

Trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet, wait til trade deadline day !!! :biglaugh:

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Lol Carter Heart was CHL goalie of the year 2 years in a row which no goalie has ever done before and lead team Canada Juniors to gold medal. He is literally the best goalie prospect in the world except it looks like he is not a prospect anymore.

I hope that isn't supposed to mean something to me. I couldn't care less about the CHL or team Canada junior hockey. I really can't believe people here (and even on the Flyers board) are making such a big deal about my post. Sorry I don't keep up with every hockey prospect in the universe, I have other interests..........Flyers minor league players aren't one of them.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There ARE times when it is annoying :D

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I hope that isn't supposed to mean something to me. I couldn't care less about the CHL or team Canada junior hockey. I really can't believe people here (and even on the Flyers board) are making such a big deal about my post. Sorry I don't keep up with every hockey prospect in the universe, I have other interests..........Flyers minor league players aren't one of them.
You made a point that no one other than his immediate family knew who he was. Pretty silly statement.

Reactions: shoulders7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad