Post-Game Talk: GAME #44: Canucks 0 @ Canadiens 2 | Pettersson MRI tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Baertschi isn’t good enough to play on the top line, he skates for miles but accomplishes little, was set up a couple times by EP & Boeser and completely whiffed. Needs to go hard to the net 5 on 5 and not play so much on the perimeter, hopefully he picks it up soon.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Who did Baertschi have lined up nearing the end of the game? We were on the PP and the Senator player was skating behind our net and just saw Baertschi coming at the last second and slowed up. Baertschi was going to absolutely crush him.

I would love to see a clip of it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This loss is more than partly on Green. I realize that coaches are loathe to tinker with a winning lineup.....but you'd have to be in Rod Serling's Twilight Zone to think that Schaller is a better option than Goldobin....especially painful after Pettersson went down.

And swapping out Pouliot for Del Zotto? I actually thought Pouliot had a strong game in Ottawa, one of the few he's played recently. Maybe they're trying to showcase these guys by playing them.

I hope that's it. Because Del Zotto is in the same boat as Nilsson and Gagner. There's no way in the world they're re-signing him, so why would you play him?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I came to this thread trying to reassure you guys about the severity of Petterson injury.

Maybe saved a few from jumping off a bridge? Maybe a few others are still going to drink non-stop until they read about the MRI results? Tried my best, really, but you can't save them all, unfortunately. ;)

He is a fun young player to watch, for sure, and we'll see him on the ice soon I have no doubt.

Have a good night, folks!

You claim to be an ER doctor, maybe you are... just an skeptical of doctor (especially an ER one with the long hours) posting on a Canucks message board and further more diagnosing an injury from watching it on TV.... seems a bit irresponsible to do that for a professional.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This loss is more than partly on Green. I realize that coaches are loathe to tinker with a winning lineup.....but you'd have to be in Rod Serling's Twilight Zone to think that Schaller is a better option than Goldobin....especially painful after Pettersson went down.

And swapping out Pouliot for Del Zotto? I actually thought Pouliot had a strong game in Ottawa, one of the few he's played recently. Maybe they're trying to showcase these guys by playing them.

I hope that's it. Because Del Zotto is in the same boat as Nilsson and Gagner. There's no way in the world they're re-signing him, so why would you play him?
Goldoblin in the bottom 6..?....Baertschi took Goldoblins spot, not Schaller (Not that I'm promoting Schaller,but he's a 4th line player, and Goldy is top 6 or bust)

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Usually if the injury is of a serious nature, the Canucks send the player back to Vancouver. That’s why I was taking it as a hopeful sign.

Canucks doctor is the same one from the simpsons. Dr Nick. I take him travelling with the team to mean absolutely nothing. The have lifted guys up and made them skate with broken backs and broken necks.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
yeah...rib trauma hurts like someone's shoving a jagged ice pick into your chest...

I consider myself old. I am for sure a "senior citizen". My golf partner and one of my former High School football coaching partners is now 86 and last golf season the fool fell off a chair trying to check on something in microwave on the top of a refrigerator in his beach front apartment while on vacation. I know! What idiot landlord puts a microwave on a refrigerator? Answer was no counter space.

In short, he broke 3 ribs falling onto the back of the chair he was standing on. In spite of the agony he played every remaining round the rest of the Summer and early Fall in our 2 senior golf leagues in which we made the playoffs. The guy is tough as nails. Was a linebacker on scholarship at NC State a million years ago. The facial expressions, gasps, wheezes, and contortions after every swing were hard to watch, but as the season progressed sadistically hilarious! LOL

I've had a few fractures, lost multiple teeth, suffered a cracked palate, sprains, knee ligament damage, a brain tumor, a hip replacement, and countless hematomas that left me feeling unable to lift my arms, close my fist, climb a step let alone a staircase until game time. Then I played with a lot of it, and thought at times I was in agony, but I never displayed the level of pain he demonstrated with those ribs.

My wife broke 3 ribs early in our marriage and I couldn't even make the mattress move when rolling over.
My father broke 4 in a toboggan accident when I was a teen and all he did was sit like a statue in his chair for weeks.
So playing an NHL playoff game with fractured ribs is duly impressive.

