2F17w.jpg

2F14u.jpg

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Probably going to miss most of the game. Hate it when we travel to a team in the eastern time zone after DST starts. 4:30 p.m. start time = :shakehead

Then I have to leave to go play myself around 7 since it's out in Peoria, but at least I can catch the ending on the radio in the car if it's worth it.

I've mentioned it many times now, but with our playoff hopes hanging on by a weak thread, it would at least feel good to stab the Red Wings' playoff hopes in the heart on national TV.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
"@cmorgancbsfoxaz: All hands on deck MT @ToddWalsh #Coyotes HC Dave Tippett confirms Lauri Korpikoski & Derek Morris will be ready to play tonight in Detroit."

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
If its not us, I'd rather the wings make it. The BJ's can't beat the hawks in a 7 game series. If we are not going to make it, loose out.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm digging this GDT. Whatever happens tonight, I hope the guys leave it all out on the ice.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Nice-except you have 2 Gordon-3rd and 4th line.

I knew I screwed up somewhere. :facepalm:

Had to manually edit Bolduc in since they didn't have a 100 pixel icon for him. Resized a 250 so it looks grainy.

Meant to put him with Chipchura and Brown. With Korpi back I would redo the 4th line with him in it but now I'm on my way to work and can't fix it from my phone. :(

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Simple yet awesome GDT. Good job.

Well, this is it boys. We have the chance of ruining the red wings playoff hopes for the first time in 21 seasons for them.

Just do it.

pfp

Sep 4, 2007
We are not making the playoffs.
A good consolation prize would be helping the Red Wings miss it too.

tokr

Jan 10, 2013
C'mon guys, - time to gag the fat lady and not let her out of the trunk 'till Saturday ;)

ps: Redwings suck!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don't actually hate the Wings, really. The only thing I hate about them are their fans in Arizona. I don't actually believe those fans actually follow the team in the regular season or truly have enough of a vested interest to notice or care if they fail to qualify. It's my observation that a great many of those fans that I hate really only use Wings playoff games as an excuse to drink. If the Wings aren't in, they'll find another excuse. I'd rather have a better draft pick than find satisfaction in denying them an easier reason to drink sixteen cans of Busch Light and pass out before removing their trucker hats from their mullets.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
The Coyotes don't have hot water in their dressing room tonight.

Not sure if the Wings are trying to be *******s, or if the city of Detroit couldn't afford it.

That's what that was about on twitter? Damn that sucks.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I don't actually hate the Wings, really. The only thing I hate about them are their fans in Arizona. I don't actually believe those fans actually follow the team in the regular season or truly have enough of a vested interest to notice or care if they fail to qualify. It's my observation that a great many of those fans that I hate really only use Wings playoff games as an excuse to drink. If the Wings aren't in, they'll find another excuse. I'd rather have a better draft pick than find satisfaction in denying them an easier reason to drink sixteen cans of Busch Light and pass out before removing their trucker hats from their mullets.

For me, if I hate the fans I hate the team. I hate the Red Wings.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
For me, if I hate the fans I hate the team. I hate the Red Wings.

I couldn't be a fan, but IMO the Red Wings have always played a great brand of hockey. They're usually well coached and play a complete game, with contributions from lots of players. Good D, good system, a lot of skill and puck possession, they're usually fun to watch.

And then, on top of it all, there's Datsyuk, who I think might be the best all-around player of the past 10 years, with mad skills. His will, demeanor, offensive output, quietness, defensive skills, puck handling, skating... I just love everything about the guy.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
90% of Wings and Hawks fans in Phoenix are like that. They talk about how much better their teams are, and say how much they love Dat-sookie and Johnathan Toes.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I couldn't be a fan, but IMO the Red Wings have always played a great brand of hockey. They're usually well coached and play a complete game, with contributions from lots of players. Good D, good system, a lot of skill and puck possession, they're usually fun to watch.

And then, on top of it all, there's Datsyuk, who I think might be the best all-around player of the past 10 years, with mad skills. His will, demeanor, offensive output, quietness, defensive skills, puck handling, skating... I just love everything about the guy.

Agreed. But the arrogance of their fans ruins it for me.

Zetterberg is personally one of my favorite players. He plays such a complete game. Amazing player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad