GDT: Game 41 | SENS @ DEVILS | Friday, April 12 | 7PM (ET) | SNET,TVA | Exorcist Edition

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
"THAT IS SO EAST COAST...... League"

Denis has to go. His rambling is getting worse and worse. On one of the Sens power-plays last night, he spent about 90 seconds of it talking...

Could you imagine listening to that duo on the radio?
You would have NO IDEA about what's going on, on the ice...

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Denis has to go. His rambling is getting worse and worse. On one of the Sens power-plays last night, he spent about 90 seconds of it talking...

I generally watch the other broadcast on Gamecentre these days.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012

Its our powerplay, theres not much to talk about...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And another must-win the day after a previous must-win

We just cannot lose this game, if we do it will undo all the good yesterday did (and it wasn't that much since both NYI and WIN won their games!)

Go Sens Go!

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick

Denis goes when Denis chooses to go...The guy is NHL royality FFS.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

Its true we missed out on some valuable play by play most likely. PASS TO CENTER, BACK TO WING, BACK TO CENTER, HOLDS IT... HOLDS IT...loses the zone. Luckily this is TV where we can see what is going on, so I don't really mind Potvin's random comments. When the team is actually doing something they tend to do their job just fine.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm hoping for a repeat performance from Pageau. He was real good last game.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I completely understand his Legend status.
He was an amazing player, but it doesn't mean he's fit to be a colour guy.

He just has to tone it down, and let Dean call the play.

No he doesn't. He provides insight that most colour guys wouldn't, and that is because he knows the game so well. Are you saying you'd prefer Kevin Weekes? "Oh what a great save by big Benny Bishop man what a goalie, look at that sick glove snag, BAM right into the trapper, big Benny Bishop BOOYAH!"

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
When the team is actually doing something they tend to do their job just fine.

Not too...many times, he's rambling while something is brewing, and there's been few times they've scored, and Dean jumps in and says "Scores".

Just...tone it down.

Anyways, I didn't want too turn this thread into this...my bad.

Go Sens Go...2 in a row...

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
No he doesn't. He provides insight that most colour guys wouldn't, and that is because he knows the game so well. Are you saying you'd prefer Kevin Weekes? "Oh what a great save by big Benny Bishop man what a goalie, look at that sick glove snag, BAM right into the trapper, big Benny Bishop BOOYAH!"

I never said he didn't know his stuff. He's very knowledgable.
Just don't talk so much...he has to know where you add his two cents, then let Dean call the play. That's what a colour guy does.

theknightwhosaidni

May 4, 2012
I´ve started to only watch the Senators feeds this season, and i have to say i love uncle Dennis! However i can understand that it gets old after a couple of seasons.

He reminds me of a swedish golf commentator who gets more senile/drunk every year. Gave us gems such as: "That putt is about as long as an average size salmon", "This course is amazing, but most important, the shrimps sandwiches!", "Once there was a Swiss guy who fainted because he hit the ball so hard... or did he?.. maybe it was just something i was thinking about.. or was i dreaming..."

Anyway, lets go sens! Huuuge game tonight!

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 7m
I have a very, very strong feeling Milan Michalek will play tonight. #Sens #LD

Woot! Hopefully he lasts longer than a couple of games this time. This team could really use another established scoring threat to draw some of the attention off guys like Turris, Alfredsson, and Zibanejad.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Over the last decade or so our own colour guys tend to do anything they can to be as neutral to the Sens as possible, Denis is a godsend imo and i appreciate his insight being a HOFer and one of the greatest minds to ever play the game, also being from the area makes me love him even more Ahhhhhh oui Denis!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Uncle Denis (Marlboro Vodka Man) is an acquired taste. Once you get it though, he's awesome. Gary Galley was great, but Uncle Denis is the most entertaining colour commentator we have ever had.

We can always bring back Gordy Wilson. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3