Reactions: travis scott

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Goldoblin in the bottom 6..?....Baertschi took Goldoblins spot, not Schaller (Not that I'm promoting Schaller,but he's a 4th line player, and Goldy is top 6 or bust)

That’s such an old way of thinking. Why is it top 6 or bust? The best 12 forwards should play. Why do we need a 3rd line of guys that have no skill but hit. Have a 4th like that can fight but no skill? Bring your best 12 and play hockey and win.

Made me laugh when Canada didn’t bring Crosby to the Olympics in his first year (he was on the taxi squad) but brought Kris Draper and Ryan Smyth so they could have a “checking line” instead. The team struggled to score and they finished 7th. At least they had their “checkers”.

Play you’re most talented players in spots 1-12.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The NHL really isn’t restricted to a skilled top six, shutdown third line and then gritty fourth line. For the most part those are dying off completely and teams are far more skilled the deep you go in your lineup, rather than gritty.

Goldobin is better than Schaller, with every single flaw in mind. Granlund is useless. So many others are useless. Green is lost in the old time hockey mindset you need to have the first line be this and the third line be that etc.

Like, f*** off. Look at Tampa. Look at the top teams. They burn you offensively all throughout their lineup, not with players like Tim f***ing Schaller.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The NHL really isn’t restricted to a skilled top six, shutdown third line and then gritty fourth line. For the most part those are dying off completely and teams are far more skilled the deep you go in your lineup, rather than gritty.

Goldobin is better than Schaller, with every single flaw in mind. Granlund is useless. So many others are useless. Green is lost in the old time hockey mindset you need to have the first line be this and the third line be that etc.

Like, **** off. Look at Tampa. Look at the top teams. They burn you offensively all throughout their lineup, not with players like Tim ****ing Schaller.

Agreed 100%

Reactions: geebaan

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Well looks like the Canucks are going be without their nice toy for a while. If they don't know how to handle having nice things they should just trade him to a real team.

Pettersson is single-handedly carrying this team, doing way better than expected or we deserve, and twice we have inflicted no reprisal, no discipline. Our 3 off season signing were to bring some grit to the team, that's why we seriously overpaid them.

Some grit. some team.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I figured it was only matter of time until Pettersson went down.....referees aren't going to do anything to protect the league's best players...that's obvious.....and this Canuck lineup isn't going to do much either. Could easily have been injured with the crap he took in last night's game....but you knew the Canadians would subject him to more of the same tonight.

Of course this was a game where you were looking for somebody, anybody within the Canucks veteran corps to step up. But watching guys like Eriksson, Sutter, Baertschi, Beagle and Schaller in this game, reminded me of Willie Desjardins Canucks.

But it's OK if Pettersson is gone for awhile. Watching Jack Hughes perform for the Americans, the Canucks need to be in the lottery anyway. That's really the best hope for the future, and that somehow they can trade or weed out these underperforming so-called 'veteran leaders'.

Finally, someone who gets it. This is all Willie's fault...

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
OR you know he could have iced something like this:
Goldobin-Pettersson- Boeser
Baertshi-Horvat-Leivo
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Eriksson-Beagle-Granlund/Shaller

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

Not sure if this has been posted, but this guy is the best in the biz at diagnosing athlete injuries from video replay. This will definitely have me sleeping easier.

When a random Twitter doctor is more competent than your teams dedicated medical staff.

Can we start a petition to hire this guy and fire our entire medical team?

I already trust him more than them.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not personally, but treated maybe 20 in my practice (installed small chest tubes), and got the feedback from the patients I treated. Good enough for me. Most of the small chest tubes for pneumothorax are well tolerated if installed properly.

Often the problem arises after the procedure if the tube is badly positioned (the lung has no neural pain sensors but the pleuras are quite sensitive)... Then, it is going to be painful with breathing, cough, position, etc. Of course, the larger the chest tube (ex: a big one for an hemothorax), the more chance of being unconfortable.

Also, a chest tube for an uncomplicated small pneumothorax is often removed after a few days, which is not the case for all conditions.

Dang I have had two those chest tubes were not small and they hurt like hell.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
When a random Twitter doctor is more competent than your teams dedicated medical staff.

Did he skate away from that like nothing happened ? It looked bad,

EP40BestInDaLee

Dec 27, 2018

I don't question his diagnosis but he should know better than to float his clinical assessment without appropriate imaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad