GDT: Game #41 Habs host Flames again 6pm ET. Everyone feels young tonight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Normand Flynn on with Marinaro said something many people would agree with. Hell has frozen over.

Speaking about Caufield, he said he wouldn't hesitate to put him in the line-up because there are guys not doing their job right now. When asked who he would sit, Flynn said Drouin. He brought up that Tatar was a healthy scratch when he wasn't scoring. Why shouldn't Drouin sit?
Reality is starting to bite Mr Drouin................in both languages....good to hear, it took 4 years, but...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If I remember correctly, Flynn was never a big fan of Drouin so this is not such a big stretch for him.

I didn't know he wasn't a Drouin fan. I try to avoid Normand Flynn as much as possible. So I never really heard him say things that make me think he's anti-Drouin.

Although I don't disagree with his assessment. That if it was okay for Tatar to sit out, it should be good for Drouin to do so.

Reactions: Rapala

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Big Ben is coming back eh guys!! With controlled TOI really he will help. Xavier Oullette back to the press box.
No more fighting just because Ben...

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
True. But let's be happy the quarantine is now only 7 days and not 14. So those guys can join the team this coming week.

I think Merrill would be good to play on Monday against Edmonton and Gustafsson on Wednesday against Edmonton.

I'm more interested in Merrill tbh. Think he'll be good on our bottom pairing.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
3FC0DC72-3037-46E2-AF6B-D2E24C5C4477.jpeg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'm looking forward to both.

Merrill because it will be good to help stabilize the bottom pair. So Romanov won't be stuck with a revolving door of partners. I do hope Romanov stays in the line-up. I'd rather have Kulak sit than Romanov.

But I'm also looking forward to Gustafsson, because he is able to contribute offensively. And having some more offensive contribution from the back end will be more than welcome.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It is easy to poke fun at the acquisition of Merrill, but the guy is a good bottom pair dman. A much needed upgrade over Kulak/Mete, and a good one at that. In fact, I would say that besides Savard, he was the best dman moved.

Reactions: Vachon23

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm looking forward to both.

Merrill because it will be good to help stabilize the bottom pair. So Romanov won't be stuck with a revolving door of partners. I do hope Romanov stays in the line-up. I'd rather have Kulak sit than Romanov.

But I'm also looking forward to Gustafsson, because he is able to contribute offensively. And having some more offensive contribution from the back end will be more than welcome.

sooooo... which is it you'd like to see? The new guys in the lineup or Romanov staying in the lineup?

Merrill "stabilizing the bottom-pair" would mean he's in the lineup regularly, no? He seems the most likely of the 4 to be used regularly if he plays on par with how he was playing in Detroit this year.

that would mean Romanov has to come out of the lineup for Gustafsson to play...

so assuming Kulak is permanently out of the lineup, either Romanov gets the yo-yo treatment, or they rotate Merrill/Gustafsson in/out of the lineup, which means no stability.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
sooooo... which is it you'd like to see? The new guys in the lineup or Romanov staying in the lineup?

Merrill "stabilizing the bottom-pair" would mean he's in the lineup regularly, no? He seems the most likely of the 4 to be used regularly if he plays on par with how he was playing in Detroit this year.

so assuming Kulak is permanently out of the lineup, either Romanov gets the yo-yo treatment, or they rotate Merrill/Gustafsson in/out of the lineup, which means no stability.

I think we all know based on history what is gonna happen

Romanov will get scratched to accommodate these losers.

Reactions: habsfan891

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

They could play with 7D.

I see Merrill playing more than Gustafsson will, though.

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
I'm calling it right now:

Ben Chairot - 1g, 2a ,+3

Johnny "HOPE FLOATS" Drouin - Natural Hat Trick

...any takers??...:laugh:
...no, I haven't been taking Bath Salts...:biglaugh:

This might be the worst thing to happen to this team. A win the battle, lose the war type of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad