GDT: Game 41 - Round 1 at Poutineville 7:14 PM ET | NESN, CBC, NHLN (US), TVA-S, 92.9 WBOS-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I do miss Le Forum de Montréal even with all the bad memories.

In the 70's they had without question the greatest anthem singer in hockey history. Roger Doucet was so popular that the team allowed him to change the words to O Canada to send a message to Quebec politicians and he did it during the 1978 Stanley Cup Final and the crowd cheered.

Hearing him in person gave me goosebumps - He died of cancer in 1981.

Reactions: Cam14b

Beantown1616

Jul 14, 2016
Excited for the kids to get their first taste of the action. Let's train them all to be Habs killers!!!

Given his rep for rising to the occasion when on the big stage - and there are few bigger stages for Bruins than a matchup against Montreal - I hold out hope that Charlie emerges as a Hab Killer for the next 20 years.

Reactions: ashnathan

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Man, watching those videos, specially the rivalry one, I am jacked up for this game. That stretch of hockey we got to enjoy from the Bruins circa 2011 was unlike anything I have experienced as a hard core sports fan in my life. The swagger and moxy we had on that team was just out of this world. We were hated by everyone because not only would we beat you on the scoreboard but in a very real physical way as well. Remember the hate? I mean, what could fans do? we had it all. Glorious times.... back to today and we have a much different team but one I enjoy very much (not nearly AS much). Im hoping for a good ol 2011 stomping tonight!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Nap had, ready for some late night Hab crushing!! How used I spend my Saturday nights before I discovered the Bruins? 2 hours and counting...
Im all in!.....until kickoff in the Pats game. What a cruel world we live in when the Bruins are playing the Habs and the Pats are playing a playoff game. Should be illegal. Pats on TV Bruins on Ipad so its not all bad.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The Canadiens flew in Subban and Markov to work with the boys during their bye week.

canadiens+off+day+diving.jpg

Don't wanna be a Richard but neither of those diving divas play for the Habs anymore . Update or go home.

Winnwell Cooperalls

Apr 2, 2010
Montreal
Don’t even make it close. Embarrass them at home make them bring out the paper bags. :baghead::baghead::baghead:

Go Bruins!!!

Edit: Looks like the baghead smiley didn’t make the cut from the old boards :)

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Oh hello Whitesnake. Nice of you to drop by, it's always good to read your posts. :)

Uh you might want to close your eyes because the GDT Rant is next!!! :popcorn:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I wanted Clode fired 3 years ago and was so glad Bergevin picked him up.

...and although I get your point about habs fans wanting their team to tank to bring about changes, I find it hard to believe that any habs fans would ever be happy losing to the Bruins.
You're actually right about the last part. In the big picture most of us in Habs-land have pressed fast-forward on this season and have mentally checked out until draft-day. But life is made of moments, and few moments are as sweet & spicy as the best matchup in all of sports. I'll be cheering and (probably) swearing a lot. Long may we hate.

As a Habs fan, my wish is we waste our remaining wins on the Bruins, and then watch you guys take Toronto in four-straight in round-one.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I do miss Le Forum de Montréal even with all the bad memories.

In the 70's they had without question the greatest anthem singer in hockey history. Roger Doucet was so popular that the team allowed him to change the words to O Canada to send a message to Quebec politicians and he did it during the 1978 Stanley Cup Final and the crowd cheered.

Hearing him in person gave me goosebumps - He died of cancer in 1981.

Thank you, Fenway, for that great memory. While Jim Cornielson of Chicago may be the best now, unquestionably, Roger Doucet was the all time greatest. It give new goosebumps, too, listing you to him now. Wish I could have been there for that playoff game. The historical impact of his altering the lyrics to support the French province and its aspirations is amazing.

On a side note, went to the BC/Friars game last night at the Forum. A student was on tap to sing the anthem but the microphone wouldn't work. So he started anyway and the whole arena burst out singing the Star Spangled Banner. Nice.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Im all in!.....until kickoff in the Pats game. What a cruel world we live in when the Bruins are playing the Habs and the Pats are playing a playoff game. Should be illegal. Pats on TV Bruins on Ipad so its not all bad.
meh....football should always come in second to a B's vs Habs game.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
meh....football should always come in second to a B's vs Habs game.

I use to love watching football but the game is pure garbage now. Pats will win by 30 tonight.

Plus, I have left two weddings so NOT to miss Bruins vs Habs so thats that lol

Reactions: Ladyfan

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
GDT Rant :mad:

So things aren't looking so good in Poutineville these days for the fans of the Hated Habs. Shitty defense, worse offense, a goaltender who isn't looking all universe anymore and a GM without a f***ing clue. All I have to say about that is:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: (My highest rating)

You Hab fans want to finish the season in the draft lottery? The Boston Bruins will be glad to put you on the expressway to futility after your long trip on the highway of irrelevance (1993- TWENTY FIVE YEARS WITHOUT A STANLEY CUP OH THE HUMANITY).

Just don't call the Mounties after the Bruins get done whipping that bunch of scum sucking champion divers you cheer for. Don't call NHL HQ when Charlie McAvoy crushes Drouin like an empty beer can. Repeatedly. Or when the B52 line (Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari a/k/a The Worker Bs) plays better than the Habs first line on every shift. Because they are better than your first line, that's how much the Habs suck these days, which is a lot. Or when Patrice Bergeron makes Carey Price look like a reject from a beer league. He's done that before but it never gets old. And then of course there is Captain Z. You remember him. 6 feet 9 inches & 260 pounds of hammer that just loves whacking Smurfs (one of the politer names we Bruins fans have for your team)

Just sit back with a plate of poutine and a beer or two or ten, you'll need them to anesthetize the pain as the Bear smashes, crushes, demolishes, destroys and in general beats the absolute snot out of Les Blanc, Bleu et Rouge.

Have a nice evening.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: