GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Rangers | 17:30 MT | 01/07/2020 | Mob Edition

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I didn't think the hit was bad at the time and didn't think it was suspension worthy after replays.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm fine with no suspension. Donskoi came in low and I don't think the head contact was intentional. If Lindgren does it again, the league can answer for that. Just feel bad for Donskoi.

Weather is so hot and humid (it got to 50 degrees "celcius" in some parts) hurts. I'm down to 6, 2 hour workouts a week now). Used to get in around 8-9.

huh.gif

Legitimately how does a person squeeze in multiple 2 hours workouts in a day?

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Remember when the Avalanche had the best line in the NHL? I don't know if they're even top-3/top-5 right now. MacKinnon has been amazing, Rantanen has been fair, and Landeskog has disappeared.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Every team in the league goes through similar swings. We just dont pay attention to it because we dont care about those other teams.

But they all go through it. Just look at Tampa Bay through the first 30 games. Or look at Bostons last 20 games.

Look at the Leafs 15 games into the year.

82 games is a long, long season.

For real. Slumps happen and are very natural.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm fine with no suspension. Donskoi came in low and I don't think the head contact was intentional. If Lindgren does it again, the league can answer for that. Just feel bad for Donskoi.

huh.gif

Legitimately how does a person squeeze in multiple 2 hours workouts in a day?

Morning, and afternoon. Aerobic (morning - run, swim, sport before work), then anaerobic (weights after work or at night). Helps I have a full gym at home too.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Morning, and afternoon. Aerobic (morning - run, swim, sport before work), then anaerobic (weights after work or at night). Helps I have a full gym at home too.

Gotcha. I tend to combine the two at the gym so I'm picturing two weight sessions a day and dying a little bit lol

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Tigervixxen was definitely bullied out from here. Whenever she posted, certain people would attack those posts. Felt bad bad her.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Remember when the Avalanche had the best line in the NHL? I don't know if they're even top-3/top-5 right now. MacKinnon has been amazing, Rantanen has been fair, and Landeskog has disappeared.
Best line in the NHL was a joke even when they were producing. Be great for a while, win something and we’ll refer to you as the best line in the NHL after that. M’kay?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Tigervixxen was definitely bullied out from here. Whenever she posted, certain people would attack those posts. Felt bad bad her.

Ya this place is toxic as f***. Posting on Hf is a contact sport apparently. She was an excellent poster as well.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Tony DeAngelo is Making NYR Great Again...hat trick and 2 assists for 5 points against the lowly Devils, and it ain't even the 3rd period yet.

Glad the Avs at least avoided that particular embarrassment.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's really no use to keep discussing this, folks. If you feel bad about TV's departure, read the stuff she posts on Burgundy Rainbow and check out her contributions to the BR podcasts. Even if you don't feel bad about it, you should do those things anyway.

Anyway, I'm starting to feel A LITTLE better about that loss. Shesterkin could put on a clinic about rebound control. He gave the Avs absolutely nothing in that regard (of course, the Avs did very little to make him move around in the crease, but still). He looks like he's gonna be the real deal. Will be very interesting to see what they do with Georgiev...unless they have plans to move the King.

Reactions: henchman21

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Regarding TV, there was some acrimony to her stepping back. She may have brought some of it on herself, but the response was disproportionate. I know there were a few times even I made "told you so" posts at her, but there were some (including another mod at the time) that took it way farther. Attacked both the content of her posts, the tone she posted in, and a few posts I saw that seemed to be personal attacks. And it did seem like some posters were waiting for her to post something just so they could pounce on it for any little thing to pick apart. She believed in her opinions and defended them vociferously. It took a lot to change her mind. But once proven to her satisfaction that she was wrong, she would back down...unlike some others here (myself included at times).

She is still around, posts from time to time, especially in prospect threads, and is still a mod. I miss having her input on the day to day threads, plus the insights she had on prospects was nice having another viewpoint, even when I did not agree (same goes for some of you other idiots).

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Regarding TV, there was some acrimony to her stepping back. She may have brought some of it on herself, but the response was disproportionate. I know there were a few times even I made "told you so" posts at her, but there were some (including another mod at the time) that took it way farther. Attacked both the content of her posts, the tone she posted in, and a few posts I saw that seemed to be personal attacks. And it did seem like some posters were waiting for her to post something just so they could pounce on it for any little thing to pick apart. She believed in her opinions and defended them vociferously. It took a lot to change her mind. But once proven to her satisfaction that she was wrong, she would back down...unlike some others here (myself included at times).

She is still around, posts from time to time, especially in prospect threads, and is still a mod. I miss having her input on the day to day threads, plus the insights she had on prospects was nice having another viewpoint, even when I did not agree (same goes for some of you other idiots).

This is the closest to the truth I've seen anyone post. I've went back and forth on weighing in, but this is pretty much exactly what I would have said.

It's a two sided situation, but there were definitely culprits.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Alot of people hate optimism around here.

It had nothing to do with optimism.

Sea Eagles is one of the most universally liked posters on HF while also being unquestionably the most optimistic.

What it has to do with was the superiority complex that she often posted with, and quite frankly her abuse of power she often used with her mod status. I dont remeber a tonne from that anymore, but basically anytime you tried to disagree with her opinions on prospects or asset management she would essentially just play the mod card to ensure nobody could argue her thoughts.

I'm also prettr sure its against site rules to post links to personal websites and articles(At least it was) without being a sponsor or whatever it was they called it yet she used to do it quite a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->