GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Rangers | 17:30 MT | 01/07/2020 | Mob Edition

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
How did that happen? I remember she used to make really good GDT's and was an active poster.
Wouldn’t even be able to tell you how it all began. There was a lot of arguing though. A lot of her posts were constantly replied to with laughing emojis and stuff. It’s too bad but probably best not to get into that topic. Miss having her around especially with prospect talk.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I still find it quite disturbing that the big hit and fight didn't inspire our team, except for Kadri. I think we have a big problem here in that the team is ultra soft.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still find it quite disturbing that the big hit and fight didn't inspire our team, except for Kadri. I think we have a big problem here in that the team is ultra soft.

That sort of notion is rather nebulous and kind of a myth. A fight doesn't really do much to "fire guys up." We like to think that but it's really not true, much like the idea that enforcers dissuade the opposition from taking liberties. If anything that was more costly to the Avs because it took two top-six guys out of the lineup for a good chunk of the game. I don't begrudge Kadri for doing that though and the refs were idiots for throwing the book at him like they did.

What's frustrating is that the Avs went into the St. Louis game and did everything right. They skated, they managed the puck well, and they threw hits all over the place. This is not a soft team. There are just stretches though where they play a hesitant and, yes, soft game and it renders them completely ineffective.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
That sort of notion is rather nebulous and kind of a myth. A fight doesn't really do much to "fire guys up." We like to think that but it's really not true, much like the idea that enforcers dissuade the opposition from taking liberties. If anything that was more costly to the Avs because it took two top-six guys out of the lineup for a good chunk of the game. I don't begrudge Kadri for doing that though and the refs were idiots for throwing the book at him like they did.

What's frustrating is that the Avs went into the St. Louis game and did everything right. They skated, they managed the puck well, and they threw hits all over the place. This is not a soft team. There are just stretches though where they play a hesitant and, yes, soft game and it renders them completely ineffective.

I guess I need to rephrase my frustrations. They know how to win a game, like the St. Louis game. However, they are either unwilling or unable to reproduce that kind of effort as much as we would like. They go into this ultra-cute type of play where everyone is trying to skate through defenders and be a hero, but they just end up losing the puck and turning it over. Unlike a St. Louis or Washington, where they have figured out how to play a very consistent style of game that can be reproduced regularly. They will have a bad game now and then, but that is acceptable because of the amount of points they are accumulating.

I so badly want our team to figure out how to be like that.

Reactions: Gargamaul

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think she was bullied out at all. I mean if you cant handle people disagreeing with your opinion on the internet its probably best to stay out of it to begin with really.

I'm not going to pretend I wasn't involved or anything. I wasn't a fan of her attitude towards certain prospects and I made it known, I also got sick and tired of hearing the constant complaining over every trade about the "asset management" stuff.

But there's lots of people on here that I disagree with pretty regularly and get into arguments with regularly. That's what an internet forum is generally all about. Those people all still post here. If we all shared the same opinions and same thoughts this place would be pretty boring.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
People down on our prospect pool ended up being correct. The Avs could have traded any ten random prospects in their pool for Rick DiPietros buyout cap hit and ended up ahead.

Reactions: missionAvs

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There was plenty of crap flung from all sides... if she was bullied, then she was bullying too. There was a very holier than thou schtick and she didn't like being disagreed with on topics.
Never said she was innocent, but there was definitely a mob mentality whenever she said anything. So her leaving didn't surprise me.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad