Post-Game Talk: GAME 43 - BRUINS 3 Newark 0 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
NJ was in the game the whole way, despite having half a lineup (not the good half, either). Yes, Daws was great, but I really didn't think the Bruins played as great a game as many here seem to.

McAvoy looked really focused, despite his 3 giveaways (Marchy with 3 also). Charlie had a Bobby Orr moment when he carried the puck all the way to the goal line and then was back in position on D to make a hit along the boards at the opposite blue line.

Heinen & Coyle led the team with 5 shots each.

Geekie (really?) led the team with 5 hits. Marchand with 4.

Wotherspoon led in blocks with 3.

Shutout for Sway, 31 saves. Shouldn't have been as difficult as the team made it for him.
I thought they were very good but I liked Waterworld

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Were you at the game? @DKH
I was in spirit

Going Thursday & Saturday

guy next to me has 3 kids and only 2 seats - so matinee, no Jack Hughes he took the yutes

I always said when I retire I want to live like I did at 18 and I apparently created that Universe because always something to do

Amanda around for Saturdays game ?

Were you there?
Watched on TV although I’m still waiting for Jack to finish the call

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was in spirit

Going Thursday & Saturday

guy next to me has 3 kids and only 2 seats - so matinee, no Jack Hughes he took the yutes

I always said when I retire I want to live like I did at 18 and I apparently created that Universe because always something to do

Amanda around for Saturdays game ?

Watched on TV although I’m still waiting for Jack to finish the call
We sold Jan. 18th game but will be there for the Habs on Sat.

Reactions: hrdpuk

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I don’t consider 63 and 13 a defensive liability in any way, shape or form. That’s just a crazy position to take in my book.
63 turns the puck over like water along the blue lines, and 13 tries, but is too slow to do much defensively. It is not a crazy position at all, you are just looking at it through Bruin-colored glasses and not seeing the whole picture.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
63 turns the puck over like water along the blue lines, and 13 tries, but is too slow to do much defensively. It is not a crazy position at all, you are just looking at it through Bruin-colored glasses and not seeing the whole picture.
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Even with my Bruins colored glasses I’m not going to concede that 13 and 63 aren’t responsible in their own end.

Using your turnover assessment you probably didn’t like Ray Bourque. He had some hellacious turnovers at times on breakouts. Largely because he was so damn good he tried things others never had the gumption to try.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
By the way, I’m not allowed to wish or celebrate an injury to another player, so I’ll say this.

Brendan Smith earned his injury for the reckless way he stuck his leg out on McAvoy. I was really afraid he’d blown up Charlie‘s knee and was pissed.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Even with my Bruins colored glasses I’m not going to concede that 13 and 63 aren’t responsible in their own end.

Using your turnover assessment you probably didn’t like Ray Bourque. He had some hellacious turnovers at times on breakouts. Largely because he was so damn good he tried things others never had the gumption to try.
Loved Bourque, he was good enough to play through his turnovers and clean up his own messes most of the time. ....Marchand is not that kind of player-or that level of player. (Some of Marchy's mistakes are avoidable i.e. blowing the zone too early, overhandling the puck etc.) Coyle isn't even in the same universe.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Loved Bourque, he was good enough to play through his turnovers and clean up his own messes most of the time. ....Marchand is not that kind of player-or that level of player. (Some of Marchy's mistakes are avoidable i.e. blowing the zone too early, overhandling the puck etc.) Coyle isn't even in the same universe.
Terrible take as usual. Marchy is very defensive responsible and so is Coyle. You love trying to be the contrarian

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I’m so envious of parents today. With social media you literally can have a family time capsule that you can refer to forever!

Yea, I was a little late to the game by not joining FB until around 2011, but at that point my kids were 11 and 9.

We still have three Tupperware bins in the basement with Cd’d, DVD’s, various rolls of film, video tapes, etc, with pictures of my kids first 11 or so years of life.

I know, first world problems…..but I’m still jealous.

Beautiful family, BTW!

Enjoy every moment!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad