Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - Une frustrante défaite à domicile contre Montréal - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Well they clearly outplayed Montreal and closed the gap to Toronto by a point, so while a little disappointing not a bad result in the big picture. I hope Sweeney's 4 game evaluation window has cleared up what has been obvious for the past 4 years: Krejci needs a quality winger.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
It's just bad that we've known since last season it existed. Prospects got their chance and aren't ready. A trade must be made, and not for a rental. Krejci was incredible. And alone.

Last season? I wish it was only that long. Nathan Horton was the last RW he had success with unless you liked Iginla's short stay. I was actually hoping for a total move out of left field that would really shake things up:

Bring in a 2nd line LW and RW.

Hear me out. Now DeBrusk is down on the third line with JFK and Donato/Heinen/Bjork making that third line that much better. I know it won't happen given that the 2nd line RW hasn't been addressed but that would really spread the wealth in a way we haven't discussed before.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Got a point and further demonstrated that we need one more legit top 6 guy

Thought they were the better team, they just couldn’t finish. Maybe one more high quality offensive player does the trick.

Sick goal by Petry though

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Just got home from the game.

The biggest disappointment I feel tonight isn't that the Bruins lost. Or who they lost to. Or how they lost. It's that for the first time in my life, I can't discuss or talk about a game that I went to with my old man. My dad passed away last Tuesday night, and it's been a rough week/weekend.

Those of you who know me a little bit know how much my family means to me, and how much the Bruins are woven into the fabric of my family. Dad took me to my first game (Game 2 of the 1988 Adams Division Semi-Final vs. Buffalo) when I was 13 years old. He took my brothers and I to several other games when he could get tickets right behind the glass at ice-level. When I grew up and had my own job and my own money, I would take him. We could only afford one or two games a season, but the Bruins never once lost a game that dad came to with me. Not one. So many happy memories. Blowouts. Thrillers. Hat tricks. Fights. We saw it all as a family.

Dad also loved talking about the good old days of Bobby Orr, Derek Sanderson, and the rest of that gang. He really had a hard time keeping track of all the guys playing today ("and all these expansion teams!"), but he remembered the lineups and characters of yesteryear pretty well.

About a month ago he looked me right in the eye and said this would be his last Christmas. He was really sick, and as much as I didn't want to believe it, I knew it was the God's honest truth. So, for an early Christmas present I got him "If These Walls Could Talk" by Dale Arnold. Not a bad last Christmas present, right? Every day on the ride home from work I would call and ask him if he had read any of it during the day, but he was always feeling too lousy to sit and read anything. When he asked me if I wanted him to read it so badly so I could have it when he was done, I had to tell him that I really didn't care if I read it or not - I just wanted to hear him talk about the book. He never did read the book, and I'm not sure when I'll be ready to.

The sport of hockey in general and the Boston Bruins in particular has a way of touching lives and making memories. My wife and I went tonight and we'll never forget tonight's game as long as we live. Every person who goes out of his or her way to post on this forum has a story. How and why they're a fan, going to games with friends and family, thrilling victories, and bitter defeats. And memories - we all have memories.

Everyone has a story, and that's mine for tonight.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

The biggest disappointment I feel tonight isn't that the Bruins lost. Or who they lost to. Or how they lost. It's that for the first time in my life, I can't discuss or talk about a game that I went to with my old man. My dad passed away last Tuesday night, and it's been a rough week/weekend.

Those of you who know me a little bit know how much my family means to me, and how much the Bruins are woven into the fabric of my family. Dad took me to my first game (Game 2 of the 1988 Adams Division Semi-Final vs. Buffalo) when I was 13 years old. He took my brothers and I to several other games when he could get tickets right behind the glass at ice-level. When I grew up and had my own job and my own money, I would take him. We could only afford one or two games a season, but the Bruins never once lost a game that dad came to with me. Not one. So many happy memories. Blowouts. Thrillers. Hat tricks. Fights. We saw it all as a family.

Dad also loved talking about the good old days of Bobby Orr, Derek Sanderson, and the rest of that gang. He really had a hard time keeping track of all the guys playing today ("and all these expansion teams!"), but he remembered the lineups and characters of yesteryear pretty well.

About a month ago he looked me right in the eye and said this would be his last Christmas. He was really sick, and as much as I didn't want to believe it, I knew it was the God's honest truth. So, for an early Christmas present I got him "If These Walls Could Talk" by Dale Arnold. Not a bad last Christmas present, right? Every day on the ride home from work I would call and ask him if he had read any of it during the day, but he was always feeling too lousy to sit and read anything. When he asked me if I wanted him to read it so badly so I could have it when he was done, I had to tell him that I really didn't care if I read it or not - I just wanted to hear him talk about the book. He never did read the book, and I'm not sure when I'll be ready to.

The sport of hockey in general and the Boston Bruins in particular has a way of touching lives and making memories. My wife and I went tonight and we'll never forget tonight's game as long as we live. Every person who goes out of his or her way to post on this forum has a story. How and why they're a fan, going to games with friends and family, thrilling victories, and bitter defeats. And memories - we all have memories.

Hang in there, buddy. You're in my thoughts <3

Reactions: rfournier103

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

There is a DNA component to being a Bruins fan that only the Red Sox can match or exceed.

Hang in there.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bruins played a solid game except for that shorthanded mishap.
I'll say this and prepare to get roasted.......I keep Gryz 10-10 over Krug on defence. He is an absolute nightmare in his own end. Gryz is so much better.
With cap space, overall defence awareness, trade Krug, keep Gryz.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Bruins played well and had no puck luck tonight. They need to stop the SHGs, obviously...leading the league? Yikes! No one's fault that we lost and I will never understand why some fans have to find a scapegoat for every goal, every loss... you would think it is not a team sport.

Stole a point thanks to Krejci and the Leafs blew a 2-0 lead to lose 6-3, and Buffalo got spanked. Pretty good night!

Reactions: Orr Fourever

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Agree that those are bigger issues, but it takes all cylinders firing come playoff time. Having a more effective 4th line in the Ozone can make a difference. You're correct that Acciari seems to have cemented a spot. I like the guy and his hustle, but he's just not well rounded enough to the point he should be on a contending team.

hopefully he is out when Nord comes back.

Reactions: missingchicklet

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

My condolences on your loss. I am a Habs fan but I would have gladly taken a loss last night if it could have given you one more game to discuss with your Dad. My father is still with us and I call him after pretty much every game, sometimes like today- the morning after the game on my drive in to work. My father too talks about the glory days of the game when they didn't wear helmuts and he could recognize guys from their hair. That is so true of sport- it brings families together even when we live 2000 miles apart like my dad and I.

I don't know if you have kids but when/if you do make sure you do for them what your dad did for you and continue the tradition.

Hang in there and cherish the memories of the good times.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Damn dust in my eyes, where's the Kleenex box when you need it?

Seriously, losing a parent is one of the hardest things to endure. You & your dad will be in my prayers.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

Sorry for your loss buddy. I've been there. It will get better with time but never the same. And, yes, the Bruins have always been a constant salve during difficult times. Except in the mid to late 90's, They exacerbated the pain back then...

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I don't understand how a coach can be so blind to an idea that is clearly not working. I would be much happier with two D on the point on the PP and get an occasional goal rather than Pasta standing there, who I'm not sure can even skate backwards, giving up goals on the PP. It's not just the goals given up either, there have been numerous short handed chances that Rask and Halak have stopped.

All 30 coaches in the league are just designing their PK's to pressure Pasta knowing he's going to cough up the puck. So incredibly frustrating.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
For those of us who are still feeling LOSSagainstTHEHabs Hangover Syndrome, I give you some Toronto frustration:

PS: I am not affiliated with Steve in any way and am not pushing his product. Just find his videos endlessly entertaining and even therapeutic.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I thought the Kid Line was particularly invisible last night with the exception of Donato. JFK was horrendous. That venture in the D zone where he had his back turned to the puck carrier was amateur. Can't think of one area where he was a factor. I was an advocate of him getting a shot. But he won't last if he doesn't improve on his effort.

Loved the Miller fight like everyone else, but the momentum appeared to turn after it. May have been better off passing that one up.

McAvoy with the mistake backing in way too much on Domi cost them the game. Would have liked to see Krug start the OT.

And Backes looked slower than molasses again. Just brutal to watch him against a speedy team. He looked like a fourth line right wing last night.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If I were krejci I'd demand a rwinger or trade me. In the meantime he deserves pastrnak
Bergeron could stay with March and give him Backes.. personally I'd give Donato instead of finished Backes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad