GDT: Game 41 - Round 1 at Poutineville 7:14 PM ET | NESN, CBC, NHLN (US), TVA-S, 92.9 WBOS-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You're actually right about the last part. In the big picture most of us in Habs-land have pressed fast-forward on this season and have mentally checked out until draft-day. But life is made of moments, and few moments are as sweet & spicy as the best matchup in all of sports. I'll be cheering and (probably) swearing a lot. Long may we hate.

As a Habs fan, my wish is we waste our remaining wins on the Bruins, and then watch you guys take Toronto in four-straight in round-one.

I could live with that.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-1-13_18-0-59.png

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Thought you guys would love this post on the trade board, Marchand to Montreal :laugh: (which is silly enough)

Get this post:

pth2 said:
As a Hab fan, I don't want a Marchand style player on my team. I know he's learned to score, but to me he's still a piece of trash. The kind of guy the league would be better without.

Chris Nilan says “hi” and then butt ends your teeth out. :shakehead

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bergevin avoids term ‘rebuild’

Even in Montreal, where the Canadiens own a monopoly on professional sports, it does not make good business sense to tell the truth. If general manager Marc Bergevin acknowledged the reality that 2017-18 is a wash, the Bell Centre stands would empty as quickly as he booted Michel Therrien in favor of Claude Julien.
It’s why, during a midseason news conference, Bergevin sprinted away from the term “rebuild.”
“I prefer reset,” Bergevin told reporters.
Regardless of the word used to describe what should happen next, it would be in Bergevin’s best interest to initiate it sooner rather than later. The Canadiens restarted their post-break segment with an 18-20-4 record. They are engaged in a dogfight with Florida,

Fluto Shinzawa: Some old-school tactics have run their course in the NHL - The Boston Globe

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thought you guys would love this post on the trade board, Marchand to Montreal :laugh: (which is silly enough)

Get this post:

pth2 said:
As a Hab fan, I don't want a Marchand style player on my team. I know he's learned to score, but to me he's still a piece of trash. The kind of guy the league would be better without.

ANY team would want Brad. Thankfully he is ours.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA

Get this post:

pth2 said:

There are two kinds of people in this world: those that recognize Marchand as elite, and the ****ing liars.

Go Bruins.

Reactions: Chief Nine and TCB

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
GDT Rant :mad:

So things aren't looking so good in Poutineville these days for the fans of the Hated Habs. ****ty defense, worse offense, a goaltender who isn't looking all universe anymore and a GM without a ****ing clue. All I have to say about that is:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: (My highest rating)

You Hab fans want to finish the season in the draft lottery? The Boston Bruins will be glad to put you on the expressway to futility after your long trip on the highway of irrelevance (1993- TWENTY FIVE YEARS WITHOUT A STANLEY CUP OH THE HUMANITY).

Just don't call the Mounties after the Bruins get done whipping that bunch of scum sucking champion divers you cheer for. Don't call NHL HQ when Charlie McAvoy crushes Drouin like an empty beer can. Repeatedly. Or when the B52 line (Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari a/k/a The Worker Bs) plays better than the Habs first line on every shift. Because they are better than your first line, that's how much the Habs suck these days, which is a lot. Or when Patrice Bergeron makes Carey Price look like a reject from a beer league. He's done that before but it never gets old. And then of course there is Captain Z. You remember him. 6 feet 9 inches & 260 pounds of hammer that just loves whacking Smurfs (one of the politer names we Bruins fans have for your team)

Just sit back with a plate of poutine and a beer or two or ten, you'll need them to anesthetize the pain as the Bear smashes, crushes, demolishes, destroys and in general beats the absolute snot out of Les Blanc, Bleu et Rouge.

Have a nice evening.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Excellent! So ******* inspiring! LET'S GO BRUINS!

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Want to get pumped for hockey? Listen to the guitar solo at the end of Comfortably Numb. Get's me going every single time.

Side note: Comfortably Numb wasnt on Dark Side of the Moon. The uploader messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad