Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - DEATH, TAXES AND ANOTHER LOSS TO WASHINGTON - Caps 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Acciari just standing still on OV's goal when Carlo passes the puck to him....
I was saying the 4th line was doing a good job against the Caps top line, then that happened hah

I don't think Halak saw that puck on the 3rd goal at all. Backstrom used the screen perfectly and it was a well placed shot. He had a much better chance with the Ovechkin goal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think Halak saw that puck on the 3rd goal at all. Backstrom used the screen perfectly and it was a well placed shot. He had a much better chance with the Ovechkin goal

It was an absolute softie and if Tuukka had of been the one who let it in the internet would be broken today. Ovi`s goal was as sick as can be, no chance there and that one is on Acciari IMO, all he did behind the net was his usual poke the puck forward routine rather than gather it and make a strong play or eat the puck, gift wrapped it , Ovi zipped a sublime short side roofer.

Frustrating game, the bottom 6 on the B`s vastly outplayed the top 6 and the PP was terrible

Reactions: gillesgilbert

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
John Moore is a scratch? Yeah this team doesn’t need any depth on D....sheesh

Still showcasing Gryz this is expected and they love him with Killer. Moore way better than Miller IMO

I actually kinda disgusted that Moore is the odd-man out. Him and Gryz are the only two guys even close to playing every game this year. Cassidy keeps talking about going with the guys who got them here, isn't that Moore? He's done nothing to warrant being taken out of the line-up. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Cassidy is explaining to Moore why he's the guy coming out.

Meanwhile Kevan Miller since his return has been kinda underwhelming. Not that he's been bad, and I don't dislike Miller, but to these eyes he's clearly the 7th best D-man on this team.

Reactions: lopey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I actually kinda disgusted that Moore is the odd-man out. Him and Gryz are the only two guys even close to playing every game this year. Cassidy keeps talking about going with the guys who got them here, isn't that Moore? He's done nothing to warrant being taken out of the line-up. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Cassidy is explaining to Moore why he's the guy coming out.

Meanwhile Kevan Miller since his return has been kinda underwhelming. Not that he's been bad, and I don't dislike Miller, but to these eyes he's clearly the 7th best D-man on this team.

didn`t like Miller`s game last night at all, thought the Caps/B`s tilt was his kind of game but he was invisible. He didn`t play poorly, just thought we`d notice him out there as far as the physicality aspect goes but he was nowhere to be found.

Obviously that first goal on Moore and Krug but last week or two really noticed Moore looking far more comfortable out there and playing very good hockey, don`t like seeing him being a scratch if that`s what happens

Reactions: BruinDust

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hate that Marchand did that. I think he kind of owed Eller a fight there, he did get the jump on him in the first one and Eller is a non fighter. I'm not a fan of the Bruins pulling the Montreal approach.

He didn't owe Eller anything. Eller chirped the B's in the 7-0 beating, Marchand responded....should be over. Eller is an idiot and thought he could get Marchand off his game, Marchand was smarter. Nothing to be ashamed of.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He didn't owe Eller anything. Eller chirped the B's in the 7-0 beating, Marchand responded....should be over. Eller is an idiot and thought he could get Marchand off his game, Marchand was smarter. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Marchand showed rare discipline in a game where the B`s were down a goal and him engaging Eller would have hurt the team as I think Eller was getting dinged with a penalty already

If the game was lopsided for one team or another, I have little doubt Marshy would have obliged and Eller likely would be leaking all over TD ice

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Our D situation gets somewhat “tough” when they’re all healthy.

At least 7, if not all 8 of those guys on some NHL teams are easily NHL players.

I don’t expect it to last, but if it does, I’m very interested to see how they handle it. I really do not feel good about using Gryz as a trade piece at the deadline, but perhaps that is what will be necessary.

If either one of McAvoy and/or Krug go out after he is traded, I’m pretty worried. I mean, Kampfer is a nice “safety” and all but can he really reach another gear for the PO’s?

All this is pretty obvious, but worth stating due to its very real possibility. On the bright side, there is talent on the back end in Providence as well.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Our D situation gets somewhat “tough” when they’re all healthy.

At least 7, if not all 8 of those guys on some NHL teams are easily NHL players.

I don’t expect it to last, but if it does, I’m very interested to see how they handle it. I really do not feel good about using Gryz as a trade piece at the deadline, but perhaps that is what will be necessary.

If either one of McAvoy and/or Krug go out after he is traded, I’m pretty worried. I mean, Kampfer is a nice “safety” and all but can he really reach another gear for the PO’s?

All this is pretty obvious, but worth stating due to its very real possibility. On the bright side, there is talent on the back end in Providence as well.

sure is, some would argue great problems to have

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I like Miller as well but he's the most overrated bottom pairing defenseman in the NHL. I mean he has 13 giveaways in 18 games, where a guy like Moore has 15 in 41, playing a way more dangerous game. I don't love Moore on his right side, but even then I think he's still better.

Reactions: BruinDust

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Quaider will be at the Garden Jan 19th.

The fans had better give him a standing ovation! What a Bruin Adam is.

I am making a sign "BRING BACK QUAIDER"

Excellent! I've been following him with the Rangers on MSG but it's just not the same. He was born to be a Bruin.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just think if that was a Bruin who kind of got jumped and then wanted a piece of the Capitals player next game and the Capitals player turtled, we would be all over him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I just think if that was a Bruin who kind of got jumped and then wanted a piece of the Capitals player next game and the Capitals player turtled, we would be all over him.

of course we would cuz that`s what we do:laugh:

I was actually pleasantly surprised Marchand didn`t oblige, while I don`t like watching a Bruin turn the cheek it`s completely understandable in the context of last night`s game.

Marchand already had Eller drinking his dinner out of a straw after their last tilt, he`s not in any way afraid to drop them with the guy

B`s down a goal, going to the PP for a team who can`t score 5 on 5 and Marchand is a huge piece of the PP as much as Eller is a big part of the Caps PK

Smart move, loads of time for those two to settle any score they may have with one another

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
of course we would cuz that`s what we do:laugh:

I was actually pleasantly surprised Marchand didn`t oblige, while I don`t like watching a Bruin turn the cheek it`s completely understandable in the context of last night`s game.

Marchand already had Eller drinking his dinner out of a straw after their last tilt, he`s not in any way afraid to drop them with the guy

B`s down a goal, going to the PP for a team who can`t score 5 on 5 and Marchand is a huge piece of the PP as much as Eller is a big part of the Caps PK

Smart move, loads of time for those two to settle any score they may have with one another
I get it, don't get me wrong. I understand why he did what he did, that's for sure... I just don't like it, and never will. I hated that same approach the Habs tried night in and night out against the Bruins, they'd be doing what Marchand did the entire night and It would drive me nuts. I'm not going to change my stance on it now.

Don't like it at all, but I understand it. If that makes sense.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I get it, don't get me wrong. I understand why he did what he did, that's for sure... I just don't like it, and never will. I hated that same approach the Habs tried night in and night out against the Bruins, they'd be doing what Marchand did the entire night and It would drive me nuts. I'm not going to change my stance on it now.

makes total sense, what makes me cringe more is reading those post game comments from that tough guy Eller

“[You] can't fight a guy that doesn't want to fight. Everybody saw what he is. I don't know what else to say,” said Lars Eller postgame in an interview that aired on NESN. “We got out of here with two points. We got what we wanted. I don’t think there’s a lot of integrity in his game.”
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/br...als-say-not-lot-integrity-brad-marchands-game

This is good locker room billboard material for the future. I have little doubt Marchand and Eller aren`t done but I get what your saying, felt the same, thankfully Marchand has, during his career, shown some willingness to drop the mitts occasionally and can`t be accused of doing this thing all the time

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Since the Kuraly OT game he's been on some other planet. Acciari ice time, line management, outside of the system being more open for speed he really is turning more into Claude as time goes on. Hopefully when Sweeney gets Krejci's winger it all changes.

Acciari played just a couple seconds less than DeBrusk yesterday. Wake up Cassidy.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

So to turn it around, when Marchand skated by the Canucks bench pretending he was raising the Stanley Cup, and someone later in that game decided to fight him, he should try to fight again in the next game? Shouldn't it be finished with?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I agree, I have very mixed feelings about what Marchand did. I get it but I don't like it.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

He was asked about it in the locker room immediately after the game, he said there was no screen and he just missed it with the glove. He could be lying and just owning it, which i can respect, but either way he knows he should’ve had it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad