GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Rangers | 17:30 MT | 01/07/2020 | Mob Edition

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Never said she was innocent, but there was definitely a mob mentality whenever she said anything. So her leaving didn't surprise me.

The very nature of being a somebody who wastes a lot of time and posts a lot using snark. There are frequently disagreements on the board that last for pages and crap gets thrown around, it is the very nature of the message board.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Never said she was innocent, but there was definitely a mob mentality whenever she said anything. So her leaving didn't surprise me.

I honestly never got that vibe at all and I say this as someone who didn't really even participate in getting into those discussions. I read them but just stayed out of it since she just struck me as someone who doesn't like to discuss anything that doesn't adhere to what she believes.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I’d take Kadri beating his face in over a one game suspension any day.
Of course as a Rangers fan I agree with the DOPS, but if the roles were reversed I'd be just as pissed as you guys and looking for blood and would therefore agree with the sentiment above. I'd have the fig...errr beatdown, on repeat lol

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Of course as a Rangers fan I agree with the DOPS, but if the roles were reversed I'd be just as pissed as you guys and looking for blood and would therefore agree with the sentiment above. I'd have the fig...errr beatdown, on repeat lol
Sometimes old school rules hold true. Wouldn’t surprise me if DOPS saw his face on the video call and said “oh shit, you’ve paid enough”.

Reactions: romba

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
The very nature of being a somebody who wastes a lot of time and posts a lot using snark. There are frequently disagreements on the board that last for pages and crap gets thrown around, it is the very nature of the message board.

I wouldn't know anything about that...

giphy.gif

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
That's a joke of a call. Seeing "significant head contact", but then in the same breath claiming no "upward" extension and that it was unavoidable is absurd.

Oh well, I guess we just lose another top player to concussion on a perfectly safe hit.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
If they are fine leaders, then why have I seen the same issues plague this franchise since they were given those letters? Team is still streaky as all hell with big letdowns in the the mid season every year, have issues getting motivated to play weak teams, have a tendency to start games slowly and have to dig our way out. These things should have resolved itself by now if our leadership core was better, but it's the same crap every season.

Not too mention having Nathan MacKinnon, hides a lot of our short comings. Without him this team is garbage. Without him Landy and EJ would look really bad as leaders as it would be the same bottom tier product every single season. The only reason things have changed is because MacK went God mode 3 years ago. Our uptick has nothing to do with Landy and EJs leadership, they are the same guys that led us to multiple losing seasons. Only difference now is we have one of worlds best players to bail us out and make us look better.
I think the impact of C and A is mostly overstated. Not everyone is Mark Messier.

I think a bigger issue is team identity, i.e. a blue print of how the team wants to play that is repeated game in and game out. It’s on the coaching staff to have that vision and on all the players to be engaged in executing it.

I think the biggest issue is the D core. Losing Barrie, and the decline of EJ and Cole has not been compensated by Makar. We need help there.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wouldn't know anything about that...

giphy.gif

:laugh:

There's certainly a few of us in that boat on here. But the good thing is a lot of us share a similar sense of humor and after those pages upon pages of arguing we usually come out at the end no worse for wear and a few quality gifs or memes by the end of it as well.

There's more than a few of us around here that can spend 2 hours arguing about something in one thread, while simultaneously agreeing with each other about a completely different topic in another thread.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
:laugh:

There's certainly a few of us in that boat on here. But the good thing is a lot of us share a similar sense of humor and after those pages upon pages of arguing we usually come out at the end no worse for wear and a few quality gifs or memes by the end of it as well.

There's more than a few of us around here that can spend 2 hours arguing about something in one thread, while simultaneously agreeing with each other about a completely different topic in another thread.
NO THERE ISN'T!

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Speaking of which I hope @Sea Eagles is doing well. Thinking of your homeland pal.
Thanks mate. The fires aren't too bad where I am in the City. But it's pretty awful. The smoke haze across Australia is shocking.

Weather is so hot and humid (it got to 50 degrees "celcius" in some parts) hurts. I'm down to 6, 2 hour workouts a week now). Used to get in around 8-9.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks mate. The fires aren't too bad where I am in the City. But it's pretty awful. The smoke haze across Australia is shocking.

Weather is so hot and humid (it got to 50 degrees "celcius" in some parts) hurts. I'm down to 6, 2 hour workouts a week now). Used to get in around 8-9.
❤️

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Every team in the league goes through similar swings. We just dont pay attention to it because we dont care about those other teams.

But they all go through it. Just look at Tampa Bay through the first 30 games. Or look at Bostons last 20 games.

Look at the Leafs 15 games into the year.

82 games is a long, long season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->