Post-Game Talk: GAME 43 - BRUINS 3 Newark 0 F

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Wotherspoon has fit in great and deserves to be atleast the 7th d coming in and out of the lineup for the rest of the season.

Lohrei is starting to get it. I’m cool to live with the mistakes now but not so much in the playoffs. I think once he begins processing the game at the NHL level a little better and is more demonstrative with his decisions he will be a star. I think he’s foot at defending the rush with that giant windshield wiper.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just remember to do this for the next kid too!
Exactly!!!!

Parents of first children still have some energy -- largely because it's 2 against 1. Second child comes along and everyone is a little more exhausted.

Sets the table for child number two to say "How come there are all these pictures and montages of Johnny and none of me?" :laugh:

It's why Toronto got so out of whack when they signed Johnny Tavares to that contract. Younger kids have been at the trough ever since!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
An enjoyable afternoon at work I must say!
Points in 10 out of their last 11. Not bad for a team in a “slump” or a “funk” lol.
HAHAHA.......good point I guess we all should be ashamed of ourselves but as most fans know there are still some warts on this team that need to be addressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and BTO

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
and we all knew this coming into the season.

All things considered the Bs are doing very well.
Correct, that is why maybe without giving away the house some tweaking like a d-man, and some big body player would help, and not necessarily a fighters, but that hit on Zacha, no real response that bothers me. I might add for all those Carlo and Coyle detractors they have really stepped up this season, and Coyle's contract looks pretty good to me, there I said it. Freddy is starting to mature into a hockey player, not body language expert but his confidence is growing, good for him.......little tweaks Ladyfan, that is all I am asking.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Correct, that is why maybe without giving away the house some tweaking like a d-man, and some big body player would help, and necessarily mean fighters, but that hit on Zacha, no real response that bothers me. I might add for all those Carlo and Coyle detractors they have really stepped up this season, and Coyle's contract looks pretty good to me, there I said it. Freddy is starting to mature into a hockey player, not body language expert but his confidence is growing, good for him.......little tweaks Ladyfan, that is all I am asking.
Yep. Some of the Bs are working out better than I thought they would.

Charlie Coyle has been great.

JVR (for the price) has been good

Shattenkirk (for the money) is good. He has a nice shot and I loved how he went up to their #17 (and had a word with him) after the cheap shot on Brad. He is a quiet leader.

Danton Heinen...(for the money) has been very reliable and versatile. He has been better than I thought he would be and I liked him last time he was with the Bs.

Brad is a wonderful captain even though he yelled at Lindy yesterday.

Pasta was already excellent and has grown his game and become a leader.

Trent Frederic is without a doubt (IMO) the most improved player.

Parker Wotherspoon looks like he belongs in the NHL as does Jesper Boqvist.

Charlie Mac is great.

Our net minders are the best in the NHL

The team chemistry is fantastic. I love how the Bruins carry on the great "team mentality" in the locker-room. To me this is huge.

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Yep. Somme of the Bs are working out better than I thought they would.

Charlie Coyle has been great.

JVR (for the price) has been good

Shattenkirk (for the money) is good. He has a nice shot and I loved how he went up to their #17 (and had a word with him) after the cheap shot on Brad. He is a quiet leader.

Danton Heinen...(for the money) has been very reliable and versatile. He has been better than I thought he would be and I liked him last time he was with the Bs.

Brad is a wonderful captain even though he yelled at Lindy yesterday.

Pasta was already excellent and has grown his game and become a leader.

Trent Frederic is without a doubt (IMO) the most improved player.

Parker Wotherspoon looks like he belongs in the NHL as does Jesper Boqvist.

Charlie Mac is great.

Our net minders are the best in the NHL

The team chemistry is fantastic. I love how the Bruins carry on the great "team mentality" in the locker-room. To me this is huge.
All those el cheapo signings by Donny have been magical for sure. Love it.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I like Waterworld unironically :laugh:
Waterworld is a terrible movie but a great film. Best part, however, was the opening shot of the Universal Films Earth logo, which then tilted-down as the polar ice caps melted. Was cool.

I saw it back to back with Spice World lol which, ironically, is itself a terrible movie but a great film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I hope Wotherspoon doesn't need waivers; I hope it doesn't even come to that. He's munching minutes on the best team in the East; he'd have no trouble cracking the lineup on lesser teams, especially at low money.

He's got some size, makes the simple, smart play, clears the crease and sticks up for teammates. We haven't had the spirit here since - well, not quite 1969, but it's been a while.

Interesting he's now on the Bruins while ex-Bruin Mike Reilly is on the Islanders.

And definite stick tap for the Devils' young goalie, Daws. Had New Jersey gotten that level of goaltending since the start of the season, they'd be much higher in the standings.
Nice Eagles reference (the band, not the football team) :)

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bruins breakouts yesterday were the best ive seen all season.
NJD not having a bunch of starters maybe had something to do with that, but even so, Bruins looked really good for the most part yesterday.
If they had some finish, that was a blowout game.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Im not so sure about that. Wortherspoon is up under the classification of ‘Emergency Loan’ per CapFriendly.
I believe that waivers aren’t applicable. Bussi under same classification.

So Wortherspoon will most likely go back down.
Yup and McAvoy plays his best I find with Grizz next to him .I want pairings that click regardless of this stuff where people say he is not a top 4 etc.Probably right but when said player is next to a thoroughbred & complements his game then stick with it.Got away from that last year after adding Orlov and hurt themselves.I know they had other guys injured but that's my take.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
As good as Pasta and Sway are playing I don't think they're playing at their highest levels I've observed in the past . I'm not complaing , just an observation.
Sway is not containg the puck as well and Pasta is not hitting the corners as well . That means threy're only going to get better .
Maybe I'm
not seeing as well . I am an old man with old vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad