Post-Game Talk: GAME #44: Canucks 0 @ Canadiens 2 | Pettersson MRI tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird EP injury, but really reminded me of Sony Michel's injury from the Patriots early this NFL season where it looked bad but there was no structural damage. Ended up only missing a couple weeks.

Would guess something similar for EP, hyperextension and a couple weeks off.

Last edited:

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Tore my meniscus last year (getting up from kneeling to tie my son’s skates - planted and pivoted and CRUNCH). 1) I knew right away something was badly wrong, and 2) the limp was noticeable right away, and became very bad in the following days.
So your n of one is definitive....guess we don’t need medical schools.

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Also, didn't Jumbo Joe play with a torn ACL and MCL in the playoffs a couple years ago? It was good to see Elias get off the ice on his own but I'm afraid it may not be indicative of anything either way.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
How hilarious would it be if Sutter was named C? I know it's a bit of a random comment but it just occurred to me after he was basically the voice of the Canucks all night in interviews etc. :laugh:

And by "hilarious" I mean not in any way hilarious and incredibly moronic.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
If you have a torn ligament/meniscus from an acute trauma in your knee, the hemarthrosis will for sure induce a severe limp in the next hour or so.

No way the guy would stay with the team if it was the case. Mild sprain it is.

Everyone, just relax.
NO YOU

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Don't put words in my mouth. The main selling point for signing those guys was to provide insulation and protection for the young guys to play their games. Doesn't that include standing up for them? Also if you want to have a good playoff run... you kinda need your best player? Also its quite noticeable that without Pettersson they look/play like a different team. In a regular season game Pettersson is already getting targeted what do you think will happen in the playoffs?

I don't expect weebs to understand.

You haven't been on this boards long enough..

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
No problem, son.

I'm an ER physician, not an orthopedic surgeon, but still you can be optimistic IMO.
Great....I’ve been assessing people and reviewing charts for more than thirty years...my pessimism is well earned.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Lol and right on cue, there’s Erik Gudbranson making more excuses for not standing up for young players.

“I definitely considered it”

This is what should’ve happened:
1. Kotka’s thinking about how badly he wants to interfere with and drag EP down to the ice.
2. Kotka reminds himself that would lead to him having to fight Gudbranson.
3. A voice from the back of Kotka’s head reminds him of the brawls after the Matheson incident.
4. In the last second Kotka hesitates and pulls his hand away from EP’s shirt.
5. EP doesn’t get injured.
6. EP scores his 8th game winner of the season.

This is what happened:
1. Kotka’s thinking about how badly he wants to interfere with and drag EP down to the ice.
2. Kotka thinks: ”And who’s gonna stop me :popcorn:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
If you have a torn ligament/meniscus from an acute trauma in your knee, the hemarthrosis will for sure induce a severe limp in the next hour or so.

No way the guy would stay with the team if it was the case. Mild sprain it is.

Everyone, just relax.
I concur. I was worried it was a torn michoulicious.

:sarcasm:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Some injuries can’t be prevented, but anyone who thinks that having multiple mean/tough players who other players are afraid of wouldn’t help protect Pettersson is straight up delusional.

Pettersson is the entire franchise, fielding a few players who inspire fear into other players and serve as a deterrent from people messing with him is the absolute minimum they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad