Post-Game Talk: GAME 43 - BRUINS 3 Newark 0 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sway posting a bagel after prolly hearing some blowback over his comments is pure rockstar lol
Be interesting where he ends up?

Vegas makes most sense

Like Sophia in studio as that is likely a move up for her, but I don’t know what Adam Pellerin is supposed to be contributing.
I think he’s supposed to be in the Sophia role

What a great looking family!
kids adorable what a smile

• Wow
Reactions: bwunderlich

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
hes been solid.
when forbort and carlo get bsck, i dont think you can sit wotherspoon. he has to clear waivers to i think.
i think gryz is odd Dman out.

Im not so sure about that. Wortherspoon is up under the classification of ‘Emergency Loan’ per CapFriendly.
I believe that waivers aren’t applicable. Bussi under same classification.

So Wortherspoon will most likely go back down.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Like Sophia in studio as that is likely a move up for her, but I don’t know what Adam Pellerin is supposed to be contributing.
Love Sophia ,I,don’t switch to other teams feed because of the broadcast,but because the feed is just bad like it was today.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Rats eat the pizza and the cables again? Seems like there are major AV issues on a nesn broadcast more often than not this season

I can relate

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I hope Wotherspoon doesn't need waivers; I hope it doesn't even come to that. He's munching minutes on the best team in the East; he'd have no trouble cracking the lineup on lesser teams, especially at low money.

He's got some size, makes the simple, smart play, clears the crease and sticks up for teammates. We haven't had the spirit here since - well, not quite 1969, but it's been a while.

Interesting he's now on the Bruins while ex-Bruin Mike Reilly is on the Islanders.

And definite stick tap for the Devils' young goalie, Daws. Had New Jersey gotten that level of goaltending since the start of the season, they'd be much higher in the standings.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Side note: Glue traps are very inhumane. It literally rips their skins off. No bueno. They make better, humane traps. But I like the pizza rats. They can stay. I hope someone buys them a ridiculous long chain the Garden sells 😂
That’s specifically why Tom Werner would use them

I personally bought a couple of those safe traps that more or less houses them with some peanut butter until I get them and release them. Only with field mice though, with rats I take no prisoners (also they wouldn’t fit in them). I’ll let them live in the garbage but they cannot come in the home. Fortunately I dont get them in the house since getting a cat here to call this place home lol

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Im not so sure about that. Wortherspoon is up under the classification of ‘Emergency Loan’ per CapFriendly.
I believe that waivers aren’t applicable. Bussi under same classification.

So Wortherspoon will most likely go back down.
Bussi is waiver exempt

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
NJ was in the game the whole way, despite having half a lineup (not the good half, either). Yes, Daws was great, but I really didn't think the Bruins played as great a game as many here seem to.

McAvoy looked really focused, despite his 3 giveaways (Marchy with 3 also). Charlie had a Bobby Orr moment when he carried the puck all the way to the goal line and then was back in position on D to make a hit along the boards at the opposite blue line.

Heinen & Coyle led the team with 5 shots each.

Geekie (really?) led the team with 5 hits. Marchand with 4.

Wotherspoon led in blocks with 3.

Shutout for Sway, 31 saves. Shouldn't have been as difficult as the team made it for him.

I thought the Devils made a good push in the 2nd and could definitely have tied it up then, but once Pasta scored early in the 3rd, the game was over. The Bruins probably should have been further ahead through the first period and a bit, and of course so nearly were through JvR, but apart from that one stretch in the 2nd they always felt more or less in control.

I didn't realize before I watched the game just how many people NJ have out, but still, you can only play what's in front of you and the Bruins did a decent job. 22 high danger chances is always noteworthy. On top of that home games after long road trips have a tendency to be trap games, so the fact Boston turned up and showed good legs and intent through much of the game was pleasing, plus they didn't play down to a weakened opponent.

So yeah probably not an excellent performance, but sometimes it's just nice when your team plays a good solid game where most of the roster contributes in some way and you bag the points without too much fuss. Of course they will need to be sharper against the Avs, but let's see what they bring to the table then.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’m so envious of parents today. With social media you literally can have a family time capsule that you can refer to forever!

Yea, I was a little late to the game by not joining FB until around 2011, but at that point my kids were 11 and 9.

We still have three Tupperware bins in the basement with Cd’d, DVD’s, various rolls of film, video tapes, etc, with pictures of my kids first 11 or so years of life.

I know, first world problems…..but I’m still jealous.

Beautiful family, BTW!

Enjoy every moment!
As a child of the late eighties/early 90s, I am definitely in the lost generation when it comes to photos. There are a handful of photos that exist of me from little league and the like, but that’s basically it.

There’s a gap from ages 13-20 or so.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed that’s nutty
Both are not perfect but plus defenders

There brains are thinking offense so sometimes you can ‘run with the ball before catching it’ but overall they are good to very good

As a child of the late eighties/early 90s, I am definitely in the lost generation when it comes to photos. There are a handful of photos that exist of me from little league and the like, but that’s basically it.

There’s a gap from ages 13-20 or so.
My suggestion to you is every Halloween take a photo of your child in costume - after 12 years you could make a very cool clock 1-12 through the years

Of course a mask would block face lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Both are not perfect but plus defenders

There brains are thinking offense so sometimes you can ‘run with the ball before catching it’ but overall they are good to very good

My suggestion to you is every Halloween take a photo of your child in costume - after 12 years you could make a very cool clock 1-12 through the years

Of course a mask would block face lol
Megan did something like this for months 1-12 for his party. His first and last couple of months got cropped here.
1705401901496.png

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
I hope Wotherspoon doesn't need waivers; I hope it doesn't even come to that. He's munching minutes on the best team in the East; he'd have no trouble cracking the lineup on lesser teams, especially at low money.

He's got some size, makes the simple, smart play, clears the crease and sticks up for teammates. We haven't had the spirit here since - well, not quite 1969, but it's been a while.
Well in 1969 we did have this guy. Parker may not be from Texas but he does have some Dallas in him.

1705407085030.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad