GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Rangers | 17:30 MT | 01/07/2020 | Mob Edition

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It had nothing to do with optimism.

Sea Eagles is one of the most universally liked posters on HF while also being unquestionably the most optimistic.

What it has to do with was the superiority complex that she often posted with, and quite frankly her abuse of power she often used with her mod status. I dont remeber a tonne from that anymore, but basically anytime you tried to disagree with her opinions on prospects or asset management she would essentially just play the mod card to ensure nobody could argue her thoughts.

I'm also prettr sure its against site rules to post links to personal websites and articles(At least it was) without being a sponsor or whatever it was they called it yet she used to do it quite a bit.
Although I agree with what you are saying the last couple of months before she left this board she was certainly attacked from some posters especially from one other mod who seemed to show up mostly to post against her IMO in a very aggressive way often times regarding very benign post from TV. Both sides were very guilty in this situation. What was worst IMO was that it was two mods going at each other when they should know better. But at the end I would argue that she was trying to take the high road most of the time until she had enough and left. Like you said she wouldn't bend easily when she had an opinion but let's not pretend there are not other prominent posters on here that don't bend as well. I do agree as well that she used her mod status a little too often to stop discussion that weren't going her way but other mods are guilty of the opposite sometimes letting off-topic discussion go for pages because they agree with the topic.

I for one am missing her inputs on our prospects even though I didn't always agree with her. I would welcome back with open arms.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Sea Eagles is one of the most universally liked posters on HF while also being unquestionably the most optimistic.

What it has to do with was the superiority complex that she often posted with, and quite frankly her abuse of power she often used with her mod status. I dont remeber a tonne from that anymore, but basically anytime you tried to disagree with her opinions on prospects or asset management she would essentially just play the mod card to ensure nobody could argue her thoughts.

I'm also prettr sure its against site rules to post links to personal websites and articles(At least it was) without being a sponsor or whatever it was they called it yet she used to do it quite a bit.

She wasn't the only one...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
TV certainly wasn’t optimistic... she was probably one of the most pessimistic people when it came to the organization. Coaching, development, trades, UMass and Makar staying, etc. She loved her prospects and they needed to be with the parent club ASAP and given preferential treatment.

The mod fight that played out in public did no good whatsoever for any one. RL and TV just didn’t see eye to eye and it played out here. Both did wrong there and as mods they shouldn’t have let that happen in public. Now pretty much both of them are gone from our day to day here...RL is around more often, but he’s still not here all that often

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
TV certainly wasn’t optimistic... she was probably one of the most pessimistic people when it came to the organization. Coaching, development, trades, UMass and Makar staying, etc. She loved her prospects and they needed to be with the parent club ASAP and given preferential treatment.

The mod fight that played out in public did no good whatsoever for any one. RL and TV just didn’t see eye to eye and it played out here. Both did wrong there and as mods they shouldn’t have let that happen in public. Now pretty much both of them are gone from our day to day here...RL is around more often, but he’s still not here all that often

That's not because of what happened though.

Reactions: Foppberg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't know what you're saying... probably just the food coma I'm currently going through.

Just seemed like you were linking RL not being around due to that spat. I think hes said life and school were the reasons or something like that.

Must have had a good lunch. I'm sure that will help your productivity for the second half the day lol.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just seemed like you were linking RL not being around due to that spat. I think hes said life and school were the reasons or something like that.

Must have had a good lunch. I'm sure that will help your productivity for the second half the day lol.

Oh I see... I'm not one to speak for either as to why they are not here. Just stating that neither are really here any more. We're pretty much talking about two ghosts.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
May BleedWell forever stay in our collective consciousness!

That really depends on how well Byram turns out IMO.

I'll say this, I wouldn't have predicted Ian Cole becoming our next community troll. Must be proof as to how relevant our little community has become.

Reactions: Avsboy

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I liked Bleedwell around here. He was very entertaining. He was trolling for sure but he was doing it in a funny way. "Kiddy league"...that one was the best I think! Haha!!!!!!!

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

This is an ironic post.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Regarding TV, there was some acrimony to her stepping back. She may have brought some of it on herself, but the response was disproportionate. I know there were a few times even I made "told you so" posts at her, but there were some (including another mod at the time) that took it way farther. Attacked both the content of her posts, the tone she posted in, and a few posts I saw that seemed to be personal attacks. And it did seem like some posters were waiting for her to post something just so they could pounce on it for any little thing to pick apart. She believed in her opinions and defended them vociferously. It took a lot to change her mind. But once proven to her satisfaction that she was wrong, she would back down...unlike some others here (myself included at times).

She is still around, posts from time to time, especially in prospect threads, and is still a mod. I miss having her input on the day to day threads, plus the insights she had on prospects was nice having another viewpoint, even when I did not agree (same goes for some of you other idiots).

This is what I remember the most about that whole thing. She just got pounced on by the same 3 or 4 people here anytime she'd comment on anything. Just felt like bullying after a while. I'm sure it led to her taking things personally and eventually a lot of public spats.

Wish TV would come back to our board. She put in a lot of time and effort into keeping track of Avalanche prospects. She may have had her favorites like anybody else, but if you recognized what was opinion, and what was factual information, it was very helpful in keeping up to date on the lesser known Av prospects.

Reactions: Murzu

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

First thing he hits is his head.

How can the NHL pretend to care about concussions and player safety, if they say a hit to the head was unavoidable?

It's not unavoidable if you hit a guy in the chest like you're supposed to. It's not like Donskoi was bent over at the waist.

Reactions: Pokecheque

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love G2P, he was a great poster. I think he's on twitter now, but don't know.
Never said she was innocent, but there was definitely a mob mentality whenever she said anything. So her leaving didn't surprise me.
I love tigre and still till this day, but what triggered a lot of HFAvs was when she said everybody in the Avs organisation sucked and never backed up the reasons why. If she explained it better, I don't think the mob mentality (which I agree it happened) would've bunched up and let loose after her IMHO. She would say a hottake and then disappear for like three days and repeat it. I hope she comes back though, more often than she has.

Also RL did apologise for everything.

She may have had her favorites like anybody else, but if you recognized what was opinion, and what was factual information, it was very helpful in keeping up to date on the lesser known Av prospects.
The hill she would die on was Bleackley and mention that his failure wasn't that he was drafted too high for his talent level or came into camp overweight, but because Avs development system is the worst in the world and he failed because of them. Not that she was wrong per se, but used Bleackley as her only example. That's what I think irked a lot of posters here including me (I'll admit that).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->