Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - Une frustrante défaite à domicile contre Montréal - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
2 out of 3 games where we thoroughly out play the opposition and still lose. We need to address our scoring depth.

I didn`t think the B`s thoroughly outplayed the Habs. On the shot clock it would appear that way but Price was given the luxury of seeing the puck all night with the exception of the Krejci goal. Thought the 3rd was all Bruins, thought the first two periods were heavy on perimeter shots

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
We need to address our scoring depth.

I agree, but how?

One has to give up something to get something. Nobody is going to give the Bruins a 35-goal scorer in exchange for a bag of magic beans. It’s going to cost. Do the Bruins have the capital to get that scoring depth? That’s the $64,000 question.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I didn`t think the B`s thoroughly outplayed the Habs. On the shot clock it would appear that way but Price was given the luxury of seeing the puck all night with the exception of the Krejci goal. Thought the 3rd was all Bruins, thought the first two periods were heavy on perimeter shots

The Bruins had a bunch of high quality scoring chances all game, and couldn't capitalize. Though, like always, the majority of those chances were generated by the first line.

Reactions: Ladyfan

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s not a buyer market. Many teams still in it. Every GM is going to wait till the TD to maximize their return. Good luck getting a deal done now.
Krejci had a great game. Where is this guy in the other games? Last night he needed a guy to score on his wing. Other nights he’s a floater. Which is it?

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I agree, but how?

One has to give up something to get something. Nobody is going to give the Bruins a 35-goal scorer in exchange for a bag of magic beans. It’s going to cost. Do the Bruins have the capital to get that scoring depth? That’s the $64,000 question.

I think the Bruins have what it takes to add a second line scorer - the $64000 question is do they want to give up what it takes.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Someone else said Bergeron looked hurt too.

I thought Backes looked hurt, only played 11:40 with no aggression. Miller only played 12:28, wonder what that fight took out of him.

Maybe its just that the Bruins usually look "hurt" against the Habs.
Something was defiantly up with Pasta. He is usually a smiling ray of positive energy and he looked pissed and upset early in the game.

I hope Kevan isn't hurt. I asked him if he was Ok when he went by me and he nodded his head but he could be hurt. The boys on the bench gave him a nice ovation when he got out of the box and skated back to the bench. I like having him out on the ice. They play the stinking Flyers next and someone usually gets hurt.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
agreed, embarrassing how many shorties they have given up this year. Frustrating tilt, the boys didn`t start playing until the 3rd then ironically, it was the kid line who forced the DOG penalty with some terrific fore checking including Donato who forced the D man and Heinen who made a terrific hit on, I believe Benn to start it up.

You can`t play younger players and not expect ebbs and flows, it happens, haven`t liked JD`s game in recent week and a half, looks tired out there but it happens, Butch so quick to switch things up, he`s the opposite of Julien who was stubborn to make one in game change

Bruins PP has been great this year because of all the motion they use. Of course that leaves some players out on top occasionally where they are not comfortable. But most of all it force the PK to move. So rather than being flatfooted on the PK, guys are moving and when a mistake is made by the Bruins, they have a better chance to get possession while on the fly.

A work in progress, right now taking the good with the bad.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Something was defiantly up with Pasta. He is usually a smiling ray of positive energy and he looked pissed and upset early in the game.

I hope Kevan isn't hurt. I asked him if he was Ok when he went by me and he nodded his head but he could be hurt. The boys on the bench gave him a nice ovation when he got out of the box and skated back to the bench. I like having him out on the ice. They play the stinking Flyers next and someone usually gets hurt.

Maybe Pasta's still pissed at Debrusk for doinkin' him in warmups last game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bruins PP has been great this year because of all the motion they use. Of course that leaves some players out on top occasionally where they are not comfortable. But most of all it force the PK to move. So rather than being flatfooted on the PK, guys are moving and when a mistake is made by the Bruins, they have a better chance to get possession while on the fly.

A work in progress, right now taking the good with the bad.

I understand the system, what I would like to see is that 2nd unit providing a different look, doesn`t change the fact that this team gives up shorties far too often and any way you cut it, unacceptable

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Price played like it was 2015, and juggling players did not beat him.
Time for help, not hope.

he made some nice saves but I guess I saw things differently, saw Price for the first two periods face far too many shots from the outside and/or with 0 traffic

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

interesting, JD just hasn`t looked "right' for last week or two, not nearly as engaged along the walls, had spurts and I thought it was more of an issue with consistency, wondering if maybe he`s got some bumps/bruises to contend with

Reactions: lopey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
interesting, JD just hasn`t looked "right' for last week or two, not nearly as engaged along the walls, had spurts and I thought it was more of an issue with consistency, wondering if maybe he`s got some bumps/bruises to contend with
Probably why Bruce called him out after the game for his lack of compete.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm surprised Nordy is skating this soon.

Wonder if it was a stress or hairline fracture.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I understand the system, what I would like to see is that 2nd unit providing a different look, doesn`t change the fact that this team gives up shorties far too often and any way you cut it, unacceptable

Agreed.

Perhaps even more unusual is the fact that the B's have only scored 1 shorty this season. Florida the only other team with just one.
Calgary have 14.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad