GDT: Game 41 | SENS @ DEVILS | Friday, April 12 | 7PM (ET) | SNET,TVA | Exorcist Edition

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Nice GDT Quo!

GOSENSGO!!!

evil_dead_2_front.jpg

Also, hilarious. If anyone thought Dean Brown and Denis Potvin go off-topic for a while....

Those guys are far more entertaining than a Jets game.

not sure putting lats on the 4th is the right call. he's been fairly decent on that "top" line recently.

Watching Knuble blow by him last night was a collar-tugging moment, though.

KNUBLE!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Good call. Let's go into the playoffs with an inexperienced rookie when our seasoned veteran who is statistically amazing in the playoffs is rusty.

If we went with "Play whoever gets you wins" then Lehner would have never gotten any games because Bishop won more of his starts than Lehner did.

Despite what others may think, Anderson is the #1 goalie and will be afforded every opportunity to stay the #1 goalie. The guy has given up TWO even strength goals in two starts. The other 3 goals were all powerplay goals and one of those was a 5-on-3 gift from Dan O'Dork.

Seriously, some of you are just amazed by shiny new things. Lehner has won good game following a stinker against Buffalo and you want to anoint him the number 1 IF Anderson has a bad game? Unreal.

Exactly what I'm saying. Just because we got rid of Bishop, thus allowing us to keep Lehner with the big club, doesn't mean we start messing with our rock-solid #1 goalie. Where is all this even coming from??

Don't forget, if we didn't trade Bishop then Lehner would be in the A right now. His play has allowed Murray to move Bish, but in no way has he stolen the #1 spot from Andy yet.

I bet you those wanting to run with Lehner right now want to trade Andy in the off-season "while his value is still high".

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I mean it's not that Lehner's completely inexperienced at being clutch at playoffs or anything....:sarcasm:

But I agree, Get Andy the start. But if he loses, I don't think we can afford risking him being "rusty" again.

I don't think he was rusty in the first place. You're making it sound like he was shaky as hell.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly what I'm saying. Just because we got rid of Bishop, thus allowing us to keep Lehner with the big club, doesn't mean we start messing with our rock-solid #1 goalie. Where is all this even coming from??

Don't forget, if we didn't trade Bishop then Lehner would be in the A right now. His play has allowed Murray to move Bish, but in no way has he stolen the #1 spot from Andy yet.

I bet you those wanting to run with Lehner right now want to trade Andy in the off-season "while his value is still high".

By no means was I suggesting to run with Lehner. I just want the team to play whichever goaltender is going to win games. Whether that is Anderson or Lehner makes no difference. Lehner just picked up the first win in six games, so now Anderson will get his shot. If Anderson loses the next game then maybe give him another shot, but if he loses two in a row go back to Lehner. Now if Lehner loses you can switch right back and so on until someone gets hot.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Andy has been just fine since returning and I see no reason to expect anything different going forward.

I am. :D

Yeah, I'm not getting this criticism of him. I don't even get why MacLean started Lehner yesterday.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, I'm not getting this criticism of him. I don't even get why MacLean started Lehner yesterday.

We won didn't we? In the end the 2 points is all that matters not who played. I think Anderson is starting tonight, which I'm guessing people will start asking why Anderson is starting if Lehner had a win last night.

Our team has trouble scoring, with either of our goalies, if we score 3 or more goals we should get a win.

Goaltending is the least of our worries right now.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Goaltending is not the problem right now. Either of the two guys will give us a chance to win. We need to score to be able to win. Hopefully Michalek helps us out with that tonight.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Back-to-backs. And I would personally think that Lehner will get one of the two games on Monday-Tuesday. If Anderson wins today, Lehner could still get the start Monday against Boston considering his play against them all season.

Anderson would then get Carolina and run from there as I don't think we have any more back-to-backs.

The one thing I don't want to see is a goalie controversy. Anderson, in his time as a Senator, has been spectacular. Lehner is the future and will get his starts and I trust Maclean to manage the situation well. He won't let the goalies be the concern of this team.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

MacLean adressed why Lehner was starting in his pre-game scrum with the media yesterday.

4 games in 6 night. Not that complicated.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Never question the stache!

People were questioning his decisions all throughout the losing streak, why stop now?

Andy's the starter and that's that. Goaltending was far from the issue over his past two starts. Last thing we need at this point in the season is a goaltending controversy or, God forbid, the "win and you're in" strategy.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Over the last decade or so our own colour guys tend to do anything they can to be as neutral to the Sens as possible, Denis is a godsend imo and i appreciate his insight being a HOFer and one of the greatest minds to ever play the game, also being from the area makes me love him even more Ahhhhhh oui Denis!

This!

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
I can't believe Brodeur is still stuck at 666 wins. Hopefully we'll keep him there.

It would only be right!

Prediction; we win 3-2. Goals come from Wiercioch, Silfverberg and Latendresse. dunno who scores for the Devils

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I feel like Michalek is going to open this game up quite a bit and the Senators will score 4 or more. 4-1 for the Senators. Silf, Michalek, Turris and Pageau.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: