GDT: Game 47: Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders - 1/14/2020 - 7 PM

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Blashill gotta be fired after this... I mean... This has got to be a cruel joke. It's simply amazing there is how many millions of dollars on the ice and bench and this is the product?!

Rebuilding or not.

I mean you can spend million of dollars on literal dog shit and it doesn’t change the fact that it’s dog shit and probably smells.

This game is disgusting though. I don’t know at this point who deserves the criticism.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
Blashill gotta be fired after this... I mean... This has got to be a cruel joke. It's simply amazing there is how many millions of dollars on the ice and bench and this is the product?!

Rebuilding or not.

Not gonna happen.
If Blashill is still here after all that has happened this season Yzerman is not gonna fire him for this.
We are stuck with Blash until at least the offseason.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Toews needs to protect himself better than that.

I don’t understand the trend of intentionally turning your back to a player coming in.

But judging by Luke’s body position, he looked like he wanted to brace and create a board battle, not drive Toews head first into the board.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That whole Anna Kendrick- Beauvillier segment was worth watching this game.

Ken and Trevor: can’t blame him for trying for Anna Kendrick

Mick: who’s Anna Kendrick?

Ken: never mind...

RoyalDoubleMcCheesie

Aug 31, 2008
That whole Anna Kendrick- Beauvillier segment was worth watching this game.

Ken and Trevor: can’t blame him for trying for Anna Kendrick

Mick: who’s Anna Kendrick?

It was like they just gave up calling the game for a bit and went all TMZ for a minute or 2 lol

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Yzerman is seemingly okay with being historically bad. Otherwise you can't explain why Blashill is still here come start of business tomorrow.

Reactions: Sentinel

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yzerman is seemingly okay with being historically bad. Otherwise you can't explain why Blashill is still here come start of business tomorrow.

Though I am always in haste, I am never in a hurry.

We currently are historically bad. What do we gain by becoming less than historically bad this year? Why fire him and get the pick of only the best coaches who aren’t coaching a team in the middle of the year when you can suck and finish out and have a bigger choice at end of season

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

Two things, first I doubt Yzerman OK'd an extension on Blash just to fire him less than a year in. I also doubt that Yzerman expected to Wings to be much better than what they are currently regardless of injuries or coaching decisions. In his recent interview he explains the differences between rebuilding the the Lightning and the Wings. He said the main difference was when he went to Tampa he already had Stamkos and Hedman to build around and that he didn't inherit anything close to that coming to Detroit, I think he's trying to get his Stamkos/Hedman level building blocks which are easiest to get at the top of the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad