Post-Game Talk: GAME 43 - BRUINS 3 Newark 0 F

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Exactly!!!!

Parents of first children still have some energy -- largely because it's 2 against 1. Second child comes along and everyone is a little more exhausted.

Sets the table for child number two to say "How come there are all these pictures and montages of Johnny and none of me?" :laugh:

It's why Toronto got so out of whack when they signed Johnny Tavares to that contract. Younger kids have been at the trough ever since!
My parents had 9 kids. I was the last one. They barely remembered my name lol. I think they might of thought i was my brothers friend lolo

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My parents had 9 kids. I was the last one. They barely remembered my name lol. I think they might of thought i was my brothers friend lolo

I was 5th of seven, and my parents stupidly gave names starting with a 'J' to 4 out of 7. My poor father used to start yelling like this - "Uh Jeh . . . uh Juh . . . uh Jee . . . uh Jah . . . uh, which one are you?"

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I was 5th of seven, and my parents stupidly gave names starting with a 'J' to 4 out of 7. My poor father used to start yelling like this - "Uh Jeh . . . uh Juh . . . uh Jee . . . uh Jah . . . uh, which one are you?"
My parents only had 4 kids and couldn’t keep our names straight,I only have 2 and can’t keep them straight either with the dog and cat.Lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I almost forgot.

My highlight of the game…

Two guys who sat behind us who spent 2.5 hours talking about their bets.

B’s up 1-0 in the 3rd.
“Plus 1000 that the Devils score the next two goals”

(Bruins score 30 seconds later.)

Not sure if they got it in on time or not.

Reactions: KWbruin and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yep. Somme of the Bs are working out better than I thought they would.

Charlie Coyle has been great.

JVR (for the price) has been good

Shattenkirk (for the money) is good. He has a nice shot and I loved how he went up to their #17 (and had a word with him) after the cheap shot on Brad. He is a quiet leader.

Danton Heinen...(for the money) has been very reliable and versatile. He has been better than I thought he would be and I liked him last time he was with the Bs.

Brad is a wonderful captain even though he yelled at Lindy yesterday.

Pasta was already excellent and has grown his game and become a leader.

Trent Frederic is without a doubt (IMO) the most improved player.

Parker Wotherspoon looks like he belongs in the NHL as does Jesper Boqvist.

Charlie Mac is great.

Our net minders are the best in the NHL

The team chemistry is fantastic. I love how the Bruins carry on the great "team mentality" in the locker-room. To me this is huge.

Purely out of curiosity, what was the yelling about?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My parents only had 4 kids and couldn’t keep our names straight,I only have 2 and can’t keep them straight either with the dog and cat.Lol
Same here 😂

Especially because some of our names end with the letters "EY".

My late grandmother used to call me my cousins name, my sisters, name then my name. And she's the one who gave me my nickname that everyone in my real life calls me, which is Mimi. It was hilarious.

Too many damn kids and cousins and grandkids lol

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
had a family in our school with all girls....all J names....think there was 7...and there was a Joyce and a Joy

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I have a friend with pretty much the same story but with 'R' names

Reactions: jgatie

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Did great job staying out of box only drawing 1 penalty last game because the amount of calls vs Bruins in 43 games is kind of staggering.

The lack of discipline the Bruins have shown this year has surprisingly not hurt them much in the standings. I have to imagine cleaning that part of their game up is at the top of Montys to-do list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad