Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - DEATH, TAXES AND ANOTHER LOSS TO WASHINGTON - Caps 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
we have definitely noticed the hab like tactics, thats for sure.
I don't want Marchand fighting a random 3rd line center who has never scored 40 points just because Eller was embarrassed he couldn't handle little Marchy the first time.

I bet if Backes (an example since he shouldn't fight) skated to Eller he would bail as well.

Fights in general should happen. Not with our skill players.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Strong words of a player whose ego was wounded last time after taunting the Bruins bench in a blowout. He is simply ashamed of himself and trying to cope. He probably dreamed of this 'rematch' with Marchand for months and envisioned TKOing Marchand, crowds chanting his name.

Reactions: lopey

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
we have definitely noticed the hab like tactics, thats for sure.
can you elaborate.. or are you just going to keep typing the same thing over and over again. just for the heads up, that's the play style of the entire league now. the bruins rank 3rd in most fights this year, the only "hab like tactic," being displayed is on your end, writing s*** about the team you root for

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
can you elaborate.. or are you just going to keep typing the same thing over and over again. just for the heads up, that's the play style of the entire league now. the bruins rank 3rd in most fights this year, the only "hab like tactic," being displayed is on your end, writing s*** about the team you root for

So now we have become so pacifist we cant discuss things that happen in the game 12 hours ago? Yay we outshot them. We had 5 power plays, I'd hope we outshoot them.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
So now we have become so pacifist we cant discuss things that happen in the game 12 hours ago?
i'm fine with discussion, i mentioned a bunch of things in my post about the game.. its not a discussion, when you are just incorrectly badgering the team's toughness and relating them to the canadiens.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
41 shots. Holtby outplayed Halak. Don't overthink it and move on.
Other than the third goal I wouldn’t blame Halak,he actually made some big saves,I figured were sure goals.Bruins played pretty well offensively,but couldn’t bury their chances although I thought Holtby made it look pretty easy .Bruins we’re guilty of some terrible defensive mistakes and it cost them.The Bruins are guilty constantly of leaving their goalies hung out to dry.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
i'm fine with discussion, i mentioned a bunch of things in my post about the game.. its not a discussion, when you are just incorrectly badgering the team's toughness and relating them to the canadiens.

You cant really expect Marchand to not catch flack for that turtle. Cmon

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I will just deal with the goalie. We play Toronto Saturday which is a more important game than this was despite what many of you may think . Halek has proven to be far more than a back up and we can use him in big spots . Last of all Halek did not suck , he made a lot of big saves . Due to the soft third goal I cant say he played great but I would be if he could erase that one.

I take your point about Toronto's game.
Halak has proven he can be a very good goalie. His play last few weeks however indicates he is in a slump.
As to Rask, he cannot hide from Washington forever. Sooner or later he has to face them. Yesterday could have been a perfect opportunity to slay the demon as he is on the roll. I think Cassidy looked too much into Rask's numbers vs Washington.

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
I’ve been reading posts on this board for years now and sometimes they just make my head want to explode!!
This hate on Marchand for finally NOT taking a penalty is crazy to me! We constantly moan and complain about Marchand and his selfish, retaliatory penalties, to the point that some posters say we’d be better off without him. So he finally keeps his cool and still gets ripped?
I understand it’s a bad look but shouldn’t we want 1 of our best players on the ice trying to tie up the game instead of in the box with possibly a broken hand??
Also, we have to remember this all started becaused Ellers (and how ironic is it that he’s talking about a player having integrity?) buzzes the bruins bench after scoring a meaningless goal in a rout, which led to Marchand tuning him up. According to those unwritten rules of the game, when you show up a team you take your lumps, the end. What are they suppose to do, fight everytime they play each other?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thought the B's dominated this game start to finish. Holtby is just other worldly when we play him and frankly, the B's need to get nasty to fix that. Hack him, whack him, get in his space, kick at his feet, tug on his gloves, fall on him...

The other thing that really stood out to me was Krug getting tossed around like a rag doll. I'm a Krug guy, but his shortcomings were really highlighted. It reminded me of the playoffs last year and it makes me nervous... Most nights his offense is well worth the gaffes but when the play gets heavy it gets harder for him to do his thing.
The Hobbit misses McQuaid.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Strong words of a player whose ego was wounded last time after taunting the Bruins bench in a blowout. He is simply ashamed of himself and trying to cope. He probably dreamed of this 'rematch' with Marchand for months and envisioned TKOing Marchand, crowds chanting his name.

I give him props. Better than Sedin and pretending like he was never embarrassed by Marchand. Also, Eller feels he was "jumped" (I don't exactly see it that way) and wanted another shot, face to face. Hopefully at some point Marchand will oblige, from an entertainment stand point.

I understand why Marchand pummeled Eller, he deserved it for the taunting, but I also understand why he didn't like Marchand coming from the side fists of fury. Makes for some fun for sure.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk
Donato-JFK-Heinen
Kuraly-Acciari-Wasgner

can we please just try this for a couple games. That second line is killing us.
Backes can go watch a couple games to be honest.

Cehlarik on Krejci's line is beating the dead horse.
I think there has to be a personal animosity from Cassidy towards Cehlarik. I see no other logical explanation at this point. Even Senyshyn or Frederic would look better than Backes at this point. One has to think if Sweeney is really in the driver seat as GM.
Cehlarik despite his sulk period and off nights put a good numbers in Providence, currently second in scoring. If Cassidy's ego is bigger than being a professional coach he is not gonna last long.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
This was an issue last year as well, but I think it's gotten worse this year with the secondary scoring woes.

Way too many perimeter low danger shots.

If the there are bodies in front of the goalie, when these shots happen, it is a lot different than a shot from these positions that the goalie can clearly see.
Is that tracked ? B's had a lot of players in front of Holtby most of the night.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
If the there are bodies in front of the goalie, when these shots happen, it is a lot different than a shot from these positions that the goalie can clearly see.
Is that tracked ? B's had a lot of players in front of Holtby most of the night.

I didn’t think so. Chart is exactly to what I saw. Bruins had a lot of possession just not enough penetration which resulted in low quality shots

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Pretty accurate actually. It was a gutless move, I hate the fact the league allows it. Give them both unsportsmanlikes and be done with it. When Thornton challenged Weiss a few years ago and Weiss turtled but got a minor and no power play I thought it was great, I'm sure a huge percentage of Bruins fans did as well. This is the same thing so if you are ok with what Claude Lemieux made a living doing or were good with Weiss getting a matching minor saying what Marchand did was smart is nothing but hypocrisy.

If you think it was a "smart" play and the right call it is Habs hockey and there fan base has clung to this type of hockey for years.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Cehlarik on Krejci's line is beating the dead horse.
I think there has to be a personal animosity from Cassidy towards Cehlarik. I see no other logical explanation at this point. Even Senyshyn or Frederic would look better than Backes at this point. One has to think if Sweeney is really in the driver seat as GM.
Cehlarik despite his sulk period and off nights put a good numbers in Providence, currently second in scoring. If Cassidy's ego is bigger than being a professional coach he is not gonna last long.
He didn't the first time around for pretty much the same reasons

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You cant really expect Marchand to not catch flack for that turtle. Cmon
Of course he's going to catch flak for a turtle.

Personally, I don't love seeing players turtle like that, but I also don't have an issue with it for one reason. Eller was on a fresh shift, and waited until Marchand was at the end of a long shift to pick his spot to engage him. That's a gutless, sissy move. Much like taunting a bench in a season opener blowout. He's a clown and I, and clearly other players, have zero respect for him. He acted like a dbag, got his face punched in, not "jumped", and that should've been the end of it.

Let's be serious, it's not like Brad hoped on the ice, and Eller immediately engages him and he's turtled. Pretty big difference.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This was an issue last year as well, but I think it's gotten worse this year with the secondary scoring woes.

Way too many perimeter low danger shots.

This has been driving me insane since this losing streak began. They're not going to beat Washington by shooting from the blue line, they need to get in close and disrupt Holtby's concentration. For awhile last night I thought they had finally figured that out but alas...

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I disagree with the bolded.

There were bodies aroudn the net, but it wasn't guys parking themselves there, letting a point shot go through and collecting rebounds.

Bruins made it way too easy on Holtby for the most part, per usual.

Obviously they had some quality chances, but overall, it's just more low % shots that goalies see the whole way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad