GDT: Game 41 | SENS @ DEVILS | Friday, April 12 | 7PM (ET) | SNET,TVA | Exorcist Edition

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't get the Andy hate on the main board. If what he did was severe, then why doesn't Henrique do something about? Furthermore, the devils didn't retaliate later in the game.

This is what I don't get. What player gets butt ended in the face and doesn't get in Andersons face and at the very least say something to him about it? Not even a shove back to Anderson, a war of words, nothing. He just got up and didn't do anything, that isn't the normal reaction for a person who just got buttended.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Because it was a little tap that Henrique tried to sell. Most players would have skated through that and carried on. I mean, I get it... I have no problem with Henrique embellishing because it SHOULD have been a call. All this suspension or fine talk is just crazy pandering though. HFboards off the deep end, as usual.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
This is a pretty ridiculous post. They don't discipline strictly off the result of the incident. Andy felt he had to do something to defend himself, so he butt-ended the guy in the head. Worthy of a fine, imo.

Yes, Henrique tried to sell the play, but you can definitely generate power with one hand on a stick.

First of all, I know you said strictly, but this happens all the time (longer suspension due to result of play/resulting injury). Also, I disagree with you and think it would set an awful president if you fine or suspend someone for a play which the "victim" embellished. You'll just perpetuate the flopping situation we already have league-wide.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
A big reason they didn't call that and many other plays was that the Devils were trying to milk calls out of the referees for the entire game. NHL referees don't like getting fooled by a dive and spoiling the outcome of a game.

By the 3rd period the Devils were pretty clearly frustrated and looking for someone else to win the game for them. They weren't obliged by the refs like the Lightning were a few games back.

John Holmes*

That's not how goalies claim their territory. They hack the back of your legs a la Hextall or Belfour.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
First of all, I know you said strictly, but this happens all the time (longer suspension due to result of play/resulting injury). Also, I disagree with you and think it would set an awful president if you fine or suspend someone for a play which the "victim" embellished. You'll just perpetuate the flopping situation we already have league-wide.

If you acknowledge that I said strictly, why bother with the rest of that sentence?

Precedents don't seem to have a place in the league's discipline process.

Havlat kicked a guy, Spezza speared a guy, Andy shoved the knob of his stick in a guy's face. I don't like it when our players do stuff like this. Call it a pet peeve.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Spearing and butt ending are not in the same category as kicking, or biting... The first two are designed to hurt and send a message, like punching someone at the bar, sometimes it ends up being necessary... Biting and kicking on the ice are kinda like a cheapshot to the nuts...

This actions aren't part of the player's game, they're a response to a specific situation, that you as a fan on your couch or in the stands are not a party to. Things happen on the ice, things are said on the ice, that piss people off. If Andy felt the need to lash out at Henrique I trust that he deserved it. Andy seems like a pretty level headed guy. And I like that stuff anyways... Hockey isn't for the faint of heart or mind....

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Spearing and butt ending are not in the same category as kicking, or biting... The first two are designed to hurt and send a message, like punching someone at the bar, sometimes it ends up being necessary... Biting and kicking on the ice are kinda like a cheapshot to the nuts...

This actions aren't part of the player's game, they're a response to a specific situation, that you as a fan on your couch or in the stands are not a party to. Things happen on the ice, things are said on the ice, that piss people off. If Andy felt the need to lash out at Henrique I trust that he deserved it. Andy seems like a pretty level headed guy. And I like that stuff anyways... Hockey isn't for the faint of heart or mind....

How's the view from that cross?

If the roles were reversed, and Brodeur stuck the knob of his stick in Turris' face you'd be apoplectic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad